dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
poFP7XW9j

November 1st, 2017
4-6-1 Season Record
October Recap
pol9POgIp

pmcjgRlLp

After one month the Golden Knights sit 26th in the league with 9 points and all 4 wins coming at home. It has been a rough start plagued with injuries for the Knights. Even with the return of some key players on defense, the Knights are still lacking up front. Leading scorer Bobby Ryan has been quiet in his last 2 outings with a minus-3 rating and 0 points. On a positive note Sami Vatanen has recorded points in every game except one since his return and sits with 5 points in 5 games.

Cody Eakin was injured versus the rangers last night. The duration of the injury has not been confirmed yet, so for now consider him day to day. However with a 3rd degree MCL sprain we can only assume he will miss some time.

The teams top 2 centers in Shipachyov and Plekanec have been held to 3 and 2 points each. Rumor has it that Shipachyov is being shopped around. Most recently as per Eklund, is that Shipachyov could be shipped to the Calgary Flames who currently sit 9th in the league. The details have not been leaked yet, but we assume high picks and prospects could be involved in the trade.

pnvPFY6zp

NHL PLAYERS OF THE MONTH
pogWOA38p

Other News

October 21st, 2017 - Joe Pavelski reaches 300 G
October 25th, 2017 - Paul Stastny reaches 600 PTS
October 26th, 2017 - Andrei Markov reaches 1000 GP
October 26th, 2017 - Rick Nash reaches 1000 GP
October 31st, 2017 - Adam Larsson injured 6 months with torn ulnar collateral ligament

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
poFP7XW9j

November 12th, 2017
6-9-1 Season Record
Trade Announcement

pmreXaUPp

Finally after almost two weeks of discussions, the Golden Knights have pulled the trigger on a blockbuster deal sending Vladim Shipachyov and defensman Kevin Connauton to Calgary for Sam Bennett and prospect Oliver Kylington. This move liberates Vegas of over 5 million in cap space allowing them to sign Hudler or Iginla if needed. Both teams benefit from this deal, in that Vegas replaces an aging center with a top young gun and still gets a defensive prospect in the process. While Calgary benefits by adding 2 NHL ready players to their mix, which adds depth to their team. Vegas had to part ways with top prospect Erik Brannstrom who is currently playing in the SHL until 2020 and a 3rd round pick in 2020.

pogWWMMlp

Both Shipachyov and Bennett are tied for points at 3 a piece. However Bennett has an excuse as he has been primarily playing on Calgary's 3rd line with minimal PP time, whereas Shipachyov has been playing first line minutes both at 5 on 5 and the powerplay.

We are excited to see how Bennett will pan out here in Vegas, where he will be given every opportunity to further advance his career as a number 1 center for the remainder of the season.

In other team news, Petr Mrazek suffered a cut on his face and his been sidelined for the last two games and is considered day to day. Cody Eakin has been re-assessed and is expected to miss approximately 2 months of action. While players such as Brandon Gaunce and Marion Gaborik have resumed skating and are expected back in the lineup soon.

pmsKoZl2p

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
poFP7XW9j

December 1st, 2016
6-17-1 Season Record
November Recap

The struggles continue for the Golden Knights, as they currently sit tied with the Oilers at the bottom of the standings with 13 points and 6 wins. Although GM Dustin re-assured the fans that he was going to build a competitive team right away, its safe to say now that Vegas will certainly finish in the bottom 5 this season and will be competing for the first overall pick in the 2018 NHL entry draft.

When asked about his thoughts on the matter, Dustin was relatively quiet. "On the bright side, we have a good chance at Dahlin." We hope for him and the Knights that this would in fact be the outcome of what is turning out to be a disastrous season.

Marian Gaborik returned to the lineup for 5 games, scoring only 1 goal while seeing time in the top 6. However fans will have to wait longer to see if the aging winger can still produce for the team, as he has been sidelined again for 3-4 weeks with an elbow sprain after colliding into his own net trying to break up a 2 on 1.

Brandon Gaunce also made a return to action, suiting up for 1 game, recording 1 assist before being sent down to the minors where he has accumulated 2 points in 4 games.

Sam Bennett has only 2 points in 8 games for the Knights while playing on the top line. We expect this to change once he starts feeling more comfortable with his new team. Bennett has the skill set to record a multi point night on any night and is a volatile player against the opposition, and still has room to grow.

poIqfZnLp

PLAYERS OF THE MONTH
pm1fINSvp

OTHER NEWS

November 14th, 2017 - Eric Staal Reaches 500 A
November 15h, 2017 - Antoine Vermette reaches 1000 GP
November 19th , 2017 - Mark Stone Injures thigh muscle, out 4 months
November 22nd, 2017 - Evgeni Dadonov upper body injury, out 5 months
November 28th , 2017 - Daniel Sedin reaches 1250 GP

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Love the updates!

Anyone have a list of what leagues are in the game?

I think we've covered almost every major league (although not all are playable). Playables include:

NHL, AHL, ECHL, WHL, OHL, QMJHL, LNAH, Erste Bank, Belarusian, Tipsport Extraliga, Metal Ligaen, Elite Ice, Liiga, Metis, Suomi-Sarja, Saxoprint, Deutsche, Asian League, GET, Polksa, KHL, VHL, Tipsport Liga, SHL, Allvenskan, National League (Swiss), Champions League, SPHL and FHL. (If I spelled any incorrectly, my apologies).

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
71ntwi.jpg

April 14th, 2019
23-52-7 // 53PTS Season Record
Abysmal Season, Vegas eyes Dahlin
20h0qgw.png

After finishing 2nd to last in the league this season, Vegas has their eyes on Dahlin. Only the Arizona coyotes finished with a worse record of 22-58-2 for 46 points on the season. They will be the ones giving Vegas a run for Dahlin. However Vegas has a plethora of picks and young talent available to move up in the draft, should they lose out on the lottery.

What was most shocking this season was that the GM Dustin traded only one of his aging players at the deadline. Many rumors had surfaced around players such as Gaborik, Plekanec and Gaunce being the youngest of the rumored players, however only Plekanec was moved. We understand Vegas already has several picks in this years draft, but a few more couldn't have hurt? The trade itself was:
C Tomas Plekanec to Toronto for C Dominic Moore + TOR 6th round pick in 2018

Another disappointment this season was the acquisition of Sam Bennett, many believed he was going to have an immediate impact on the team, but fell drastically short of making a difference with only 30 points. However Shipachyov himself only finished with 18 points on the season, 3 with Vegas and 15 more with Calgary. Still, the future is bright for Bennett and we expect him to be the top center in Vegas next season.

Bobby Ryan broke his thigh back on January 13th, and was held out for the remainder of the season. He still managed to lead the team in goals, and we can only assume he would have finished in the 25-30 goal range. With a contract like his, we only assume he is the candidate of trade bait and he could easily help out any team with cap space trying to add a pure goal scorer.

Here is a list of the top 16 scorers throughout the league:
11r3p0l.png

OTHER NEWS

February 22nd, 2018 - Buffalo TradesC Sam Reinhert to Nashville for G Pekka Rinne
February 23rd, 2018 - Nashville Trades C Nick Bonino to the New York Islanders for Johnny Boychuck + Stephen Gionta
February 26th, 2018 - Pittsburgh Trades LW Connor Sheary to Detroit for D Mike Green + Rights to David Pope
February 26th, 2018 - Washington Trades RW Andre Burakovsky + Rights to Sergei Kostenko to the New York Islanders for Cassey Cizakis + NYI 7th round pick in 2018

donut

Sep 5, 2012
I'm looking into getting an NHL sim game and was considering FHM4. My concern with FHM4 is that it doesn't seem as though past FHM games have roster updates throughout the season. Is that still the case? Might get EHM instead since people share downloadable custom rosters reflecting IRL moves. Thoughts? Comments?

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
FHM2 had roster updates. FHM3 did not. For FHM4? We're still debating it. That being said you can still maintain your own updates by creating your own Quickstarts, and people are doing that and sharing them as well on our official forums.

Reactions: donut

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Is there a way to increase the simulation speed? My computer is decent enough, but it takes like a full 30 seconds to simulate a day. Is that normal? Feels like an exceptionally long time.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Is there a way to increase the simulation speed? My computer is decent enough, but it takes like a full 30 seconds to simulate a day. Is that normal? Feels like an exceptionally long time.

Only real way is to play with less leagues. I usually play without facegen which seems to speed it up a little bit. But yeah it usually takes awhile to do long term sims with all the leagues in the game.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm looking into getting an NHL sim game and was considering FHM4. My concern with FHM4 is that it doesn't seem as though past FHM games have roster updates throughout the season. Is that still the case? Might get EHM instead since people share downloadable custom rosters reflecting IRL moves. Thoughts? Comments?

Yeah they usually don't. The game is tailored to start before the season begins so the rosters are often just the ones available at the start of the season to reflect that.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Only real way is to play with less leagues. I usually play without facegen which seems to speed it up a little bit. But yeah it usually takes awhile to do long term sims with all the leagues in the game.
Playing without Facegen has helped quite a bit. Thanks!

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Playing without Facegen has helped quite a bit. Thanks!

In our latest update, we actually redid a portion of the coding and we were seeing improvements of around 10 minutes per year in the sims. Basically the game works best if you leave all the leagues playable, but removing some can increase speeds as well. There's just a lot of calculations going on. It's always at the highest right near the end of June to July 1st when the database is the highest as well (with new players generating, multiple league drafts, players retiring, etc).

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
How much customizability is enabled in the game (either in the UI or through the game files)? As in, is it easy/doable to create players? To edit stats and game logs?

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
How much customizability is enabled in the game (either in the UI or through the game files)? As in, is it easy/doable to create players? To edit stats and game logs?

You can edit as much as you want in the game through Commissioner Mode. You can also create Quickstarts which allow you to save your changes and easily come back to it. Creating players is the same thing. You just need to go League > Edit and there's an option to create a player. It will generate them, but you can then edit the player to what particular skill set you want.

And what are you looking to do in Stats and Game Logs? Stats can be exported via CSV but it's not really that user friendly right now...something we'd like to change in the future.

CANUCKS

Aug 10, 2005
British Columbia
www.nhl.com
Hi guys,

Long time EHM player here... Since the early days, way back when it came out.

I bought this game, from what I'm reading looks good. Few questions, is there a website (similar to TBL for EHM) that offers graphics/logos for other leagues (such as AHL, ECHL etc.), player pictures, tactics, and so on?

Any tips when it comes to scouting?

Thanks

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Hi guys,

I bought this game, from what I'm reading looks good. Few questions, is there a website (similar to TBL for EHM) that offers graphics/logos for other leagues (such as AHL, ECHL etc.), player pictures, tactics, and so on?

Thanks
Steamworks has all the logos/jerseys you’ll need. Virtually every league

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Hi guys,

Thanks

Steamworks is a great place to grab a lot. Otherwise we have a Modding section on our Forums. When you start the game, along the bottom there's an option for the forum. There's also instructions and a video explaining how to put the mods in if you are unfamiliar with it as well. One modder in fact made an online jersey maker template for people to use to create their own as well.

As for Scouting, the best thing I think to do is let your AI handle it, then start experimenting with it yourself. Scouts will scout best in the region that they are in, so if you assign them elsewhere, they can be slow. You also need to decide if you want everyone scouted, or just the top players. It's also good to look at maybe putting players on a permanent league as well (example: have a couple guys scouting your opponents in case you want to make trades or important for Free Agency).

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
In case you missed it, we put out a big update a couple of days ago adding a new playable league (Czech Division II), as well as a Roster Update and a much requested feature allowing you to see what tactics would best fit your team.

And because it's Winter Sale time, you can grab FHM4 for 50% off ($19.99 USD) from the usual suspects.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I'm contemplating buying it while it's on sale - I have a question though - have they figured out the 23 man roster limit yet? A big part of the enjoyment for me is inviting prospects to camp and seeing how they have progressed - not so sure I'm interested in getting the game until the 23 man roster limit has been sorted out.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
I'm contemplating buying it while it's on sale - I have a question though - have they figured out the 23 man roster limit yet? A big part of the enjoyment for me is inviting prospects to camp and seeing how they have progressed - not so sure I'm interested in getting the game until the 23 man roster limit has been sorted out.

We actually had that working with the launch of FHM4. You can have an unlimited roster until the Regular Season starts.

Reactions: NYR1967

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
Can anybody help me when it comes to seeing your own teams players stats??

I can only seem to get the stats screen of the league and not an individual team

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Can anybody help me when it comes to seeing your own teams players stats??

I can only seem to get the stats screen of the league and not an individual team

Go to the history screen of your team and click on the year to see all the players who played for your team in any given years (including the current one) stats. Alternatively on the main roster screen there is a drop down menu on the right that allows you to view multiple types of stats (among other things) including penalties, advanced stats, a general summary and various others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad