GDT: Freight Train or Train Wreck: PHL @ CAR

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Guys, we all know that they don't care even when they are 1 point out of playoff spot - just look at last two games, no effort, no fight. I think they all need psychologist, because they are mentally weak with a losers mentality.

I mean it’s easy to have a loser mentality when you are in fact a loser, as a vast majority of these players are.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Clearly the personnel changes will only be minimal but why not take bold action and make changes in C and A leadership? At least give Williams an A to send the signal that leadership is lacking (looking at you Faulk) along with the effort.

So tired of one the players saying, well we have X number of games left so there's time. Empty words, play with urgency. Now. Just Way too complacent.

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Clearly the personnel changes will only be minimal but why not take bold action and make changes in C and A leadership? At least give Williams an A to send the signal that leadership is lacking (looking at you Faulk) along with the effort.

So tired of one the players saying, well we have X number of games left so there's time. Empty words, play with urgency. Now. Just Way too complacent.
I agree. I'd even say Aho should have a letter over anyone that has one right now.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
It's frustrating as a long time fan, to keep kicking a dead horse with this team coming out flat in big games. I mean it's happening across different seasons, rosters, coaches, GMs, and now owners. I'm not sure how you point a finger at any one entity.

I might look to take a page out of what the Eagles did in the NFL. Trade everything to get a #2 pick and a major franchise player and then get a steal of a backup in case he gets injured and surround them with arguably the best and deepest roster in the league? Hah, no

No, get a GM in place that you trust with 100% certainty. Then bring in a complete nutcase of a head coach to completely shake things up. Hey, let him make trades too. Just create a little bit of chaos, making the deals you wish you could make, and then allow him to tank the team. Fire him, have the GM take over, hopefully the difficult trades that jettisoned some high visibility problem players are already done, and go to work. Replace the coach with the guy you had pegged for the job all along, and ride it to success.

Truth be told, I'm just throwing something.... anything at the wall right now. The only thing that seems to NOT work for this team is just letting it ride, and yet thats the one thing that's happening at the GM level. Has anyone checked on Francis to make sure he's still breathing?

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC

The quick takeaway for me is 4th line got better while everything else is still pretty meh. If the goal was to penalize effort, I'm not sure how both Rask and Lindholm are in the top 9 and both Ryan and Stempniak (two of the more consistently hardworking forwards) get demoted.

Then again, I don't drink Kinetico water so maybe I'm not seeing things clearly.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
The quick takeaway for me is 4th line got better while everything else is still pretty meh. If the goal was to penalize effort, I'm not sure how both Rask and Lindholm are in the top 9 and both Ryan and Stempniak (two of the more consistently hardworking forwards) get demoted.

Then again, I don't drink Kinetico water so maybe I'm not seeing things clearly.

Perhaps it’s Skinner who is being demoted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad