GDT: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
I don't expect anything else to happen, just like last year when after all those moves there was still a glaring hole on D and Dorion just... didn't do anything to address it.

This is probably what we're going into the year with. Hope I'm wrong though.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I don't expect anything else to happen, just like last year when after all those moves there was still a glaring hole on D and Dorion just... didn't do anything to address it.

You mean when he acquired Jeff Chychrun, the most talented available defenceman in the NHL?

I guess you mean on opening night.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Hes 5'10 compared to Debrincat 5'7. If they can survive watching Debrincat for a year then they should be fine.

Damn, he’s listed at 5’10? Lmao

If Garland is 5’10 I guess I’m 6’5

1689093231674.jpeg

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I didn’t get that impression from his interview today. All I got was they’d spoken with agent.
He brought him up himself later mentioning that ironically he now as the same agent as Sanderson.
I’m guessing they’d like to sign him. But I’m not sure why Tarasenko would choose Ottawa over Carolina or Florida for example.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It's not clear, Hamonic was great last yr for them, he is big, he's tough, he blocks shots, he plays on the PK, he fights & he had 21 pts last yr. He does so much more than Brannstrom, we don't need Brannstrom, we do need more size on D & that's what Kleven brings size, toughness, hard hitting & good defensive play & won't get pushed around in his own end.
I like big tough physical D too; however, I also like quick fast D who can beat opponents to the puck, handle and skate with the puck, and make quick accurate passes to the Fs. I am not looking to move Brannstrom but I would trade him in a package if another team is willing to part with an asset we need.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
They inflate those numbers pretty often. Have a relative that played pro and I can tell you with absolute certainty he is not what they had him listed as lol
Usually the numbers are from the combine now, and don’t get updated later.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Yeah, the problem is Jeff was ridiculously over the hill.

He should've went after his son in the off season so we could start the year off with him instead of waiting until we were basically out.
In hindsight, we were better off paying up for Chychrun earlier and foregoing the DeBrincat deal. Any extra it would have cost would be cancelled out by what was lost in the DeBrincat saga.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
He brought him up himself later mentioning that ironically he now as the same agent as pinto.
I’m guessing they’d like to sign him. But I’m not sure why Tarasenko would choose Ottawa over Carolina or Florida for example.
Steve asked him the question, about Tarasenko, PD didn’t bring it up.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Systems matter to goalies too. Giving up prime chances is not good for a goalie.

That is not an agenda, that is fact. There have been coaches over the years who always seem to get good goaltending. It's not by chance.
I agree. Great goaltending is the result when you have all 6 players on the ice playing well without puck possession. Sound defensive play reduces Shots against and Goals against.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
NHL.com and HockeyDB have him as 5'10.
His listed height is much larger than his actual height, he himself says he’s 5’10 on the websites, that he had nothing to do with, but he could never tell you that he was 5’10 in person.

If he was 5’8 I’d be surprised, he was so small in Moncton I can’t imagine he grew 2-3+ inches since he was 19.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Tatar-Norris-Batherson
Kubalik-Pinto-Donskoi
Greig-Kastelic-Joseph/MacEwen/Sokolov

Donskoi can probably had for 1M, Tatar I'm guessing 3-3.5M on a 1 year, sign Pinto at around 2M.

I'd rather have Tarasenko but if we miss out adding those two would be a good consolation imo.

If Murray gets bought out I think it's doable even if we keep Joseph for this season.
I think Donskoi is done... He didnt play last season.

I dont think Tatar is going to be that expensive. He has been so bad in the playoffs it has really hurt his value. He's been a product of his linemates and situation his underlying numbers arent being driven by his performance.

Sundqvist is who I want them to sign. He can play wing and center is a big body, this team needs to get bigger.

Reactions: Cosmix and bicboi64

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Think you missed the point, poster was asking about Jeff not Jake.
I realize Jeff was an NHL defenceman, but that looks to have been a typo on their part based on the context, so I assumed that and carried on. They said this about Dorion's move to fill the D hole last year. Only way that sentence works replying to what they were replying to is if it was in reference to Jakob. Dorion never acquired Jeff.

You mean when he acquired Jeff Chychrun, the most talented available defenceman in the NHL?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
His listed height is much larger than his actual height, he himself says he’s 5’10 on the websites, that he had nothing to do with, but he could never tell you that he was 5’10 in person.

If he was 5’8 I’d be surprised, he was so small in Moncton I can’t imagine he grew 2-3+ inches since he was 19.

I remember mike Hoffman legit being one of the smallest people I ever saw. I’m 5’10. He was looking way at me. I was also shitfaced. Maybe it wasn’t even him

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I think Donskoi is done... He didnt play last season.

I dont think Tatar is going to be that expensive. He has been so bad in the playoffs it has really hurt his value. He's been a product of his linemates and situation his underlying numbers arent being driven by his performance.

Sundqvist is who I want them to sign. He can play wing and center is a big body, this team needs to get bigger.

Sundqvist + Tatar would be cool too

You can alternate Tatar and Kubalik in the top 6 depending who is hot and the other plays with Pinto and Sundqvist

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I don't want Tatar for the sole reason of that egregious dive he did against the Sens when he played for the Habs. It was 10/10

If anyone has a gif/video of it please post it because I can't find it.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I don't want Tatar for the sole reason of that egregious dive he did against the Sens when he played for the Habs. It was 10/10

If anyone has a gif/video of it please post it because I can't find it.

I just think he needs to be in the right environment to be successful and I don't think it's our environment.

The Devils are great at limiting shots against (5th best in the league) while generating offence (4th best shots for in the league).

Everyone looks like a two-way boss on that team.

Reactions: bert
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad