Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
images (3)~2.jpeg

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Gotta find a way to move on from Kuz. Highly paid and radically underperforming.

Anddd … there’s the lazy penalty at worst possible moment. 5-on-3 PK coming up

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I’m not sure there can be a team worse at getting a puck out of the zone when the opportunity presents itself.

Reactions: troyerlaw

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Came here to post this. Next season will tell all.
truthfully, the healing process for things like this are way longer than people realize. even for a basic knee replacement, you're "healed" and done with PT in 3-4 months but it's generally a year before you're truly all better.

True. To me his skating hasn’t been all that bad. It’s his timing and his hands.
and he's said he knows his timing is off and needs more work. hoping an offseason and training camp make a meaningful difference

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
truthfully, the healing process for things like this are way longer than people realize. even for a basic knee replacement, you're "healed" and done with PT in 3-4 months but it's generally a year before you're truly all better.

and he's said he knows his timing is off and needs more work. hoping an offseason and training camp make a meaningful difference
I hope so. I have to believe everyone wants to see Backstrom playing up to his capabilities again.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Irwin is fine as a 7D who can eat pucks while giving you 8-10 games a year in sheltered minutes. If he plays the rest of the games he’ll have played in 65 games this season which is not what you want to see.

Reactions: Calicaps

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
God Damn, Kuzya mighta popped his shoulder out. That was a mean hit.

I'd like CMM to come up if he has to sit, let him play some timeline minutes again.

On replay that was 100% a dirty f***ing hit. What the hell was that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad