Rumor: Free Agent Frenzy: Yamamoto & Puljujarvi elect Salary Arbitration

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Why are expecting a JP decision today? Hes going to file for arbitration and prolong this isnt he? Why would he sign the qualifying offer?

Reactions: MoontoScott

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Why are expecting a JP decision today? Hes going to file for arbitration and prolong this isnt he? Why would he sign the qualifying offer?

I think this is the deadline to trade him, no? Until arbitration is settled, at least

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I think the Oilers target is to sign all 3 RFA’s for around 6.5 million. 3.25 for Yamamoto, 2.75 for JP and 1.5 for Mckeod. I’m guessing that both Yams and JP are asking for 4.

• Haha
Reactions: ManByng

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm not expecting it, but I believe there was a tweet saying that there could be something happening with the team today and I would suspect that it would be regarding Jesse since he seems like the odd man out.

Reactions: McDoused

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
If I remember correctly, they need to reject their qualifying offer to file for arbitration, and Puljujarvi was never gonna sign his anyways since it would be highly advantageous for the Oilers to have him on a 1 year 1.41 million dollar a year contract. He'd lose all negotiating power, especially if he was pushing for a trade.

Most players don't sign qualifying offers of course, it's usually just a formality in most cases to retain a player's rights while they negotiate for the real contract.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
If moving on from the Oilers is a priority for JP, he shouldn’t file for arbitration. But he’ll want to have his cake and eat it too.

We can still trade him though right? Didnt detroit trade and sign Jason Dickinson after he filed?

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I'm not expecting it, but I believe there was a tweet saying that there could be something happening with the team today and I would suspect that it would be regarding Jesse since he seems like the odd man out.

The tweet you're referring to is from an Oilersnation writer. I woudn't be hanging onto his every word. He's useful for catching you up on stuff that the regular HFOil user reads here. The most memorable thing he's tweeted out was that dude who unsuccessfully keept down a mickey.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
TBH, McLeod seems like the one with the most upside so I'd definitely prioritize him. I'd try to bring back Puljujarvi and use him on the third line with McLeod or Nuge as his centre and move him up if he shows promise. I don't think he was tried with Draisaitl for any length of time, so maybe that's fit too.

I'd sign and swap Yams for a good defensive defensemen that can fit into the top 5. Maybe Yamamoto for Soucy? Yamamoto can return to Seattle and we can have a defensive D alongside Bouchard.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I think the Oilers target is to sign all 3 RFA’s for around 6.5 million. 3.25 for Yamamoto, 2.75 for JP and 1.5 for Mckeod. I’m guessing that both Yams and JP are asking for 4.

McLeod isn’t getting 1.5M- he has no arb rights and no negotiation leverage. His brother, with similar stats and in the same position, just signed for under a million

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
TBH, McLeod seems like the one with the most upside so I'd definitely prioritize him. I'd try to bring back Puljujarvi and use him on the third line with McLeod or Nuge as his centre and move him up if he shows promise. I don't think he was tried with Draisaitl for any length of time, so maybe that's fit too.

I'd sign and swap Yams for a good defensive defensemen that can fit into the top 5. Maybe Yamamoto for Soucy? Yamamoto can return to Seattle and we can have a defensive D alongside Bouchard.
Yah love Yam but I'd make that trade...Soucy would look great here. For some reason I think JP gets 3.5 mil per in arbitration and it will make him harder to move.

Reactions: Duke74

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
McLeod isn’t getting 1.5M- he has no arb rights and no negotiation leverage. His brother, with similar stats and in the same position, just signed for under a million
They’ll try and sign him for 2-3 years at that hit. if it’s one year then it will be between 950k-1 million.

Reactions: thadd

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
Yah love Yam but I'd make that trade...Soucy would look great here. For some reason I think JP gets 3.5 mil per in arbitration and it will make him harder to move.

There's no chance he'd get that much. A guy like Copp settled before completing arbitration last year for about a little more than 3.5 (3.65). He was coming off a contract where he made more than 1 million more than Puljujarvi and had significantly better stats in his last year, along with comparably strong underlying numbers. I know some disagree, but I consider it unlikely that Puljujarvi or Yamamoto get over 3 million.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad