Free Agent/Trade Thread 15-16 Off-Season: UFA Courting Starts 6-25, Cap Set at 71.4M

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Lol everyone defends Gardiner because he's 24 but no one is willing to give Tim Erixon a chance.

I think he's going to develop here, especially under Babcock.

Gardiner's accomplished quite a lot more at the NHL level than Erixon so far. Gardiner needs to refine his game, Erixon needs to invent it.

91Kadri91*

Figured Granberg would be back. Didn't really like Erixon's game all that much though. His fancy stats were good though apparently.

Not really.

His sample size is far too small to evaluate his delta/usage numbers, but his GAR has never been positive, he has got pretty mundane base possession numbers, his GF/GA60 isn't special and his CA/CF +/- isn't anything to write home about. He's a bottom-pairing defenseman, at best, right now.

91Kadri91*

Lol everyone defends Gardiner because he's 24 but no one is willing to give Tim Erixon a chance.

I think he's going to develop here, especially under Babcock.

Yeah, because Gardiner is already a legitimate top-4 defenseman, and very good defensively.

Erixon is... not.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Yeah, Calgary to New York to Columbus to Chicago to us in 6 years.

Also... according to Wikipedia, Zach Hyman is an "award-winning author." Who knew?

:laugh: i wonder what he wrote?

also thanks.
well, maybe he needs stability.

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph
Keeping Erixon is a low-risk move. We need players to play next season. Either he turns it around and becomes a solid defenseman; he turns out be a decent bottom-pairing guy that we can keep around for cheap; he turns out good and is trade bait; or he continues to suck and is a placeholder until we get better (and helps us to draft higher next year).

This seems like a win-win to me.

Rielly-Polak
Gardiner-?
Erixon-Robidas

With the first overall pick, the Maple Leafs are proud to select...

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Keeping Erixon is a low-risk move. We need players to play next season. Either he turns it around and becomes a solid defenseman; he turns out be a decent bottom-pairing guy that we can keep around for cheap; he turns out good and is trade bait; or he continues to suck and is a placeholder until we get better (and helps us to draft higher next year).

Rielly-Polak
Gardiner-?
Erixon-Robidas

Polak on the top pairing is disgusting. The guy is hardly a 3rd pairing guy and wouldn't be on some teams.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014

Rielly-Polak
Gardiner-?
Erixon-Robidas

I would be amazed to see if we start with them d-men right there lol?! I mean they already proved to be the worst. Allowing a whole loads of goals. Rielly - Polak, Gardiner... Erixon - Robidas... lol these are not good defensive d-man except Polak is a huge warrior. Polak is slow though, but he is really good I want to keep him. Rielly and Gardiner though are not good defensively, Gardiner is one of the most horrible defensive guys I've ever seen play the game. Erixon and Robidas can't do much as we all have proof.

I think there will be some special guy coming back for us. Something you definitely haven't listed above there. Not at all man. Wait and see.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009

Rielly-Polak
Gardiner-?
Erixon-Robidas

i suspect going into the season our defense will be something like;

rielly-phaneuf -babs will put our 2 best defenseman together and put phaneuf on his comfortable side. i dont see a reason no to do this.

gardiner-polak - polak will balance gardiner's rushing. i also assume babs will incorporate some sort of team defense and defensive structure that should help gardiner

percy-robidas-erixon - i think there will be a rotation going here. percy is young, erixon is almost a bust, and robidas is injury prone. if babs can get 2/3 healthy/functioning at a time then it might be a good enough bottom pairing for now.

91Kadri91*

I would be amazed to see if we start with them d-men right there lol?! I mean they already proved to be the worst. Allowing a whole loads of goals. Rielly - Polak, Gardiner... Erixon - Robidas... lol these are not good defensive d-man except Polak is a huge warrior. Polak is slow though, but he is really good I want to keep him.

Polak is harmful for 56 minutes per game; he sucks. He is a pretty good penalty killer, though.

Rielly and Gardiner though are not good defensively, Gardiner is one of the most horrible defensive guys I've ever seen play the game.

Rielly isn't good defensively yet; Gardiner, in reality, is fantastic defensively.

I think there will be some special guy coming back for us. Something you definitely haven't listed above there. Not at all man. Wait and see.

We're rebuilding.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Polak is harmful for 56 minutes per game; he sucks. He is a pretty good penalty killer, though.

Rielly isn't good defensively yet; Gardiner, in reality, is fantastic defensively.

We're rebuilding.
Polak is a good PK player yeah, he is a warrior.

Jason Gardiner is not fantastic defensively. Not even good. He is the worst. I got my evidence last season. He was horror like brando all over again. I was amused at times. He lost the puck often, situated himself awfully etc etc. bad passing etc. One of the most awful ones. He should be teached better or traded like a bullet. I don't like him that much as a hockey player. He is and even looks weird.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Any interest in Erat and Bergenheim as bargain bin 1 year signings?

JVR-Kadri-Panik
Bergenheim-Holland-Lupul
Komarov-Bailey-Erat
Cleary (Babcock signing :laugh:)-Carrick-Cap dump
(Sill, Cap dump)

Rielly-Polak
Gardiner-Robidas
Percy-Erixon
(MacWilliam/cap dump)

Bernier
Reimer

Now that is how you build a tank :laugh:

91Kadri91*

Polak is a good PK player yeah, he is a warrior.

Jason Gardiner is not fantastic defensively. Not even good. He is the worst. I got my evidence last season. He was horror like brando all over again. I was amused at times. He lost the puck often, situated himself awfully etc etc. bad passing etc. One of the most awful ones. He should be teached better or traded like a bullet. I don't like him that much as a hockey player. He is and even looks weird.

Jason Gardiner? I'll have to take your word for it; I can't say I've ever seen the guy play an NHL game (I get the reference).

Jake Gardiner, however, is a great defensive player.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Jason Gardiner? I'll have to take your word for it; I can't say I've ever seen the guy play an NHL game (I get the reference).

Jake Gardiner, however, is a great defensive player.

Great defensively.

Great offensively.

Great skater.

Great passer.

Great age and contract.

Guys Duncan Keith lite!

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
Jason Gardiner
:handclap:

Erixon is totally the type of player you take a flyer on, who knows how he could be in an increased role under babcock.

Consider Stralman's terrible usage on the leafs/rangers and how the lightning realized how valuable he could be on the PP or top pairing.

Not saying Erixon is at that level but I wouldnt undervalue a new coach and opportunity.

If anything we should be targeting more 1st round pedigree type projects (like Gardiner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad