Speculation: Friedman: "At the deadline I heard that several Jets players asked to be traded"

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I'm thinking Helle definitely wants out..
Devils fan and massive Helle fan here coming in peace.
What woild ne a fair offer from the Devils IF ( and a massive if) he wants out and the Jets consider it ?
Only thing Devils really lack for assets are RHD. I’m hoping the Jets do not have a massive need for that.
Not sure if the Jets would want a goalie coming back the other way .
Devils rumoured to be on the outs with Blackwood.
I know Blackwood cannot hold HelleBuick’s jock strap , but is all the Devils can offer unless a younger decent prospect could be offered (Daws) .

Id say Devils 2022 picks (including #1) could be offered .
Anyone besides Hughes brothers , Bratt , Nico , being offered.
Dont want to offer but wo probably have to is - Mercer , Holtz , Mukhamadoulin , Bahl , Okhotiuk , Gritsyuk , Stillman , Foote ,etc.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
What woild ne a fair offer from the Devils IF ( and a massive if) he wants out and the Jets consider it ?
Only thing Devils really lack for assets are RHD. I’m hoping the Jets do not have a massive need for that.
I know Blackwood cannot hold HelleBuick’s jock strap , but is all the Devils can offer unless a younger decent prospect could be offered (Daws) .

Dont want to offer but wo probably have to is - Mercer , Holtz , Mukhamadoulin , Bahl , Okhotiuk , Gritsyuk , Stillman , Foote ,etc.

Actually a young top pairing RD is pretty high on our list of needs. We have a surplus of LD.

I guess we may also need a very good center if Mark is also on his way out.

I like Mercer but I doubt the org is really interested in moving Helle for top 6 winger prospects as we are set there.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Marek name dropped Helle again too in the segment. I think he must be another that has made his displeasure well known, but that TNSE would be unwilling to move him unless another team offered the world.

Get a coach that understands that goaltenders actually have fatigue, and we're halfway to solving this problem.
Post automatically merged:

I am not surprised at all.

Our head coach quit on the team!!!

As someone who has owned several businesses, this is a huge red flag for me.

"I don't think it's good for a team's morale to see the manager cry." - Charlie Brown.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014

Luckily EF just said that Helle is ok as long as the plan is to continue to try on contend so I don't think we move him but if we did I'd be looking at your 2022 1st + Mercer. With your 1st we would be hoping to draft Jiricek to address the RD issue and Mercer address our lack of Right shot wingers.

To me that would be the trade. Maybe the Jets add something else to make it work but that would be my ask. Helle on the Devils... I can see the marketing department drooling already.

Reactions: Thechozen1

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Helly is ok to stay as long as we are contenders , Helly you are still under contract you don't have a say really. Same goes for Scheifele.

Reactions: JetsFan815

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think he's done quite well on the trade front given the circumstances behind the trades. My only complaint with Chevy re: trades is his reluctance to make good hockey trades.

The Kane and Laine deals were both good hockey deals imo.

We pretty much have the template for what Mark will get back as we've seen it on the Eichel and Duchene deals.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Luckily EF just said that Helle is ok as long as the plan is to continue to try on contend so I don't think we move him but if we did I'd be looking at your 2022 1st + Mercer. With your 1st we would be hoping to draft Jiricek to address the RD issue and Mercer address our lack of Right shot wingers.

To me that would be the trade. Maybe the Jets add something else to make it work but that would be my ask. Helle on the Devils... I can see the marketing department drooling already.
Would Mercer plus a swap of firsts work? Devils need a RHD so hopefully they could still land one after the top tier ones in Jiricek and Nemec .
Not sure if Jets have their first this year?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Would Mercer plus a swap of firsts work? Devils need a RHD so hopefully they could still land one after the top tier ones in Jiricek and Nemec .

Not enough value for a franchise goalie imo.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yup, Jets traded/got rid of two headaches there & did well……now time for Chevy to do it again.

Yea I agree with you. Time for a trade that works for both teams like the Laine PLD trade. I soured on Mark this season but I could see him kicking ass next year with a change of scenery. I would prefer to move on from this now but Mark is a hell of a talent when he's engaged.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
if it's NYRs 1st (if we end up getting it) id do that.

there hasn't been a trade for a goalie of Helle's calibre in a while. i think that's a fair deal given some other (although a bit worse) goalies.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
The kane/bogosian trade was good, but I don't think it was amazing as we hoped it would be shortly after it was made.

All the pieces were gone last year and some of the pieces we got had minimal impact or less impact then we hoped due to various factors and had to be included in trades to get rid of contracts/even-up trades...Roslovic, Lemieux (he was disruptive so good riddance), Armia.

Myers had his moments of course, like that one round in the 2018 playoffs but he was too inconsistent to be more than a #5 defenseman on the good team. Missed nearly a full season too. Of course that is better than Bogo who missed tonnes of time every season and was prone to many a braindead play.

I was thinking back to our deadline deals of yesteryear too....Ladd got us a whole lot of blah....NHL washout Marko Dano and a draft pick that got us half of Logan Stanley (had to use another draft pick to trade up for him:ha:).

Saying Chevy makes the best trades and is elite at drafting is pretty exaggerated based on the entirety of the results so far. There is room for the middle ground on his tenure here.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
After the leafs get swept, they will be calling for 55 in TO.
scheifele would not survive in TO

ie he got butthurt b/c of our scrutiny, imagine him in TO.
Post automatically merged:

The kane/bogosian trade was good, but I don't think it was amazing as we hoped it would be shortly after it was made.

All the pieces were gone last year and some of the pieces we got had minimal impact or less impact then we hoped due to various factors and had to be included in trades to get rid of contracts/even-up trades...Roslovic, Lemieux (he was disruptive so good riddance), Armia.

Myers had his moments of course, like that one round in the 2018 playoffs but he was too inconsistent to be more than a #5 defenseman on the good team. Missed nearly a full season too. Of course that is better than Bogo who missed tonnes of time every season and was prone to many a braindead play.

I was thinking back to our deadline deals of yesteryear too....Ladd got us a whole lot of blah....NHL washout Marko Dano and a draft pick that got us half of Logan Stanley (had to use another draft pick to trade up for him:ha:).

Saying Chevy makes the best trades and is elite at drafting is pretty exaggerated based on the entirety of the results so far. There is room for the middle ground on his tenure here.
yup. i am tired of hearing chevy wins every trade, and has the best draft... if that's the case why do we have 1 good year/11?

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Buff wanted out, trouba wanted out, laine wanted out, Maurice wanted out, now sheif and helle with maybe more. I think the problem or atleast one of the problems is who,the hell wants to live in Winnipeg. It’s cold as hell. It’s the worse place to live out of all the nhl cities. You look around and envy the rest of the league living in Vegas, Florida, dallas, LA etc and your like, Im stuck here in Winnipeg. Screw that.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Buff wanted out, trouba wanted out, laine wanted out, Maurice wanted out, now sheif and helle with maybe more. I think the problem or atleast one of the problems is who,the hell wants to live in Winnipeg. It’s cold as hell. It’s the worse place to live out of all the nhl cities. You look around and envy the rest of the league living in Vegas, Florida, dallas, LA etc and your like, Im stuck here in Winnipeg. Screw that.
then why did buff, scheifele, helle, and maurice all re-sign for years? it didn't become cold here within the last 2-3 years.

trouba was an extraordinary situation with his wifey going to school to be a dr. (australian born US citizen made it hard to do it in Canada).

laine i think was open to a long-term deal maybe, but no clue. i don't think he wanted to leave b/c Winnipeg.... but moreso b/c maurice/wheeler/scheifele

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Well if it isn’t because of weather than there’s something else. No nhl team can match the number of people wanting to leave an organization like people have with Winnipeg.

Reactions: hockeyarena and rkp

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Well if it isn’t because of weather than there’s something else. No nhl team can match the number of people wanting to leave an organization like people have with Winnipeg.
im sure there are situations where weather was a factor. however, some of the players and coach you cited ended up re-signing here, after being here for a number of years. so they were well aware of how cold it was prior to inking a deal.

now scheifele was an RFA, so could be argued his options were limited... however he did not have to sign for 8 seasons, and there are mechanisms where he could find the quickest route to UFA to bolt. same w/ Helle. however at the end of the day, they both ended up re-signing for long-term deals here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad