GDT: G71: Capitals @ Wild | 3/19/23 | 2:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Right. I don't get the continued complaining if we've taken The Tank as our lord and savior and invited it into our lives.
Amazing. We couldn't talk about it prior because it was wasteful and annoyed you because it's not going to happen, now that they're semi-tanking we're not allowed to talk about it because they're doing it?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
There is no coach in the world that can win with a lineup of Ovechkin/Backstrom and Oshie at this stage in their careers. But the fact that he keeps playing all three on the same team is insane. And even worse is the GM sees it and keeps allowing it. They'd rather delude themselves into thinking like it's just a matter of "effort" instead of realizing the writing on the wall. Neither Backstrom nor Oshie should be playing.. and Irwin is straight trash and should be bagging groceries at giant.
Oh you think GMBM would support benching Oshie and Backstrom and Lavi is refusing?

Irwin is supporting the tank as we see….

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Right. I don't get the continued complaining if we've taken The Tank as our lord and savior and invited it into our lives.
I’d rather position our team for next year. They cannot control the lottery. The only thing we have in our control is preparing our young, inexpensive players to contribute next year.

We have failed miserably.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Who knows how bad this will get. But, just as a heads-up, the NCAA Women's Hockey final (Wisconsin vs Ohio State) is at 4 p.m., streaming on ESPN+.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’d rather position our team for next year. They cannot control the lottery. The only thing we have in our control is preparing our young, inexpensive players to contribute next year.

We have failed miserably.
You just are dying for Lavi’s job…..it’s a weird thing. They are not firing him.

Reactions: g00n

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
There is no coach in the world that can win with a lineup of Ovechkin/Backstrom and Oshie at this stage in their careers. But the fact that he keeps playing all three on the same team is insane. And even worse is the GM sees it and keeps allowing it. They'd rather delude themselves into thinking like it's just a matter of "effort" instead of realizing the writing on the wall. Neither Backstrom nor Oshie should be playing.. and Irwin is straight trash and should be bagging groceries at giant.
Don't forget Kuznetsov, who has been worse than all 3!

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Flat out disagree. Backstrom is a massive negative, but this team has checked out because of the awful decision making Lavi has had all year. Outside of a wasteful hot streak in December, they've just consistently made the wrong decisions and this is the outcome.

Disagree all you want... but this team was looking legit in December running circles around other teams with younger and faster players.. The moment Backstrom and Oshie are inserted into this lineup.. they lose back to back to Philly and then keep sliding even further down. Funny thing is.. then they went and played colorado and backstrom and oshie didn't play... team looked stout again, running circles around a pretty fast avs team. Then both are inserted into the lineup and they are getting rammed up the rear end again. Pretty simple to see that neither of them should be playing.

I like how people keep saying "hot streak" about our december team, but that team wasn't winning by luck, they were outshooting and out-corsi'ing every team by a wide margin.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Amazing. We couldn't talk about it prior because it was wasteful and annoyed you because it's not going to happen, now that they're semi-tanking we're not allowed to talk about it because they're doing it?

You were never prohibited from talking about it before.
You're not prohibited now.
I never said you were in either case.
The difference is before people were advocating giving up in November or January, vs giving up in late March and then complaining about the team sucking AFTER deciding the best thing to do is suck.

I'm not sure why you're still angry about all of this and continue to scour every word I post searching for some sliver of hypocrisy you can pounce on. Chill out.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He should.. if he doesn't he shouldn't be the GM. But we know how much ted loves his mediocre GM's.
That’s not what’s happening behind the scenes IMO…..they have accepted that injuries tanked this season. If they believed there was true dysfunction, Lavi would be gone.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Disagree all you want... but this team was looking legit in December running circles around other teams with younger and faster players.. The moment Backstrom and Oshie are inserted into this lineup.. they lose back to back to Philly and then keep sliding even further down. Funny thing is.. then they went and played colorado and backstrom and oshie didn't play... team looked stout again, running circles around a pretty fast avs team. Then both are inserted into the lineup and they are getting rammed up the rear end again. Pretty simple to see that neither of them should be playing.

I like how people keep saying "hot streak" about our december team, but that team wasn't winning by luck, they were outshooting and out-corsi'ing every team by a wide margin.
I think a deeper statistical analysis of that streak is warranted….were all the subs carrying the team by themselves? Not how I recall it, but my memory ages…

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If they loved Lavi he would have an extension and he doesn’t. He isn’t coming back.

False dilemma.

They can want to move on from Lavi and not consider the franchise dysfunctional.

I think a deeper statistical analysis of that streak is warranted….were all the subs carrying the team by themselves? Not how I recall it, but my memory ages…

Ovie chasing records had more to do with it happening than NB or Oshie coming back and killing it, imo

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013

Losing Carlson was the primary factor.

Reactions: racingmoose

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010

No, but they weren't massive blackholes and were driving the play into the offensive zone leading OV to get prime opportunities. Neither backstrom nor orshie are capable of that.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If they loved Lavi he would have an extension and he doesn’t. He isn’t coming back.
Not about love….I think both parties have simply agreed to move on.

Lavi is in the same spot as Trotz was in terms of being able to psychologically manage the effectiveness of this roster. Before the streak to win the Cup, Trotz’s message was losing effectiveness, and I think both Lavi and GMBM understand his coaching style lends to a shorter lifecycle and it’s likely that this withering team will be better served with a different voice the next few years that won’t be largely focused on winning a Cup.

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad