GDT: G71: Capitals @ Wild | 3/19/23 | 2:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Man, I am just so ready for a new coaching staff and a new game philosophy. I know it'll probably be some old head retread, but I am dying for an offensive guy who'll actually bang the drum about better passing. Just zero creativity in this team.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
1679249830805.png

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Man, I am just so ready for a new coaching staff and a new game philosophy. I know it'll probably be some old head retread, but I am dying for an offensive guy who'll actually bang the drum about better passing. Just zero creativity in this team.
For me, hard to pine for anything new right now when we’re “trying to lose” today…..right?

run it into the ground…..

Reactions: Neil Racki

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Today may be the day they officially quit on Laviolette.

Let Allen bring this ship in. This is a disgrace and a disaster.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Laviolette has them ready to play.

Ovechkin looks like he doesn’t even want to be bothered.

There is no coach in the world that can win with a lineup of Ovechkin/Backstrom and Oshie at this stage in their careers. But the fact that he keeps playing all three on the same team is insane. And even worse is the GM sees it and keeps allowing it. They'd rather delude themselves into thinking like it's just a matter of "effort" instead of realizing the writing on the wall. Neither Backstrom nor Oshie should be playing.. and Irwin is straight trash and should be bagging groceries at giant.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
There is no coach in the world that can win with a lineup of Ovechkin/Backstrom and Oshie at this stage in their careers. But the fact that he keeps playing all three on the same team is insane. And even worse is the GM sees it and keeps allowing it. They'd rather delude themselves into thinking like it's just a matter of "effort" instead of realizing the writing on the wall. Neither Backstrom nor Oshie should be playing.. and Irwin is straight trash and should be bagging groceries at giant.
At least Wegmans…come on.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Flat out disagree. Backstrom is a massive negative, but this team has checked out because of the awful decision making Lavi has had all year. Outside of a wasteful hot streak in December, they've just consistently made the wrong decisions and this is the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad