GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Teams can start announcing official agreements with UFA's at 1200PM ET Today.

TV Coverage: (1100AM) TSN, Sportsnet, NHL Network and Sportsnet 360 will all have shows dedicated to breaking the signings as they happen.

The Leadup:
Last year there was 425 Million dollars in contracts handed out on July 1st alone.
This Years salary cap has been set at 69M.

Detroit Red Wings (Per Capgeek)
Under Contract- 11 forwards, 5 defenseman and 2 goalies under contract for cap hit of 54.79M
Cap Space Remaining - 14.7M
Unsigned RFA's - Dekeyser, Sheahan, Tatar.
UFA's Hitting Market: Alfredsson, Quincey, Legwand, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Cleary.
Rumored Interest: Top 4 defenseman and Scoring right winger.

Top Unrestricted Free Agents League Wide:

Centre - Paul Stastny, Brad Richards, Steve Ott, David Bolland, Derek Roy, Brian Boyle, Mike Ribiero, Mikhail Grabovski, Olli Jokinen, Mike Santorelli. Marcel Goc and Saku Koivu.

Wingers:
RW: Jarome Iginla, Brian Gionta, Ales Hemsky, Martin Havlat, Radim Vrbata, Nikolai Kulemin, Devin Setoguchi, Lee Stepniak, Steve Downie, PM Bouchard.
LW: Mike Cammaleri, Matt Moulson, Tomas Vanek, Danny Heatley, Milan Michalek, Jussi Jokinen, Daniel Winnik, Ray Whitney, Benoit Pouliot, Brendan Morrow, Dustin Penner, David Booth, Mason Raymond.

Defense:
Michael Del Zotto, Dan Boyle, Cristian Ehrhoff, Anton Volchenkov, Anton Stralman, Matt Niskanen, Brooks Orpik, Stephan Robidas, Tim Gleason, Sami Salo, Andrej Meszaros, Henrik Tallinder, Rostslav Klesla, Joni Pitkanen, Andre Benoit, Derek Morris, Tom Gilbert, Ed Jovonavski, Ryan Whitney, Derek Engellynd, Willie Mitchell, Mark Fraser, Nick Schultz, Matt Hunwick, Cory Sarich, Scott Hannan, Douglas Murray.

Goalies:
Ryan Miller, Emery, Nabokov, Brodeur, Hiller, Tim Thomas, Khabibulin, Dubnyk, Montoya.

TSN has a nice sortable tracker you can follow along with:
TSN UFA Sortable Tracker.

Last edited:

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
It's my favorite day of the year!

And now, my friendly mod warning: I know things might get stressful today, but flaming and trolling each other is not going to be tolerated at all.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
I am really curious to know how we got to be front-runners for Niskanen as the last thread implied. That seems to have come out of nowhere.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Huge free agent class. Especially lots of secondary scoring available, but important to keep in mind they're available just because they're secondary. Overpayments to follow.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Huge free agent class. Especially lots of secondary scoring available, but important to keep in mind they're available just because they're secondary. Overpayments to follow.

Yeah, I get the feeling we are about to see some stupid overpayments today.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Grabbo!

There are some interesting names in terms of secondary scoring out there. And some D that I wouldn't mind signing to one year deals.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Perfect world. Somehow get Boyle, Niskanen and Iginla

Don't think it's possible under the cap though even if we rid Kindl and Joker. Unless Iginla's deal is bonus heavy and can be pushed to next year.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
That's about what I expect.

Now that we are rumored to have interest I really expect to see Niskanen signing here.

Same. And If we don't sign him, oh well. I'm sure a decent d-man can be had on a 1 or 2 year deal as a stop gap.

If Kenny strikes out, does anyone think he panics and gives in to trade demands for Yandle or Meyers?

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Same. And If we don't sign him, oh well. I'm sure a decent d-man can be had on a 1 or 2 year deal as a stop gap.

If Kenny strikes out, does anyone think he panics and gives in to trade demands for Yandle or Meyers?

No, Holland doesn't panic. He dips into the scrap heap.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010

Nah. I don't see Myers being moved in any event. I just read on the trade board that if Myers is moved Buffalo would need $26 million to reach the cap floor. I just don't see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille