Speculation: Friedman: "At the deadline I heard that several Jets players asked to be traded"

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I can see Ehlers wanting out. He put in his time and wasn’t really rewarded for it. Most of his tenure significantly less minutes no 1 pp and probably, rightfully thinks he’d be treated like a star elsewhere.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Scheifele used to say all those things repeatedly. I will never trust a word any of these guys say ever again, i'm too hurt.
Perfetti Is still on ELC and needs to get better and play to make $$$.
Scheifele got his already.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The one guy I am not sure of is Helly. I heard rumblings of him not being happy in Winnipeg and Canada in general. I also believe his wife is from the States and that might factor in as well
Well you could clearly tell he wasn't happy with how COVID was handled here. It wouldn't be that surprising if that soured a lot of players to Canada.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I can see Ehlers wanting out. He put in his time and wasn’t really rewarded for it. Most of his tenure significantly less minutes no 1 pp and probably, rightfully thinks he’d be treated like a star elsewhere.

The way Ehlers presented himself in that postgame a few games back I'd be sceptical that he's asked for a trade. Sounded more like a player trying to seize some control and lead the way than trying to abandon ship.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Looking at the way the season ended with 4 straight wins without Scheif in the lineup and how they lined up I think they will look to accommodate a move for Scheif if they right deal is there.

Connor/Dubois/Perfetti
Ehlers/XXX/Wheeler
Harkins/Lowry/Appleton
Barron/Toninato/Svech

Morrissey/Demelo
Samberg/Pionk
Dillon/Schmidt

Helly/Comrie

I think they look to move Scheif and likely one or both of Dillon/Schmidt(I am less certain both get moved but they are blocking guys that could do the same job on a bottom pairing for cheaper).

I think the Framework for a Scheif deal would be similar to Eichel's deal. 1 NHL player, 1 top prospect and 1 1st round pick. They would probably want to bring in a Center for that 2nd line in that trade. Maybe they look at Gus in that role too.

With the right trades and the right coaching staff I believe that lineup can be successful. Especially if Helly returns to form next year and you play him less. Connor/Ehlers have shown me a lot this year. I think a 20 year old Perfetti is primed for a big year and I actually like Wheeler and the role he could be willing to take on this team

Would we entertain Cole at 2C next year or is that too soon? He plays like a C and playing him with a vet winger in Blake and an elite play driver might just help him adapt. There are a lot of similarities to Stastny in his game.
Post automatically merged:

The way Ehlers presented himself in that postgame a few games back I'd be sceptical that he's asked for a trade. Sounded more like a player trying to seize some control and lead the way than trying to abandon ship.

Yup, him Conner and JoMo were all about how they could get things turned around for next year. These are players that are invested.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Would we entertain Cole at 2C next year or is that too soon? He plays like a C and playing him with a vet winger in Blake and an elite play driver might just help him adapt. There are a lot of similarities to Stastny in his game.

If we have the cap space I want Stastny back to centre Cole and rotate responsibility as the season goes on. I wanted that this season but Maurice has always been fixated on Lowry at 3c.

Who knows how the roster construction and cap looks like at this point though.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If we have the cap space I want Stastny back to centre Cole and rotate responsibility as the season goes on. I wanted that this season but Maurice has always been fixated on Lowry at 3c.

Who knows how the roster construction and cap looks like at this point thought.

I think the chances of Paul coming back are incredibly low. I would have him back to but doubt he comes back.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
It's just so confusing. We got rid of Laine who was the big issue in the room. How could this happen? :laugh:.

Dillon makes sense, not like he chose to come here. Ves obviously needs a change of scenery, Scheifele obviously. Hell maybe Heinola asked to be moved too, wouldn't surprise me.

maybe laine wasnt the issue.........wouldn t blame helle asking for a trade, seeing 30+ shots every game for the past 3 or 4 seasons, who wouldnt...

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
Post automatically merged:

Yup, him Conner and JoMo were all about how they could get things turned around for next year. These are players that are invested.

I wouldn't hate running Dubois - Stastny - Perfetti - Lowry down the center if we could get a hold of a strong two way winger or two to support that. Dubois Connor just needs a facilitator and Ehlers and Stastny play very well together. Maybe Wheeler with Perfetti and another strong winger from a trade?

As you said though this requires Stastny being willing to stick it out...

None

Feb 22, 2012
I think the chances of Paul coming back are incredibly low. I would have him back to but doubt he comes back.

Yeah, I doubt it as well. He left the door open but it sounded like he wasn't willing to take a pay cut. I'm assuming he's looking for 3-4 million to stay.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
maybe laine wasnt the issue.........wouldn t blame helle asking for a trade, seeing 30+ shots every game for the past 3 or 4 seasons, who wouldnt...
I wouldn't be surprised if Helle asked for a trade. Beleive either Marek/Friedman or Frank S brought it up earlier.
The covid restrictions, the team doing zilch to make his job easier, and cherry on top our media (beleive it was billeck) going after him and his kid bc of his vaccine hesitancy.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Well they aren’t going to trade half the team so a few people need to relax in here. If guys like Svechnikov and Ves want out, who gives a crap really. Svech was brought in on a PTO ffs and Ves hasn’t done a single thing to prove he’s worthy of an NHL roster spot. Dillon, replaceable, Schmidt, replaceable. There might be a couple of big moves like Scheifele, but the rest are going to be the natural turnover you see in a lot of rosters, especially unsuccessful ones.
Well the worry is that if one or more of PLD/Connor/Ehlers/Helle are one of the ones who have asked for a trade. Yeah the Jets can get over it if its Svech/Harkins/Ves asking for a trade but not if one of the other 4 have.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Well the worry is that if one or more of PLD/Connor/Ehlers/Helle are one of the ones who have asked for a trade. Yeah the Jets can get over it if its Svech/Harkins/Ves asking for a trade but not if one of the other 4 have.
it has to be a front line player...harkins/svech/ves arent front line players, they are merely add ons to take up space

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I’m skeptical any of those players has requested a trade. I can see Helle not committing after his current deal and PLD possibly not committing long term, but I doubt trade requests. Certainly not from Ehlers or Connor.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
If we're trading Scheif and Helle we may as well blow it up because we are not going to be contending for a few years minimum.

Identify who is going to be here long-term, move the rest and rebuild around the long-term guys.

Ehlers, Connor, Perfetti, PLD (hopefully), Samberg, Morrissey, Heinola.

If you get a good return on Helle and Scheif then add those assets in, a high 1st round pick in 2023 draft (which is stacked), and you could turn it around fairly quickly.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
What a shitshow. It has been for a few years now, anyone could see it. If this was my business I would be cutting out the disease pretty damn quick. We have some very good players who obviously want to put in the effort and some young players who have been treated like dirt.

I could imagine any one of them wanting out of a dysfunctional team like this.

We finally get a team back, and this is the kind of management that we get with it SMH.

Get rid of everyone who is a problem and start over if necessary.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I'm legitimately worried about this team 3-4 years from now when Ehlers and Connor are coming up on UFA. Slow and methodical can't be the way forward.

It's like drifting down a river towards a f***ing waterfall or the boiling frog parable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad