Value of: Galchenyuk (Blowout Edition)

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Yeah that is not going to happen...

The Habs balked at giving us Hanifin for Duchene.
I highly doubt they are all of a sudden willing to include him for Galchenyuk who just got demoted to the 4th line...

That would make me mad as an Avs fan. unless it ends up a three way with Noah going to Denver...

Rask is probably not too far off.
Maybe Fleury (or Bean but I guess Bergie wants immediate impact Ds) gets added with a big plus coming from Montreal as well if the Habs want to get C + LHD...

Juulsen or Poehling maybe...

What? Habs balked at giving Hanifin? He is not a Hab. And whether he is on the 4th line to start the next game or not is not going to change Galchenyuk's trade value. So what if it's for a shift or two and then he is back in the top 6 his value goes back up in your mind?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
What? Habs balked at giving Hanifin? He is not a Hab. And whether he is on the 4th line to start the next game or not is not going to change Galchenyuk's trade value. So what if it's for a shift or two and then he is back in the top 6 his value goes back up in your mind?

I obviously mixed up the Canes and Habs...

Him getting (deservedly so) demoted to the 4th line does not exactly scream that all things are well in Habsland...

He hasn't exactly looked good when he had to play with lesser players so far in his career.

Trade value does not usually change that fast.

But 2 coaches have now moved him to the wing. His GM stated before the season that Galchenyuk is not a center. Then he started off so poorly at wing that he gets demoted to the 4th line when he so far in his career has only produced at center next to very good linemates .
That is not exactly a good sign when it comes to him preserving his value and probably already had an impact on his trade value...

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Ummm sorry that makes no sense and I am a Habs fan who thinks he is being under valued around here.

What makes no sense?
Theres nothing else on the leafs that is enticing.
Not saying the leafs would do it, just saying thats the only way habs would trade Galchenyuk to the leafs.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
It's a huge hypothetical that JVR agrees to an extension with Toronto and is then traded. Leafs fans, please stop throwing that into every thread. Right now you own the right to JVR until the end of the season, and that's what you have to trade. How often do sign and trade actually occur?

Do us a favor and don't tell us what we can and can't discuss. This idea that JVR has no value because he's on the final year of his contract is idiotic.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
So can I assume you'd be OK taking Rask + 1st for Duchene?

Hell no.

But I also wouldn't take Galchenyuk + 1st at this point for Duchene.

Would atleast cost you Mete (or atleast maybe Poehling) as well...

Avs also don't need a guy like Rask.

Habs do...

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Its not that he cant crack the top 6, its that he doesnt have chemistry with north-south guys like Danault and Shaw.

Well that's quite the red flag that should bring his value down. Can't play with North South players....

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Hell no.

But I also wouldn't take Galchenyuk + 1st at this point for Duchene.

Would atleast cost you Mete (or atleast maybe Poehling) as well...

Avs also don't need a guy like Rask.

Habs do...

I guess the point that I'm making is it's convenient for you to say that the Habs shouldn't do that trade but the Avs should.
Duchene isn't worth more than Galchenyuk and a 1st.

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
What makes no sense?
Not saying the leafs would do it, just saying thats the only way habs would trade Galchenyuk to the leafs.
The add would be big for any of the 3 players if Gally was the piece coming back. Like the Habs don't have the add to get it done.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Its not that he cant crack the top 6, its that he doesnt have chemistry with north-south guys like Danault and Shaw.

How many excuses are you guys going to come up with defending him?? First it was Therrien. Then Claude. Then it was because he is not at C. Now it's north-south guys.

Maybe it's time for Chucky to look in the mirror and become a better hockey player.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I guess the point that I'm making is it's convenient for you to say that the Habs should do that trade but the Avs should.
Some people have bought Sakic's sales pitch I guess. Duchene is highly overrated and would not make the Habs a better enough team if it meant losing Galchenyuk in the process. Duchene does not make the Habs a serious contender.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
What makes no sense?

Canadiens should do backflips if the Leafs were ever silly enough to offer Kadri for Galchenyuk.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I guess the point that I'm making is it's convenient for you to say that the Habs should do that trade but the Avs should.
+
Well it depends on the 1st.

But in general I disagree.

Again. I wouldn't do that Galchenyuk + 1st deal and pretty sure the Avs won't either...

But the Canes really could use an upgrade in skill and Galchenyuk could give them that.
They are also the one team in the league aside from maybe Columbus that could live with his flaws thanks to their stellar defensive core and the sheer amount of great two-way forwards they have.

That is why Galchenyuk makes way more sense for the Canes than he would for the Avs...

Rask could help stabilize the center depth in Montreal. Not his biggest fan but he is a solid #2 C IMO. Habs could really use one.

Avs not so much. We already have Jost and maybe Compher who will get a shot at that role once Duchene gets traded. And we also still have Soderberg who probably should be that #2 C anyways given his contract if the young guys don't cut it...

So yeah. Rask for Galchenyuk is IMO a solid basis for a deal...
Maybe add Fleury and Poehling or Juulsen (if the Canes like him more than I do).

That could make sense.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
How many excuses are you guys going to come up with defending him?? First it was Therrien. Then Claude. Then it was because he is not at C. Now it's north-south guys.

Maybe it's time for Chucky to look in the mirror and become a better hockey player.

Never said there was no blame going to Chucky.
Just saying that playing a shooter with grinders instead of playmakers doesn't help.
Not to mention, he scores most of his goals on the right side, but they never use him there.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Some people have bought Sakic's sales pitch I guess. Duchene is highly overrated and would not make the Habs a better enough team if it meant losing Galchenyuk in the process. Duchene does not make the Habs a serious contender.
There isn't much that MB has done that would move the needle of the habs becoming a serious contender. It seems the primarily goal in Montreal is to make the playoffs and then "anything can happen."

Duchene does address one of a few major issues from the habs becoming a contender though.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
+
Well it depends on the 1st.

But in general I disagree.

Again. I wouldn't do that Galchenyuk + 1st deal and pretty sure the Avs won't either...

But the Canes really could use an upgrade in skill and Galchenyuk could give them that.
They are also the one team in the league aside from maybe Columbus that could live with his flaws thanks to their stellar defensive core and the sheer amount of great two-way forwards they have.

That is why Galchenyuk makes way more sense for the Canes than he would for the Avs...

Rask could help stabilize the center depth in Montreal. Not his biggest fan but he is a solid #2 C IMO. Habs could really use one.

Avs not so much. We already have Jost and maybe Compher who will get a shot at that role once Duchene gets traded. And we also still have Soderberg who probably should be that #2 C anyways given his contract if the young guys don't cut it...

So yeah. Rask for Galchenyuk is IMO a solid basis for a deal...
Maybe add Fleury and Poehling or Juulsen (if the Canes like him more than I do).

That could make sense.

I agree with this to a certain extent.
Maybe it comes down to where you think that 1st will be. I personally think it will be in the top 15

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
There isn't much that MB has done that would move the needle of the habs becoming a serious contender. It seems the primarily goal in Montreal is to make the playoffs and then "anything can happen."

Duchene does address one of a few major issues from the habs becoming a contender though.
I highly doubt Duchene will do any better than chucky playing with Shaw and Danault, do u?

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I highly doubt Duchene will do any better than chucky playing with Shaw and Danault, do u?

Well, I don't think he would be playing with those guys in the first place. He would be used at center, not wing. And it would at least give Drouin a chance to get offensive zone starts at center.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Always thought there could be a fit with the Blues, but couldn't see them offering much beyond something like Barbashev+.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Is that a serious question? Duchene is a very good player in a very bad situation.... He’s a better centre option than anyone else in the organization and it’s not even close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad