Value of: Galchenyuk (Blowout Edition)

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I agree with this to a certain extent.
Maybe it comes down to where you think that 1st will be. I personally think it will be in the top 15

I expect it to be in the 14-23 range with an outside shot at being 5 picks higher or lower depending on injuries and the playoffs (top4 teams in the playoffs pick 28-31 regardless of their regular season performance).

People are underestimating Duchene if they don't believe that swapping him for Galchenyuk wouldnt significantly improve the Habs.
Look at how well he is doing with Yakupov and especially a very lite version of Drouin in Kerfoot right now..
Duchene always has excelled with these high IQ playmaking kind of wingers (Fleischmann, Mueller, Tanguay and PAP before they got washed up) while he has rather struggled with the shoot first type of wingers in Landeskog and the washed up corpse of Iginla..

You might not agree with me that Duchene is the clearly superior player but you atleast should agree with me that he is the way better fit for the Habs...

IMO Drouin won't work for you guys at center. But he would be dynamite on a line with Duchene and a more defensively solid winger with some skill (Lehkonen anyone?).

I also think that Pacioretty - Danault - Hudon could work. Hudon is obviously no Radulov but I like his skillset enough to believe that the line could atleast be a pretty solid 2nd line that allows Pacioretty to put up his usual 25-30 goals...

Still also have Gallagher, Shaw, Plekanec, Byron, etc who are not that bad when it comes to providing forward depth.

IMO a healthy Weber, Price, Duchene and Drouin will be good enough to keep you in the playoff hunt till the last week of the season.
Depending on Price and what Bergevin could do at the deadline to strengthen their D, you could even win a few rounds in the playoffs..

So yeah. If I would believe that your pick will be a top 10 pick, I obviously should take Galchenyuk + 1st for Duchene.
But that seems unrealistic.
It will be closer to the 20 range probably.

And thats why I would demand another big piece as well.

Ultimately I just don't think the Habs and Avs will be able to get anything done. Not good trading partners...

Last edited:

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Julien is on a mission to destroy him and his value. I wouldnt be surprised as soon as hes traded, he becomes a 65-70 point player playing with some REAL talent.

At what point is it not the coaches fault? I mean the kid is on his second head coach in the NHL and its the same story all over again.

Also 65-70 points would be awesome if he also played well in his own zone but he doesnt, in fact he is basically a pilon.

HawkeyFanatic

Dec 15, 2007
N/A
From Chicago, the only person I can see working out would be Anisimov.

So it would have to be Anisimov +, but I doubt the + would be any of the young talent so I don't see a fit

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I would like Rask, but we all know that Chucky will become an offensive somewhere else. I would ask for a bigger deal, trying to add Jake Bean for our need.... but if Bergie he'll try to waste asset to add a Quebecers in Gauthier.

Maybe something like Chucky + Juulsen + 3rd vs Rask + Bean + Roy

Still not sure about it... When think about that, if we trade Chucky, we'll be officially screwed for a long time.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Duchene for Galchenyuk and a 1st round pick seems to make sense.
Both are over rated and on the outs with their respective teams so why not try switching it up.
Montreal gets a much needed top 2 line center and Colorado gets a reclamation project with high end potential and a potentially high (5-15) 1st round pick.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
At what point is it not the coaches fault? I mean the kid is on his second head coach in the NHL and its the same story all over again.

Also 65-70 points would be awesome if he also played well in his own zone but he doesnt, in fact he is basically a pilon.
He was the highest scoring forward under Julien last season. He's been our best offensive centerman we've seen in a VERY long time. As a C he's nearly a PPG. The team cant score and yet they decide to let him on the third line with 2 grinders with no talent. Hemsky who has done shit deserves more top line minutes than chucky in julien's eyes. Drouin has been bad as a C and brutal defensively, yet he gets a pass but whenever Chucky makes a mistake, he gets demoted down the lines like a dude flushing down his toilet. Its incredible the chucky situation and thats the ONLY reason im now fine with him getting traded soon.

Reactions: bryan1966

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Duchene for Galchenyuk and a 1st round pick seems to make sense.
Both are over rated and on the outs with their respective teams so why not try switching it up.
Montreal gets a much needed top 2 line center and Colorado gets a reclamation project with high end potential and a potentially high (5-15) 1st round pick.

Galchenyuk and Duchene have very similar numbers. The Habs are definitely not adding a 1st round pick to that type of trade. That would be a swap and maybe a prospect thrown in from each side.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Galchenyuk and Duchene have very similar numbers. The Habs are definitely not adding a 1st round pick to that type of trade. That would be a swap and maybe a prospect thrown in from each side.
It really wouldn't.

At all.

Duchene is a proven center that has been averaging 60 points / per 82 over his career who won an Olympic gold medal with Canada, who has put up a PPG season before and who also scored 30 goals the same season Galchenyuk did..
He also is sound defensively and a complete beast when it comes to faceoffs.

Galchenyuk is a very skilled offensive first forward who does not even have a real position right now.

They really are not comparable valuewise even if Habs fans for some weird reason believe they are because Galchenyuk once had a good season that was close to as good as Duchenes career average...

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
He was the highest scoring forward under Julien last season. He's been our best offensive centerman we've seen in a VERY long time. As a C he's nearly a PPG. The team cant score and yet they decide to let him on the third line with 2 grinders with no talent. Hemsky who has done **** deserves more top line minutes than chucky in julien's eyes. Drouin has been bad as a C and brutal defensively, yet he gets a pass but whenever Chucky makes a mistake, he gets demoted down the lines like a dude flushing down his toilet. Its incredible the chucky situation and thats the ONLY reason im now fine with him getting traded soon.

wow.

ok look, he is good offensively, no one doubts that. He is just useless in the other 150 feet of the ice surface. That is no secret. As for your comparisons, go cherry pick some stats to show your point I dont care. You know what I see in those guys that I do not in Galchenyuk, heart and effort. They give it all they got. Chuck does not, he is a coaster and that is also no secret. Thats why he gets the demotion.

If Galchenyuk had Gallagher's heart and will I believe he could be a top 10 player. He just doesnt seem to care unless the puck is on his stick.

I dont know about you but personally I would prefer a 2 way 50 point guy than a 70 point guy that is useless in 150 feet of the ice surface

Reactions: sansabri

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I like the Rask for Chucky idea.

JVR? No thanks. Leafs would have to overpay.

Y'all gotta stop pretending Duchene is a savior when he can't even save the Avs.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
While I rate galch a lot higher than most people do, he isn't worth marner/nylander right now.

JVR + is a fair deal.
JVR potentially walks at the end of the year. He'll also want a king's ransom. Makes no sense for Montreal, who is struggling, to target him.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
He appears to be socially awkward based on his NHL pimp my house video.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Chucky for Nuge, minor pieces from either sides to even out value.

Maroon - McDavid - Chucky
Lucic - Draisaitl - Slepyshev
Jokinen - Strome - Kassian

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Do us a favor and don't tell us what we can and can't discuss. This idea that JVR has no value because he's on the final year of his contract is idiotic.

I didn't say he has no value. However, the odds of him re-signing with Toronto and agreeing to an immediate trade to a struggling team are very low. Why would he possibly do that? How many times has that happened with a good player when they've been with a team for a while?

I kindly ask that you Leafs fans stop gunking up every trade thread with the same unlikely scenario.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad