GDT: Freight Train or Train Wreck: PHL @ CAR

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
If no new players were going to be brought in moving Lindholm is kind of a dramatic shift, especially for Krueger. It turns the entire strategy of having 2 defensive lines on its head and says f*** it less go score some goals. Now it would’ve made a lot more sense if you could drop Zykov in for Nordstrom, but they still do need someone to kill penalties.

Edit: And apparently Peters just said as much.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
If no new players were going to be brought in moving Lindholm is kind of a dramatic shift, especially for Krueger. It turns the entire strategy of having 2 defensive lines on its head and says **** it less go score some goals. Now it would’ve made a lot more sense if you could drop Zykov in for Nordstrom, but they still do need someone to kill penalties.

Edit: And apparently Peters just said as much.

Have any interesting quotes?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Its hard to make any significant changes when the GM isn't willing to change the personnel. Shuffling the deck chairs is all you can do when the captain refuses to bring the ship to port.

NHL Trades since Christmas:

(12/30/17) Calgary trades Eddie Lack to New Jersey for Dalton Prout. THREAD
(01/04/18) Montreal trades Al Montoya to Edmonton for a conditional 4th round pick. THREAD
(01/10/18) Arizona trades Anthony Duclair and Adam Clendening to Chicago for Richard Panik and Laurent Dauphin. THREAD
(01/22/18) Columbus trades John Ramage to Arizona for Future Considerations. THREAD
(01/22/18)Los Angeles trades Jeff Zatkoff to Columbus for Future Considerations. THREAD
(01/31/18) Edmonton trades Eddie Pasquale to Tampa Bay for Future Considerations. THREAD
(02/03/18): Dallas trades Mark McNeill to Nashville for Andrew O'Brien. THREAD
(02/05/18): Los Angeles trades Zac Leslie to Vegas for Future Considerations. THREAD

I get that people want to see changes, but no GMs are making any significant changes to their NHL personnel right now.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Always. Every time. Like a birthday child with an absent father.
"This time daddy will come. I just know it!"

Tonight's the night they turn it around. I just know it.

1220618207_1.jpg

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Glad Lindy is at center. Feeling pretty bad for Jooris. That guy works his tail off and isn’t a bad player at all, and after last game if they aren’t bringing anyone up probably deserved a sniff.

Rask has overall mildly improved, but needs to step forward in a big way. Luke using his name and the word “flaccid” during his public venting had to be an ouchie moment. Time to ......you know....get it up Vic.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
NHL Trades since Christmas:

(12/30/17) Calgary trades Eddie Lack to New Jersey for Dalton Prout. THREAD
(01/04/18) Montreal trades Al Montoya to Edmonton for a conditional 4th round pick. THREAD
(01/10/18) Arizona trades Anthony Duclair and Adam Clendening to Chicago for Richard Panik and Laurent Dauphin. THREAD
(01/22/18) Columbus trades John Ramage to Arizona for Future Considerations. THREAD
(01/22/18)Los Angeles trades Jeff Zatkoff to Columbus for Future Considerations. THREAD
(01/31/18) Edmonton trades Eddie Pasquale to Tampa Bay for Future Considerations. THREAD
(02/03/18): Dallas trades Mark McNeill to Nashville for Andrew O'Brien. THREAD
(02/05/18): Los Angeles trades Zac Leslie to Vegas for Future Considerations. THREAD

I get that people want to see changes, but no GMs are making any significant changes to their NHL personnel right now.

I wonder how much the league's parity has contributed to the lack of moves. Hard to move anyone of significance when you're a few game winning streak out of a playoff spot. Kudos to GMRF for making that "tough" call in '16.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad