GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Leo Komarov - 27 years old. 5'10", 185 lbs.
1 year NHL experience:
42 games- 4 goals, 5 assists. -1 rating.

He just got 4 years 12M!

is anyone else wondering what the heck Toronto is thinking. I thought Clarkson was Mr Intangible. Now Robidas and Komarov, who are nothing more than intangibles at this point... 6 M more.

They were also going to throw a lot of money at Bolland too, but fortunately for them Florida was trying to claw their way to the cap floor.

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
Dats, Z, Babcock, a willingness to always spend to the cap, Hall of Fame former players littering the staff, and two decades in the playoffs without requiring rebuilds?

It means nothing, the chance to be legitimate contenders and money are the two factors.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Don't care about his flaws, Ryan Sproul should be on the team next year.

Addresses a big need to the point where I can deal with his growing pains.

Big, great skater, physically imposing, great on the PP.

Pair him with a steady partner, shelter him at ES, and let him run wild on the man advantage.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Hahahahaha I go on my lunch break to see Ehrhoff took 1 year at 4 million. Boyle gone for 1 mil less. Iginla and Moulson are both gone.

If we don't get Niskanen were ******. Holland is a moron.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Did anyone else get the official email form the Red Wings the other day about the new "Free Agency Live Update" page they built and to follow that on July 1st? I hope they didn't spend too much #Clearymoney on a blank page :yo:

probertANDernie

Mar 3, 2013
MI
Being stuck in between rebuilding and contending is the worse thing a team can do. Holland is trying to do both but in the cap era it's impossible. Just pick one and go.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Not a good sign the only time the NHL.com live feed has talked about Detroit was to say Holland could fit Cleary on the roster later in the summer.

Well. Isn't that just salt in our wounds...

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Hahahahaha I go on my lunch break to see Ehrhoff took 1 year at 4 million. Boyle gone for 1 mil less. Iginla and Moulson are both gone.

If we don't get Niskanen were ******. Holland is a moron.

And we offered more money to Boyle.

How's it Holland's fault Boyle took less money to play with his old pal MSL?

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Leafs improved?

Edit: NVM...you mean Tampa Bay right after Montreal, right?

Yeah, the Leafs improved. They got rid of Tim Gleason and replaced him with Stephane Robidas. Whether people want to believe it or not, he's really not that bad. Komarov is pretty good. They added by subtracting Dave Bolland, who is a dumpster fire. Matt Fratin is probably a slight upgrade over D'amigo. They made some slight improvements. Nothing huge, but given how incompetent that management group is, this has been a huge win for the Leafs. It could have been a lot worse.

Detroit Sports*

Well, we've officially struck out on all the options I like.

Let's shoot for this with vets+kids

L-L
L-R
L-R

PP

L-R
L-R

So let's just for it with this

Kronwall-Smith
Dekeyser-Marchenko
Ericsson-Sproul

PP
Kronwall-Sproul
Smith-Marchenko

Address the handedness issue, and play the kids.
You need a game changing goalie to pull this off. We don't have that. Unless Mrazek will be that...

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Honestly, outside of Ehrhoff signing a 1 yr deal in Pittsburgh (which is out of our control) and Stralman signing in TB, today has been a major success for us in my eyes.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
I don't see the desperation. The D is shaping up just fine. 55 is a leader and playoff stud. 52 will continue to grow into a top role. Smith is improving by leaps and bounds, and looks Rafalski/all-star calibur, and 65 is solid as you could ask for.

Oulette is NHL ready and will be a stabilizing force. You're looking for a #6, who could be a short term vet, a camp stand out or a reclamation. I would love to see Del Zotto get a look.

The biggest holes are a top line winger, where we have 4 guys knocking on the door, and the third line, where Hudler and Filpulla should've been penned in all along.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Today so far isn't really about us not getting anyone(OK for me), but that our division rivals have improved. Not that the off season is over.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
@brianlawton9
The @DetroitRedWings are still in on unfortunately another left handed D-man........not shut out just yet

What the **** does this mean? I swear if we re-sign Quincey..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad