Rumor: Free Agency: Ahhhh, panic! (All rumors, complaining, line up potential, etc, here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Keep all rumors, complaining about rumors, thoughts about rumors, potential lines, potential player movement, etc, here.

All confirmed signings can be talked about in their own thread here:
giphy.gif

Geno thread will be left up and for Geno talk only. Because hes Geno and I said so :P

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
There are problems everywhere. I'm from a small conservative town and currently live out in the middle of nowhere and there are plenty of things going on out here people would "want to keep their family away from" too. Look hard enough... flip over enough rocks and you'll see ugliness. Turn off the cable news and stop doom scrolling.
But why actually visit these places when people on TV (who in fact usually live in those places) are there to tell you how scary they are?

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
some people like to live in big cities. some people don't. some people prefer a smaller scale city. calgary is a million miles from your family, philly or new york or new jersey may not be someone's speed, but maybe columbus is the right place for this point in your life and career. what's the problem? seems as valid as anything else to me while people sit here blindly speculating on a hockey player's motivations
And that's perfectly valid. But you're the one using speculation on those reasons as a vehicle to push your own grievances.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I would assume there are more protesters in places with more people. Not sure why this would be a big consideration on where to live unless this is actually coded language for something else
Just some reasons why professional athletes might choose to live/or not live in certain cities. Some of you act like athletes have not made any of these decisions yet.

No biggie.

Sorry shedding some light. Johnny Hockey choose Columbus b/c it has an awesome zoo

Fordy

May 28, 2008
And that's perfectly valid. But you're the one using speculation on those reasons as a vehicle to push your own grievances.
it's all speculation unless gaudreau has said anything which i certainly haven't read. i didn't bring it up i just think it's valid and people are reflexively dismissing it because they don't like it. we get screwed over all the time because players prefer other cities to pgh

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I think he would have looked really good in Jersey though

There are problems everywhere. I'm from a small conservative town and currently live out in the middle of nowhere and there are plenty of things going on out here people would "want to keep their family away from" too. Look hard enough... flip over enough rocks and you'll see ugliness. Turn off the cable news and stop doom scrolling.
Lol. I don't even get cable where I live. I moved out of Pittsburgh long ago. My issues are dodging animal turds on the road.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
But why actually visit these places when people on TV (who in fact usually live in those places) are there to tell you how scary they are?

I wish everyone would travel as far and wide as they were able and just... TALK to people. In person. Big cities... small towns... whatever. Our experiences across the board are all remarkably similar with few exceptions and we all essentially want the same things in life.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I wish everyone would travel as far and wide as they were able and just... TALK to people. In person. Big cities... small towns... whatever. Our experiences across the board are all remarkably similar with few exceptions and we all essentially want the same things in life.
Counterpoint - you have met people, right? And you still want to talk to them?

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Counterpoint - you have met people, right? And you still want to talk to them?

Well... it's true. My opinions on people are... complicated. But already established via those smarter than me -- a person is fine. Wonderful, even. Maybe even a handful of people. But when you start getting them in groups that's when you have problems.

Knives and Tulips

Aug 1, 2019
How did Florida manage to sign Balcers for 750k?

I'd take him over anyone in our bottom 6 (maybe not Blueger) without even considering salary.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Penguins fans just know that JR can't sit still for long and he seems to have a penchant for pursuing along the lines of familiarity first and foremost. But Penguins fans are also assuming that he's utterly full of shit about him taking a background role.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
Kiefer Sherwood just signed with the Predators. Really wanted the Pens to sign him for WBS. I'm all for playing the younger players but that forward group has Nylander and Caggiula right now.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Penguins fans just know that JR can't sit still for long and he seems to have a penchant for pursuing along the lines of familiarity first and foremost. But Penguins fans are also assuming that he's utterly full of shit about him taking a background role.

well, I mean given how their off-season has being going so far, I do tend to believe Alvin is in charge lol….knowing JR

DRAGO 18

Jan 17, 2006
Pittsburgh

JR did this with Phil Kessel, when Phil used his NTC to reject the Minnesota offer (the original Zucker deal), he said "oh we're perfectly happy to keep Phil, we don't have to trade him blah blah blah"...

He was gone like 3 weeks later. The old man will blink eventually with Miller his ADHD won't let him sit on it for too long.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I would assume there are more protesters in places with more people. Not sure why this would be a big consideration on where to live unless this is actually coded language for something else
Because with the state of everything going on. Roe vs Wade, economy, inflation, there comes a boiling point. I couldn't even get home the other day for over an hour b/c some girls decided to lay in the middle of the road over some stuff.

It was a minor inconvenience to me but who would want to deal with that on the daily was my point.

If that's not logical I don't know what to tell you.
I think you will see more and more athletes making decisions based on where they and their families want to live more than ever.

Sure I could be wrong and money talks but I guess we will see.

That's all I got to say on that sorry for the the trigger alarm.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Well we know Hextall likes to keep things close to his chest, but has JR been saying anything? That guy can't shut up so there must be some soundbite out there if he's working on a deal.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Guys I listened to some of Gaudreau's CBJ presser today (live here). He chose Columbus for his wife and young family which makes a ton of sense.

For his demographic it's quieter, you can get more land, it's way more affordable than NY/NJ. Still easy to get back home as well.

Why do you think the wisest NHL Stanley Cup winner JMFJ resides here? He's bringing the cup here in a week or so. I should go hang out with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad