GDT: G2: Wild at TOR 6pm CT (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Hopefully Kaprizov looked across the ice at what a 13 million dollar player does. He hasn’t looked worth any more than the plugs at this point this year.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This is genuinely one of the most frustrating teams I've ever followed. The GM and coach have the weirdest priorities. There's absolutely no consistency from one game to the next. You can't even get a consistent effort through a whole game. The locker room they keep harping on seems to provide no tangible benefits on the ice. They're capable of having really good games, but it's hit or miss.

I wanna see what the kids look like when the vets clearly suck (looking at you Zuccarello, Foligno, Goligoski, Merrill, Middleton, Johansson), but we can't even do that because there's not even enough cap space to bring up an ELC player.

Gonna be another long season with stretches of brilliance and stretches of the worst hockey you've ever seen.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We needed to keep Dumba and move Foligno and Zucc.

I don't think keeping Dumba was really the answer. It was time to move on.

But it was also time to move on from Foligno and Zuccarello. And it was not time to move on from Fiala, as good as Faber has been.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
This is genuinely one of the most frustrating teams I've ever followed. The GM and coach have the weirdest priorities. There's absolutely no consistency from one game to the next. You can't even get a consistent effort through a whole game. The locker room they keep harping on seems to provide no tangible benefits on the ice. They're capable of having really good games, but it's hit or miss.

I wanna see what the kids look like when the vets clearly suck (looking at you Zuccarello, Foligno, Goligoski, Merrill, Middleton, Johansson), but we can't even do that because there's not even enough cap space to bring up an ELC player.

Gonna be another long season with stretches of brilliance and stretches of the worst hockey you've ever seen.
Lol. I don't follow the money side of things that closely.... are we seriously that short on cap we can't call up a kid on an ELC from IA right now?

That is absolute bananas

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I don't think keeping Dumba was really the answer. It was time to move on.

But it was also time to move on from Foligno and Zuccarello. And it was not time to move on from Fiala, as good as Faber has been.
Agree with everything but Fiala. I suddenly find myself on the fence extremely intrigued by Faber.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Lol. I don't follow the money side of things that closely.... are we seriously that short on cap we can't call up a kid on an ELC from IA right now?

That is absolute bananas
Correct. We have $52k in cap space. Best we could do is swap Mermis with somebody making a similar amount.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Agree with everything but Fiala. I suddenly find myself on the fence extremely intrigued by Faber.
I've crossed that fence. I'm happy with a straight Faber / Fiala trade. Ohgren is just the cherry on top.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love Fiala on the team right now. But I think Faber is going to be an absolute grand slam

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

That is absolute bananas

If we sent down Mermis we'd have about 825k in cap space, which wouldn't be enough to call up any of the guys you'd actually wanna see. Beckman, Walker, Lambos, Spacek, O'Rourke, Hunt all make more than that. The best we would be able to do is Khaira, Lettieri, Swaney?

It worked out (to the greatest extent that it could so far), but it doesn't mean it was the right decision at the time.

Not gonna harp on it anymore than I have to though. Faber's a good one, should be an anchor on the D for a long time now. I'm more focused on the trend of moving on from guys like Fiala but committing to guys like Foligno and Zuccarello, moreso than the actual Fiala for Faber trade itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad