GDT: G2: Wild at TOR 6pm CT (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Well, 'decent' is definitely better than below mediocre. But, beyond that, I don't see that he moves the needle much past where the defense was in last nights game.
I don’t think that’s fair , Dumba was a quality top 4 defender in hindsight. The team obviously misses him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't miss Dumba at 6M, TBH.

Would i rather have him than Foligno on an equivalent contract? Absolutely.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Just didn't have the money to sign him knowing we had to lock up Zuccarello and Foligno.
Dumba's cap applied this season, where the others apply next season. If Dumba's contract had ended next off-season instead of this one, he'd have almost certainly been re-signed, based off of how Guerin spoke of Dumba (glowingly).

Personally, I think the Wild should move on from most of the old guard, but that's another conversation. They most certainly do need at least one more top-4 defenseman this season than they currently have.

Reactions: 57special

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Dumba's cap applied this season, where the others apply next season. If Dumba's contract had ended next off-season instead of this one, he'd have almost certainly been re-signed, based off of how Guerin spoke of Dumba (glowingly).

Personally, I think the Wild should move on from most of the old guard, but that's another conversation. They most certainly do need at least one more top-4 defenseman this season than they currently have.
I think it’s possible things look a lot better with Spurgeon back stabilizing a second pairing. They definitely could use one more top 4 defenseman though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad