GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2014 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
I don't see why the Sabres trade Myers now unless we overpay, with the players they signed and the mix of youth they have, I think they're committed to building a decent team.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Well this is going to get ugly if Holland presses the panic button.

I'd rather not do anything now that we missed our targets.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised to see an overpayment for Myers now.

Depending on what said overpayment is, I would probably be okay with it.

I mean, there are pieces that I want to hold onto no matter what, but I also want Myers really badly.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie · 47s
As per @Real_ESPNLeBrun, Stralman deal is $22.5M over 5 years, not $20M.

CK17

May 13, 2007
Since when do we make trades?

Legwand was the first in like 5 years.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Mention of a left handed free agent defenseman Holland is still interested in??

Hmm, what hand is Del Zotto, he would be an anti Holland move... but very interesting, I have not given up on him yet. Supreme talent.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I don't see why the Sabres trade Myers now unless we overpay, with the players they signed and the mix of youth they have, I think they're committed to building a decent team.

Myers might want out. That's the main reason. Pretty sure he has a NMC, too, so they can't demand a king's ransom if that's the deal.

J-Swift

Jan 5, 2006
No Jovo pls
I'd like to believe that getting bought out by a team that is now notorious for taking on overpriced contracts would be a pretty big red flag. But after we signed Samuelsson two years ago, I prepare for the worst.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I wouldn't be surprised to see an overpayment for Myers now.

An overpayment today can look like a steal tomorrow. How much would it take to be an overpayment if the guy is here for 15 years and wins a couple of Norris trophies? Of course, the guy could bomb, too :naughty:

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
TSN analysts are now praising teams for staying out of the free agent pool.
Holland did it by accident, but still a different view on the contracts being handed out.

They always say this.

I actually think there have been plenty of fine deals handed out that will look even better in just 1-2 years: Vanek, Moulson, Stralman, Ehrhoff, Boyle, Havlat and Hemsky have all signed reasonable deals, and they're all proven players, perhaps save Stralman.

Its the Orpik, Bolland, and Pouliot deals that are stealing the show, however.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I'm glad we didn't give that contract to Stralman. Or even worse, Orpik.

Will be interesting to see where Niskanen ends up but I wouldn't pay him 7+ million either.

Not upset at all that Kenny hasn't landed any FAs yet. Will be interesting to see how things play out though, there better not be a panic Quincey signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad