Post-Game Talk: Free Agency 2023 "OH NO FOMO season"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

It's that time if year, when GMs and fanbases get gripped with Fear Of Missing Out and do all kinds of stupid shit.

This thread is for the Preds and the whole league

Time to step up with your "What the hell, is Trotz even awake??" and your "Oh man so glad we didn't sign THAT guy"

.... along with the usual giddy celebrations and solemn proclamations of franchise ruin, sometimes from the same signing.

Have at it

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Sign Scott Mayfield on RD. Ideally something like 3x$4M, but maybe the market says he gets overpaid by an even more significant amount? Trotz liked him on PK on the Isles, he's 6'5"/225 and will take no shit in front of Saros. We goofed around trying to figure out if big guys like Myers or Foote or Tinordi or Harpur etc could play in the league. They couldn't. This guy can.

Sign two UFA forwards. This is where it gets dicey to me. I'm seeing that Trotz doesn't want long-term contracts on guys. That might price him out of the (very few) better options on the UFA market. (Bertuzzi, Tarasenko, Killorn... uh?... it's a crappy market anyway!) Maybe instead guys like Noel Acciari or Garnet Hathaway. These guys will try to go through a brick wall for their team. 31 years old each. 1yr x $1-2M ish is all it should take. That's the "culture" approach?
:dunno:

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I would like guys who have a hockey IQ higher than 10 and know how to pass. And no chasing unicorns!
I have a feeling the butterfly nets are in hand and the winged slippers on the feet. Might as well make a 'smores while they burn it to the ground looking for the unicorn...

• Haha
Reactions: hockey diva

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN

It's that time if year, when GMs and fanbases get gripped with Fear Of Missing Out and do all kinds of stupid shit.

This thread is for the Preds and the whole league

Time to step up with your "What the hell, is Trotz even awake??" and your "Oh man so glad we didn't sign THAT guy"

.... along with the usual giddy celebrations and solemn proclamations of franchise ruin, sometimes from the same signing.

Have at it

I'd say in the last 5 months, Trotz has proven he's awake. Many of us have been wanting a shake up for a while and it is HERE!

Reactions: PredsV82

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Predictions
We get a depth player like Compher with the intentions of him being 3rd line with 2nd line upside.
We get a 6/7 dman so none of the you dmen fill the pressbox.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I expect a signing at each position, C, W, D. All based on culture fit and short term, but probably getting paid more than we would all like.
Probably but they can pay them 10 million and I don't care as long as the term is short. The term not the AAV is the bigger thing for me.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
We'll soon see whether a rebuild situation can be sold as a "good job" to any veteran leaders on the market. Not impossible. Maybe have to overpay, over term, or wait for the music to stop once of three times and see who's left without a chair.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
O’Reilly would be an interesting one for sure. He’s got his Cup so maybe he just decides he wants the highest dollar amount for a year or two and then he’s potentially trade deadline bait to go chase another Cup. Would be kind of funny to trade out one of the “problems” on those Avs teams only to bring the other one in.

On a related note to the song choice I’m in Colorado seeing Dead and Co this weekend so definitely dig the song choice.

Reactions: Soundgarden

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Does Mike Commodore still do the "pack your shit" stuff or is he now out of the loop?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Christian Fischer is believed to have signed according to my source. Who knows tho. Preds have a lot of irons in the fire
When you first said Fischer yesterday my first thought was WTF has Carrie thrown Mike out of the house or something?

Then I looked him up. Do we really want someone the Yotes didn't want to qualify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad