Value of: Galchenyuk (Blowout Edition)

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
While it's looking like Galchenyuk is likely starting on the 4th line next game, is there a team that knows how to manage their players willing to take a chance on him?

What team? What would you give?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
While it's looking like Galchenyuk is likely starting on the 4th line next game, is there a team that knows how to manage their players willing to take a chance on him?

What team? What would you give?

In Montreal's defense, every coach that has had Chucky since junior has pulled him out of center and/or dropped him in the line-up at various points.
It's possible this is just as much a Galchenyuk problem as it is a Montreal problem.

Reactions: Burke the Legend

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
In Montreal's defense, every coach that has had Chucky since junior has pulled him out of center and/or dropped him in the line-up at various points.
It's possible this is just as much a Galchenyuk problem as it is a Montreal problem.
Some of it is on him but the Habs have a recent history of not always developing players properly and I think he is one. I still think Therrien was not a fan of his from the start and that's why he was yo-yoed so much.

That Rask for Galchenyuk idea is intriguing.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Galchenyuk has the skills of a top tier NHL player but the hockey IQ and compete of a top tier AHL player. He is probably still a top six forward but he's damn frustrating to watch just as an FYI.

I'd say if we can get a 95-97 born NHL ready player with potential jump on it or if we can get an upgraded top six forward jump on it. Either way it looks more and more like a change of scenery is needed.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
That actually makes a lot of sense...

Canes in general should pounce on that opportunity...

I could see something like that working, I remember before the draft fans saying a deal around Galchenyuk and Hanifin.

Is there a package that could be made around:

Rask
Hanifin

for

Galchenyuk
+

?

Reactions: SakuKoivu11

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
how is Rask in his own zone?

He's a good two way player. He just is the epitome of a jack of all trades while the Canes could use a more dynamic offensive talent. Rask is good to fill a top-6 C spot and put up ~50 points. Still only 24 with 5 years left on his deal at $4 million per.

Reactions: Breakdowns

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I could see something like that working, I remember before the draft fans saying a deal around Galchenyuk and Hanifin.

Is there a package that could be made around:

Rask
Hanifin

for

Galchenyuk
+

?

Yeah that is not going to happen...

The Habs balked at giving us Hanifin for Duchene.

I highly doubt they are all of a sudden willing to include him for Galchenyuk who just got demoted to the 4th line...

That would make me mad as an Avs fan. unless it ends up a three way with Noah going to Denver...

Rask is probably not too far off.
Maybe Fleury (or Bean but I guess Bergie wants immediate impact Ds) gets added with a big plus coming from Montreal as well if the Habs want to get C + LHD...

Juulsen or Poehling maybe...

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Who knew Yakupov would become the more consistent, better player... :naughty:

I kid, I kid.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
JVR(extended) + 2nd from Toronto

It's a huge hypothetical that JVR agrees to an extension with Toronto and is then traded. Leafs fans, please stop throwing that into every thread. Right now you own the right to JVR until the end of the season, and that's what you have to trade. How often do sign and trade actually occur?

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Yeah that is not going to happen...

The Habs balked at giving us Hanifin for Duchene.

I highly doubt they are all of a sudden willing to include him for Galchenyuk who just got demoted to the 4th line...

That would make me mad as an Avs fan. unless it ends up a three way with Noah going to Denver...

Rask is probably not too far off.
Maybe Fleury (or Bean but I guess Bergie wants immediate impact Ds) gets added with a big plus coming from Montreal as well if the Habs want to get C + LHD...

Juulsen or Poehling maybe...

Galchenyuk for Fleury and 4th round pick ?

Leafsmann

Jan 4, 2016
While I rate galch a lot higher than most people do, he isn't worth marner/nylander right now.

JVR + is a fair deal.

Reactions: Iceman

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Matthews, Marner, or Nylander.
Anything else is a no.
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad