Rumor: Free Agency: Ahhhh, panic! (All rumors, complaining, line up potential, etc, here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Keep all rumors, complaining about rumors, thoughts about rumors, potential lines, potential player movement, etc, here.

All confirmed signings can be talked about in their own thread here:
giphy.gif

Geno thread will be left up and for Geno talk only. Because hes Geno and I said so :P

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Zucker+Kap+Marino for Wheeler 50% retained

Blueger for Petry

Pettersson for 4th

Sign Milano ($2 million) and Larsson ($1 million)

Jake Sid Rust
Rakell Malkin Wheeler
DOC Carter Milano
Zohorna Larsson McGinn

Dumo Letang
Matheson Petry
POJ Rutta

Jarry
DeSmith

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Zucker+Kap+Marino for Wheeler 50% retained

Blueger for Petry

Pettersson for 4th

Sign Milano ($2 million) and Larsson ($1 million)

Jake Sid Rust
Rakell Malkin Wheeler
DOC Carter Milano
Zohorna Larsson McGinn

Dumo Letang
Matheson Petry
POJ Rutta

Jarry
DeSmith
You don’t want any part of Wheeler

Reactions: Pens x and Andy99

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Was there any salary mentioned for Larsson? If it’s true, I hope he is cheap, because while a reasonable defensive 4C, I really don’t get why he moves a needle? If near league minimum, OK.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I mean, at the end of the day too, 9.75 million per goes a LOT farther in Columbus than anywhere in the greater NYC metro area or New Jersey.
There's also the political aspect of it as well. There's a lot of people that might not like to live in New Jersey, New York with everything that is/has going on

Reactions: Fordy

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
There's also the political aspect of it as well. There's a lot of people that might not like to live in New Jersey, New York with everything that is/has going on
Yeah, I don't think a millionaire NJ born and raised kid gives a shit about local politics in New Jersey. He's probably mad that his favorite bialy place on Bloomfield Ave went out of business.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, I don't think a millionaire NJ born and raised kid gives a shit about local politics in New Jersey. He's probably mad that his favorite bialy place on Bloomfield Ave went out of business.
I don't know man. I know my counterparts in Philadelphia and cities similar. Couldn't even get into a restaurant without a vaccine card up until recently. Some places are just a mess. Some people would rather not deal with it. Bigger cities usually see more protest than smaller ones. If you have a family and you can stay away from it millionaire or not, why not.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I don't know man. I know my counterparts in Philadelphia and cities similar. Couldn't even get into a restaurant without a vaccine card up until recently. Some places are just a mess. Some people would rather not deal with it. Bigger cities usually see more protest than smaller ones. If you have a family and you can stay away from it millionaire or not, why not.
Sure.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Lol okay dude

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
And Johnny Hockey, like many, might also prefer the smell of cowshit and meth. :dunno: But I'm pretty sure he's not signing in Columbus to stick it to the liberals of New Jersey or something:dunno:

I mean, don't get me wrong, I want to live in a cottage in the Carpathian mountains, but that's mostly because I want to crank my amplifiers super loud and watch Holy Mountain on repeat for 3 days at a time.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
if i lived in philly instead of pgh the last few years i would 100% have moved out of it

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Lol okay dude
Do you have a family? It's a perfectly logical reason not to bring a family into that. Behind the scenes there are some cites both fire and police departments unions fighting right now as they are close to losing a big part of their force. This is facts.

It's a pretty good reason not to bring a family into the situation no matter what you believe.

Look no further than Pittsburgh right now. I know people that are fighting to keep their jobs in those positions

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
if i lived in philly instead of pgh the last few years i would 100% have moved out of it
Philly is a mess, not that it hasn't always been but talking to my counterparts you couldn't pay me to live there. I think it's perfectly logical for a professional athlete, millionaire or not to not want to their family exposed to that

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I would assume there are more protesters in places with more people. Not sure why this would be a big consideration on where to live unless this is actually coded language for something else

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
There are problems everywhere. I'm from a small conservative town and currently live out in the middle of nowhere and there are plenty of things going on out here people would "want to keep their family away from" too. Look hard enough... flip over enough rocks and you'll see ugliness. Turn off the cable news and stop doom scrolling.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
some people like to live in big cities. some people don't. some people prefer a smaller scale city. calgary is a million miles from your family, philly or new york or new jersey may not be someone's speed, but maybe columbus is the right place for this point in your life and career. what's the problem? seems as valid as anything else to me while people sit here blindly speculating on a hockey player's motivations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad