GDT: G2: Wild at TOR 6pm CT (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
If we sent down Mermis we'd have about 825k in cap space, which wouldn't be enough to call up any of the guys you'd actually wanna see. Beckman, Walker, Lambos, Spacek, O'Rourke, Hunt all make more than that. The best we would be able to do is Khaira, Lettieri, Swaney?
That is insanity

Reactions: TaLoN and AKL

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
difficult to beat a good team when the refs are homers. still im upset guerin keeps extending the old guard instead of adding young skilled talent. new team name guerin's geezers

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kaprizov might be better off summering in Russia. He looks like crap, or at least, nothing like you expect a 9M "elite" offensive player to look like. We can blame the Middleton's, Merrill's and Goligoski's all we want, but all of their salaries together barely add up to half of what he is making. His play is unacceptable... fanning multiple times on open looks, and looks slow, for him, out there.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The unsportsmanlike on Goose was egregious, but I felt the rest of the night had decent enough officiating
Yeah. Those goals were on us.

Kaprizov might be better off summering in Russia. He looks like crap, or at least, nothing like you expect a 9M "elite" offensive player to look like. We can blame the Middleton's, Merrill's and Goligoski's all we want, but all of their salaries together barely add up to half of what he is making. His play is unacceptable... fanning multiple times on open looks, and looks slow, for him, out there.
Perhaps he's spending too much time with one guy. I don't mind him staying in the States during the offseason considering what happened last year. But he needs to branch out instead of living with Zucc.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
The unsportsmanlike on Goose was egregious, but I felt the rest of the night had decent enough officiating
guess you missed merrill checking a leaf along the boards and getting a bs interference call. dewar crashes net then domi 3rd man in fights him but each 5. reeves holds 2 wild players and goli gets an unsportsman? wake up.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I guess I might be alone in the camp of thinking Kaprizov doesn't really look that bad.
I don't think he looks bad enough to write about except in the sense that he's supposed to be leading the offense and he's just not really doing much of anything. Guys like Zuccarello, Foligno have been worse at forward, but they also have lower expectations. At a certain point though you need to give Kaprizov some help on that line. Hartman has been fine for what he is, which is supposed to be the third best player on that line, but he's had to be the second best player on that line.

This line is quickly on its way to GREEF status though. Zuccarello isn't an effective top six player anymore. Needs to be handled as such when things aren't going well.

Reactions: Sweetnut and TaLoN

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
guess you missed merrill checking a leaf along the boards and getting a bs interference call. dewar crashes net then domi 3rd man in fights him but each 5. reeves holds 2 wild players and goli gets an unsportsman? wake up.
Ok. 2 bad calls / non calls outside of the Goose call. I'd be willing to bet Leafs fans could cite 2 bad calls / non calls that favored us. I'm not saying the officiating was perfect, but it wasn't that bad.... we've seen worse. The loss isn't on officiating

Reactions: Sweetnut

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'd like to see Boldy and Rossi with Kaprizov, but in an effort to still have a somewhat balanced top six, maybe this would be a good compromise (who I am kidding, nothing will change next game)

Kaprizov-Rossi-Hartman
Johansson-Ek-Boldy
Foligno-Gaudreau-Zuccarello
Maroon-Dewar-Duhaime

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'd like to see Boldy and Rossi with Kaprizov, but in an effort to still have a somewhat balanced top six, maybe this would be a good compromise (who I am kidding, nothing will change next game)

Kaprizov-Rossi-Hartman
Johansson-Ek-Boldy
Maroon-Dewar-Duhaime
I'm more than okay with that compromise. Zucc needs to move down. Boldy and Rossi have earned the promotion.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong

Kaprizov-Rossi-Hartman
Johansson-Ek-Boldy
Maroon-Dewar-Duhaime
My mind is where yours is at.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad