GDT: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
He brought him up himself later mentioning that ironically he now as the same agent as Sanderson.
I’m guessing they’d like to sign him. But I’m not sure why Tarasenko would choose Ottawa over Carolina or Florida for example.
Besides the fact that Tarasenko might not choose Ottawa, it seems like the cap is problematic for this kind of move.

The Senators currently have $5m of cap space with 18 players according to CapFriendly. If they sign Pinto for a best case $1.5 m, they have 19 players with just $3.5 m of projected cap space.

So, Tarasenko would have to sign for $3.5 m (or less), and then we'd start the season with just 20 players.

If not the above, then something else would need to happen. It could be a Murray buy-out, but things would still be pretty tight. The other possibility is some other player would be getting moved out.

Reactions: bicboi64

Arogie

Jun 24, 2019
Besides the fact that Tarasenko might not choose Ottawa, it seems like the cap is problematic for this kind of move.

The Senators currently have $5m of cap space with 18 players according to CapFriendly. If they sign Pinto for a best case $1.5 m, they have 19 players with just $3.5 m of projected cap space.

So, Tarasenko would have to sign for $3.5 m (or less), and then we'd start the season with just 20 players.

If not the above, then something else would need to happen. It could be a Murray buy-out, but things would still be pretty tight. The other possibility is some other player would be getting moved out.
The 18 players do not include Norris, Forsberg & Pinto. We will have 21 players (12 forwards, 7 defense and 2 goalies) on the roster according to Capfriendly, just need 1 more forward really. If Tarasenko did sign, he would round it out to 13 forwards.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If it's true he can be acquired for free, I'd rather add Garland than Tarasenko or Tatar.
If Vancouver can get another team added to retain $900k, Garland at $4 million in our top 9 would be decent, plus we'd have enough wiggle room to sign some more depth that isn't league minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad