GDT: G40: Wild @ Stars - 6:30PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
I know it’s kinda graphic/gross but sums up the game/season. Been saving this one for a year or so. Hope I don’t make anybody mad with this one….
39EAA72B-7F49-4DD0-88D6-5D96024B0283.gif

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I kinda like Bogosian
Me too except if they transition and there’s Zuc
Hard to understand what Middleton was thinking on that 4th GA. Like he just decided to be a forward and forecheck(slowly), even though there was already an F1 below the goal line. then Hartman compounded things by pinching also, so that there were three Wild players below the dot while the Stars had possession.

I mean, if you're going to pinch, do it so you have a chance to win the puck, and put some effort into it. Brain dead play by #5.
Bogo also goes down the wall fine but if you get Zuc or Hartman or johsnsson covering
Or worse Not covering
if they transistion…..yikes.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Everything about him is in question. His GM hires have been poor at best. His involvement has been massively detrimental. His unwillingness to let the team build through the draft is 100% inexcusable.
Jjjjjuuussssttttt a tad bit of speculation and heresay here.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Dang, I recorded the game to watch late tonight. Looked at the boxscore and I'm just going to delete it.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
the wild pass in off in scoring position all the time
I would be screaming at them all to shoot more!! Don’t pass up a chance. Drive the net hard. If you don’t play hard, then your ass is on the 4th line. Yeah, looking at you Johansson and Zucc.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I would be screaming at them all to shoot more!! Don’t pass up a chance. Drive the net hard. If you don’t play hard, then your ass is on the 4th line. Yeah, looking at you Johansson and Zucc.
Unlike Robertson or Pavelski who don’t even THINK of passing with a clear shot.
no big useless slapper, but rather a quick and accurate snap or wrist to the corners.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
just glad i missed this one too. Fell asleep before the game started. Won't even watch the highlights. It wass enough reading the posts in this thread.

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
It was a pretty short honeymoon period shortened by the injuries piling up. The wild look completely lost, second guessing every offensive play they make and in doing so missing the right moment to actually make that play. No line is creating anything meaningful in the offensive zone. No zone time, little hustle, always one or even two steps too late. The forecheck which used to be very effective even early in the year under Evason is completely fizzling out. The chances they got last night were more by chance than by actual creative play.

Let's hope Kaprizov returning (soon?) can give this team a spark because I cannot see it anywhere else. No matter what line combo Hynes throws at the wall not a single one sticks for more than a shift, a period or at maximum a game. This has turned into a team with a very bleak outlook on the rest of the season.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
The current state of this team should lose to top 10 teams. No surprises.

Of course we all wanted Wallstedt to give up 1 goal on 58 shots or something, but IMO, this is just a prized forward prospect having no points, a -2 and bad turnover in their first game. Hardly an indictment about anything.
Disagree , goaltending is an individual effort physiologically quite often. I’m sure Wallstedt is mentally tough and has had stinkers at every level that he’s brushed aside. Your first nhl game is special though and only happens once. For us to toss him into that absolute dumpster fire was disrespectful in my eyes. He got exactly what they drew up for him and that was blown out and left hanging. What they did to him last night was no different than calling up someone like Yurov and then sticking him on a 4th line with Raska and Maroon for 20 games and sending him down when he can’t produce. There is zero point in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad