GDT: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Ao what exactly is the issue with Jeff Jackson? Dorion apparently wasn’t willing to let teams speak to Cat unless there’s a deal he likes and Cat expanded his list. Do they have a trade in place, but Cat/Jackson aren’t agreeing on an extension?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Ao what exactly is the issue with Jeff Jackson? Dorion apparently wasn’t willing to let teams speak to Cat unless there’s a deal he likes and Cat expanded his list. Do they have a trade in place, but Cat/Jackson aren’t agreeing on an extension?

I don't know if it is an issue.

He likely just told Dorion they are deadset on entering Free Agency in a year with a higher cap ceiling and the ability to choose where he wants to go. Dorion took an L on this trade.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I don't know if it is an issue.

He likely just told Dorion they are deadset on entering Free Agency in a year with a higher cap ceiling and the ability to choose where he wants to go. Dorion took an L on this trade.
So it’s really starting to sound like Dorion is selling a rental here. Great.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dorion's comments about the 2023 draft means DeBrincat likely doesn't get traded at the Draft.
This delay won't help Dorion fill in the roster.

Summer of Pierre Part Deux having a hard time to start off with.

Sweating buckets down in Nashville.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Dorion's comments about the 2023 draft means DeBrincat likely doesn't get traded at the Draft.
This delay won't help Dorion fill in the roster.

Summer of Pierre Part Deux having a hard time to start off with.

Sweating buckets down in Nashville.

Like I’ve said before we don’t need to trade him if the return is terrible . It doesn’t help us now or in the future

Qualify him, he can help us hopefully make the playoffs and maybe we can still sign him. And if not deal him at the deadline for a 1st and move on

Reactions: NB613

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Like I’ve said before we don’t need to trade him if the return is terrible . It doesn’t help us now or in the future

Qualify him, he can help us hopefully make the playoffs and maybe we can still sign him. And if not deal him at the deadline for a 1st and move on
We all know how that story ends though. Chances of him actually being dealt at the deadline are slim, unless the team is in the shitter, and from the sound of it, the idea he'll sign is even lower if not zero.

If that's the plan, we just have to accept it as a rental situation that'll walk in the summer. And that it'll be a storyline all year possibly being a distraction.

I always prefer to just move guys that don't want to be there and start trying to build the team you know will be there. Just sort of kicks the can in a way, even though him being here for one season does have some value.

Rem

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Sorry ladies and gents. Was in Toronto for some wrasslin’.

I don’t have a ton of news on the trade fronts. Team is trying to trade ADB before/during the draft, but beyond that could wait until teams strike out on Free Agency.

Couple of other things of note…

1- Andlauer is trying to get Alfredson hired before he officially takes over, so that he can start putting things in place.

2- I’ve been told PD is gone as soon as Andlauer has the keys.

3- DJ is being brought back because the players love him, and if the team brought in a new coach, they’d have new systems to learn on short notice etc. They want a fast start.

4- I told you all before. Oliver Bonk is going to be Sen. By hook or by crook. ;)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Sure that's always been an option. Not the preferred option.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
We all know how that story ends though. Chances of him actually being dealt at the deadline are slim, unless the team is in the shitter, and from the sound of it, the idea he'll sign is even lower if not zero.

If that's the plan, we just have to accept it as a rental situation that'll walk in the summer. And that it'll be a storyline all year possibly being a distraction.

I always prefer to just move guys that don't want to be there and start trying to build the team you know will be there. Just sort of kicks the can in a way, even though him being here for one season does have some value.
Senschirp said it best, at this rate we will get a better return at the TDL. If we trade him now he gets 40 goals and that's another reason we fail to get into the playoffs for what, 7 years. f*** it, keep him for a run and trade him as a rental because everyone is trying to f*** us over. I don't even care about a 1st anymore, if there is a decent return do it but if not, we're screwed if we trade him now. Man, I hope he pulls a rabbit out of somewhere because the vibe check is off.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Senschirp said it best, at this rate we will get a better return at the TDL. If we trade him now he gets 40 goals and that's another reason we fail to get into the playoffs for what, 7 years. f*** it, keep him for a run and trade him as a rental because everyone is trying to f*** us over. I don't even care about a 1st anymore, if there is a decent return do it but if not, we're screwed if we trade him now. Man, I hope he pulls a rabbit out of somewhere because the vibe check is off.
Sure, theoretically it makes some sense, I just don't see the team actually trading him in that scenario unless they're well out of the playoff picture.

Dorion is going in to a very important season for his future, almost certainly his last if they miss, so if they're even within striking distance, they'll just keep him and let him walk as a ufa.

Only way I see that trade actually happening is if the team is right down in the lottery shitter, which doesn't seem likely.

I also think it delays the one step forward two steps backward feeling this is giving the rebuild and possibly creates a storyline. Just cut the cord now imo.

What if he ends up scoring 40+, kills it proving to be very important, more than we thought? That could be even worse for the franchise.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The only one that f***ed the sens over was Dorion in this instance. He made the deal for him likely knowing he wouldnt extend.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Another player that is exactly what this team needs. I like him and Comtois.

Stutzle is 21 so is Sanderson thats why. We get it you like him but Karlsson is 33 years old. Dave Poulin agrees so does Mike Johnson. But what do they know right.

yea Stutzle is 21 and Sanderson 20, entering their primes, hungry for wins and success.

did you not see how beneficial Alfredsson and Spezza were to a young Karlsson, or Giroux last season? It will be the same with EK, real recognize real.

Stutzle, Karlsson, Sanderson (+Brady, Giroux, Norris, Bath, Chych) would make magic together and a lot of wins.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Risk goes up re injury though. We could end up with nothing. Can't discount the possibility.

If the return isn't ideal the up side is that the $ are freed up.. Maybe we get a player to improve the depth. Dorion can use the $ on adding depth and a goalie. Not ideal but Dorion put us here all by his petty smugass self.

I want to move on. Give me a tweener wing roster player and a prospect at this point.

Reactions: Cosmix and bert

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

I'd be down for a reunion. Cat replacement with a little more size.

Risk goes up re injury though. We could end up with nothing. Can't discount the possibility.

If the return isn't ideal the up side is that the $ are freed up.. Maybe we get a player to improve the depth. Dorion can use the $ on adding depth and a goalie. Not ideal but Dorion put us here all by his petty smugass self.

I want to move on. Give me a tweener wing roster player and a prospect at this point.
Another good point about injury.

Just seems like a bad idea all around. Dorion is just gonna have to take his lumps if the return sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad