GDT: G40: Wild @ Stars - 6:30PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Disagree , goaltending is an individual effort physiologically quite often. I’m sure Wallstedt is mentally tough and has had stinkers at every level that he’s brushed aside. Your first nhl game is special though and only happens once. For us to toss him into that absolute dumpster fire was disrespectful in my eyes. He got exactly what they drew up for him and that was blown out and left hanging. What they did to him last night was no different than calling up someone like Yurov and then sticking him on a 4th line with Raska and Maroon for 20 games and sending him down when he can’t produce. There is zero point in it.

I'm sure him and his thousands of dollars he made last night are pissed. Get real.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I'm sure him and his thousands of dollars he made last night are pissed. Get real.
Oh for sure , that’s really all that matters to these prospects who have worked tirelessly literally their whole lives to get here is an extra $21,000. Get real is right. Countless prospects have been stunted by being called up too early and not put in positions to succeed. This isn’t Mason Shaw. This is our goalie of the future we’ve invested heavily in. It was stupid , really stupid to do that to him.

I mean it’s not like there’s literally 100 million in career earnings at stake here for him. ITS ABOUT THE thousands derrrrdddd

Last edited:

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Oh for sure , that’s really all that matters to these prospects who have worked tirelessly literally their whole loved to get here is an extra $21,000. Get real is right. Countless prospects have been stunted by being called up too early and not put in positions to succeed. This isn’t Mason Shaw. This is our goalie of the future we’ve invested heavily in. It was stupid , really stupid to do that to him.

I mean it’s not like there’s literally 100 million in career earnings at stake here for him. ITS ABOUT THE thousands derrrrdddd

I would understand this position if they were throwing him out there for 20+ games despite the team playing like ass.

But if one poor game is enough to break him mentally and permanently ruin his development, he probably wasn't going to make it anyway.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I would understand this position if they were throwing him out there for 20+ games despite the team playing like ass.

But if one poor game is enough to break him mentally and permanently ruin his development, he probably wasn't going to make it anyway.
Why does it have to be permanently , what if he gets one more game before Gus is back and gets shelled again? What if he heads back to Iowa after posting a .700% and 7gaa and doesn’t look the same the rest of the year when prior to this idiocy he was cruising?

This isn’t a f***ing robot , this is a kid with emotions and hopes and dreams and a hyper focus on being great.

What did the wild gain by doing this to him?

P10p

May 15, 2012
Why does it have to be permanently , what if he gets one more game before Gus is back and gets shelled again? What if he heads back to Iowa after posting a .700% and 7gaa and doesn’t look the same the rest of the year when prior to this idiocy he was cruising?

This isn’t a f***ing robot , this is a kid with emotions and hopes and dreams and a hyper focus on being great.

You're right, look how much it broke Rossi playing those games and not producing. Abd look how much it broke Boldy that they wouldn't let him play. And look how it broke Faber jumping right into the playoffs.

Maybe, just maybe the organization knows more about Wallstedt' make up than you? Nah couldn't be.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
You're right, look how much it broke Rossi playing those games and not producing. Abd look how much it broke Boldy that they wouldn't let him play. And look how it broke Faber jumping right into the playoffs.

Maybe, just maybe the organization knows more about Wallstedt' make up than you? Nah couldn't be
Was it good for Wallstedt to get shelled like that. Yes or no

P10p

May 15, 2012

We don't know because that isn't a black and white question that WE can answer. He could use it as motivation and be better for it.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Then he wasn't who we thought he was.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Did it break Thomas Vokoun when he played behind those utterly terrible early Nashville teams?
Every goaltender is going to get shelled at some point... every single one.
When you're young, behind a terrible team, it's likely easier for them to accept it than being behind a really good team and getting shelled because you simply weren't ready.

I think in the long run? Last night's game will mean little to nothing in terms of the goaltender he will be over his career.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Convenient excuse for piss poor asset management
I think you just really want a reason to be more mad at the front office.

He was the best Iowa goalie, and one of the NHL goalie got hurt. He should be called up, and then he should play the role of backup goalie, and play when it's his time to play. If he can't handle that, then I don't really know what to say.

He saw 34 shots. He wasn't shelled. If he can't handle that, and needs a perfect roster in front of him to play, then that sucks for us.

Reactions: MrRuin and TaLoN

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
He will be fine, nothing wrong w taking a azz whooping once in a while, plus it helps the tank. Throw him in again, see what happens.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I think you just really want a reason to be more mad at the front office.

He was the best Iowa goalie, and one of the NHL goalie got hurt. He should be called up, and then he should play the role of backup goalie, and play when it's his time to play. If he can't handle that, then I don't really know what to say.

He saw 34 shots. He wasn't shelled. If he can't handle that, and needs a perfect roster in front of him to play, then that sucks for us.
You could apply the same logic to Rossi last year. He was the best skater in Iowa. We had plenty of injuries. He should have been called up and used to fill gaps. Instead we go plug after plug and Rossi was left to marinate in Des Moines.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You could apply the same logic to Rossi last year. He was the best skater in Iowa. We had plenty of injuries. He should have been called up and used to fill gaps. Instead we go plug after plug and Rossi was left to marinate in Des Moines.
Only because the few times Rossie was called up, he didn't look any better and often times worse than the other plugs.
It was clear he wasn't ready. Instead of banging our head against that wall, we called someone else up who didn't need the development, and were just placeholders at best.

This case does not relate at all.

Reactions: 57special

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I didn’t love starting him against when Philly & AZ are on the docket, but the notion that it could hurt his career development is absurd. He took his time acclimating to the AHL and I expect that will be the case here as well. There is a reason 21 year olds don’t often play as goalies in this league

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Start him next game against PHI right back up on the horse again and much better matchup i had a bad feeling before that away game in Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad