Post-Game Talk: Free Agency 2023 "OH NO FOMO season"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Livingstone was pretty awful last season in a small sample size. I'd give him big minutes in the AHL if it was up to me.
:huh: I thought he was pretty good, not awful. But either way, I do agree I'd rather give him big minutes in the AHL - if he can even earn that, we do have a lot of experienced D in Milwaukee also.

Friedmann reporting ROR to NSH
ROR, Schenn, and a winger (maybe it's Fischer), then our day is basically done early! I can go cut the grass (ugh).

Reactions: Enoch and Gh24

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Which part are you struggling with? I can post some videos of him getting walked, or his team worst (by far) advanced stats. He made some nice plays too, which I'm sure most people focused on with him being new and young. But he was understandably pretty rough coming straight from college and being thrown to the wolves.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I mean, I never thought it was going to be a rebuild. But the term on these deals for 32- and 34-year old players is what really surprises me.
Only way to get them to sign on day 1. I'm not excited about the players per se but I'm pleased that Trotz isn't just going full tank.

If he was going for the bottom he'd have waited and signed a couple of scrubs to 1 year deals

It may backfire and land us right back in the "mushy middle" but we will have to see

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Oh sh*t, that's crazy money and term for a guy who seemed to be kind of on the verge of being cooked last year! :oops:
I'm just looking at stats, but it seems like that was the case in St. Louis, but then he bounced back really well after being traded to Toronto:

Regular: 13GP 4G 7A 11PTS
Playoffs: 11GP 3G 6A 9PTS

That's a great bounce back, so maybe the majority of the season with the Blues was an anomaly that can be chalked up to lots of issues with the team, itself.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Re-activated my account just to voice how befuddled I am. None of this makes sense. I don't mind bringing in guys like that, but giving them term til they are 36 goes directly against the talk of the "three year window". Would much rather see Fischer, Geekie, Patrick, etc to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks while getting a better pick.

If it's a re-tool, the Duchene and Johansen moves are bizarre.

Reactions: LCPreds

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I mean, I never thought it was going to be a rebuild. But the term on these deals for 32- and 34-year old players is what really surprises me.
No kidding. I just spent several days theorizing that Trotz unloaded 32-year-old Duchene to make room for kids, and then he goes and spends that cap space on another 32-year-old and a 34-year-old. I guess that I was wrong, and the character of those two guys does support the idea that Duchene may've just not had the kind of veteran leadership that Trotz wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad