GDT: Freight Train or Train Wreck: PHL @ CAR

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
I really believe that this is one of the last chances to actually make playoffs. If we lose tonight, it's gonna be a long end of the season..

I have never been so happy to be an ocean away from these guys.

Lempo, Breakdown, other Euro friends: I don't know how you do it.
I really don't know why I am doing this to me as well.
In which country are you?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I guess with the 1 point the Isles got last night, we technically can't be in a playoff spot with a win. We'd be tied with NYI, but they would have more ROW, is that correct? Right now standings have CLB above NYI even though they have less ROW, but I'm guessing because they have less Games Played? Not that any of that matters until the season ends.

Tie-breakers go:

Head to Head
GF-GA (ouch).

Canes are currently the worst of the teams they are battling for ROW and GF-GA. Need to get a lot of wins head-head against these teams to have a shot at it, because otherwise, they'll lose the tie-breakers.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
If they win they are still out of the Playoffs. So strong chance of W. Especially vs the Flyers. They just won't win another game all year that puts them into the a Playoff spot. That extra bit of push or motivation to put them over the top is what Peters lacks as a coach IMO.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
IMO, that’s giving the players a huge pass. Peters isn’t a babysitter. These guys are 1 point outside the NHL playoff bubble, how much more motivation do they need from a dang coach?

I'm referring to a micro-level "big game" push. Organizational culture and messaging comes from the top.

I don't give any players a pass. I'm ready to ship off anyone and everyone not named Aho and Slavin. However I've also seen them come out flat consistently in important games under Peters. That is largely as a group, across multiple groups.

Dark Ambient

Darkness descends
Feb 4, 2018
Finland
IMO, that’s giving the players a huge pass. Peters isn’t a babysitter. These guys are 1 point outside the NHL playoff bubble, how much more motivation do they need from a dang coach?
They can have all the motivation in the world, but if Peters - for some inexplicable reason - decides to play Darling, and he lets in one of his trademark easy goals that my dead grandmother would stop - all that motivation is out the window in one swift 'whooosh'.

By now, it should be embarrassingly obvious that the players have zero confidence in Scott Darling - and it's kind of baffling that Darling is still with the team.
He's not a NHL-level goalie. Even as a back-up.

Skinner is another issue altogether.

Fix those two - and the guys will start winning games. Oh, and for heaven's sake - do not touch the TSA line, Mr Peters !!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->