GDT: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I realize Jeff was an NHL defenceman, but that looks to have been a typo on their part based on the context, so I assumed that and carried on. They said this about Dorion's move to fill the D hole last year. Only way that sentence works replying to what they were replying to is if it was in reference to Jakob. Dorion never acquired Jeff.

You mean when he acquired Jeff Chychrun, the most talented available defenceman in the NHL?
I was referring to this

Yeah, the problem is Jeff was ridiculously over the hill.
He should've went after his son in the off season so we could start the year off with him

Since you seemed to miss the point / joke and responded talking about Jake and didn’t comment on Jeff is over the hill…..

Reactions: JD1

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was referring to this

He should've went after his son in the off season so we could start the year off with him

Since you seemed to miss the point / joke and responded talking about Jake and didn’t comment on Jeff is over the hill…..

Well, now it's pretty clear that I'm over the hill as a poster.

The names of the players' fathers come to mind more quickly than their active kids.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Well, now it's pretty clear that I'm over the hill as a poster.

The names of the players' fathers come to mind more quickly than their active kids.
Looking like your time here is up NyQuil 😂

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I mean…what are you trying to do when you speak to an FAs ex agent and their new agent?
Doing due diligence and inquiring, like a GM does,
That doesn’t mean because they are speaking, that PD basically said he’s signing Tarasenko, that’s a bold leap for every time a GM talks to an agent.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I was referring to this

Ya I know you were. I got the joke too, but was piggybacking off it as the response to the actual relevant subject about Chychrun that sparked them to that point. One identified he should have filled the D hole, the other said they did but acknowledged it was late in the season, the other replied with a joke.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Not sure we can get Tatar for less than $3.5 million and would need to have at least a year or two unless he thinks he can score a lot on a one year deal and make more bank next season when the cap goes up

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
That doesn’t mean because they are speaking, that PD basically said he’s signing Tarasenko, that’s a bold leap for every time a GM talks to an agent.

it means he is trying to sign Tarasenko, as the poster stated.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I mean if Tarasenko wanted to try to win another cup as fast as possible, then Carolina would be the way to go. I just don't see Florida replicating their playoff run again.

If Tarasenko just wants to go for money and term, then Ottawa might have a shot at actually signing him over teams like Carolina.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I mean if Tarasenko wanted to try to win another cup as fast as possible, then Carolina would be the way to go. I just don't see Florida replicating their playoff run again.

If Tarasenko just wants to go for money and term, then Ottawa might have a shot at actually signing him over teams like Carolina.

Nice avy

Must have felt great as a former Sens fan to see Stone lift the Cup

I know I loved to see it

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Go get Troy Terry.

T6ALTa.gif

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I said he will be trying to sign. He is currently trying to sign tarasenko. Or at least tried.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
They inflate those numbers pretty often. Have a relative that played pro and I can tell you with absolute certainty he is not what they had him listed as lol
Yeah Garland is 5’8 on his tippy toes maybe lol definitely not 5’10 that’s for sure

For reference, Marchessault is 5’8-5’9

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You know what? I don't like Spartacat, he's too big headed for my liking & his outfit smells. My kids love him though, so I have too, it's a love hate relationship really. I also think he is related to DeBrincat.
1689108974470.png

Reactions: Sun God Nika
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad