Post-Game Talk: For the first time... 100 points! 3-2 Jets

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
About Maurice: Maybe the man deserves some credit ? To his credit he seems like he has learned to be flexible in his approach to the game. There hasn't really been a lineup decision that baffled me this year. It could just be the players are way better so the team is way better, effect of the coach is hard to quantify. Maybe Mo finally has a good team to work with. Dunno

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Seldom stats line full of zeros for Laine feels so good than it does this morning.

First I checked his TOI, and then I thought that everything is fine. :)

Kyle "Farmboy" Connor is now my official Spare-Laine too, joining to Ehlers who has hold that spot in my heart before. How many teams can boast with this magnitude of goals scoring from these young guys. Not many, I think (without checking). Not even in historical inspection.

GJG!

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
NHL allows old slow teams to compete through garbage officiating.
That was the worst reffing I’ve ever seen. In one play alone Wheeler was speared and Scheifele was punched in the head. How is that even possible? I just don’t understand. If I was a player or the coach I would have taken the fine tonight. Someone is going to get seriously injured.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
What do you all good people think?

Just for the Playoffs should we lose the Train Goal Horn for home goals and go to sonic booms instead?

We are the Winnipeg Jets no?

Reactions: Kgame

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I agree he has really stepped up his play and my observation of the puck sticking to him more probably has a lot to do with his improvement overall.

It's just when the kid dangles or protects a puck along the boards he's coming away with the puck no matter what when earlier in the season he just couldn't get a bounce either...
I agree - he's having better luck with the dangles. But is that because he's figuring out what he can and can't do? Is his stickhandling improving? I think that's part of it too.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
About Maurice: Maybe the man deserves some credit ? To his credit he seems like he has learned to be flexible in his approach to the game. There hasn't really been a lineup decision that baffled me this year. It could just be the players are way better so the team is way better, effect of the coach is hard to quantify. Maybe Mo finally has a good team to work with. Dunno

No Dunno...

You are absolutely right!

Cheers and thanks...

Go Jets Go

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
corsi_jim_team_staf (1).jpg

Sir Jim approves

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
That was the Jets' best adjCF game of the season at 76.58% - the 2nd best was a 4-0 win at 70.81% adjCF on December 17 against the Blues. Tonight's game was the 2nd best xGF% of the season at 78.29%, topped only by the 7-2 win over Florida on February 18 (with an astounding 82.01% xGF).

Here's the updated table:
WLOTPts%GFGADiff
adjCF% > 503385.77216296+66
xGF% > 503273.79814980+69
adjCF% < 5012115.5188395-12
xGF% < 5013127.51696111-15
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

After a mini-CF/xGF slump on the past road trip, the Jets have righted the ship over the last four games of this home stand. The 20-game average is still being dragged down by that slump but things are certainly looking up.
upload_2018-3-24_0-33-27.png

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Holy fried rice with veggies, we just have way too many people who can put the puck in the net. Connor is almost an afterthought on this team.

It’s not even fair. Way better than the early years when it was predominantly Kane, Ladd and Buff providing the offense.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I agree - he's having better luck with the dangles. But is that because he's figuring out what he can and can't do? Is his stickhandling improving? I think that's part of it too.

The stickhandling part is what i'm most interested in. he's using the same moves as earlier it's just these ones keep working or if he happens to hit a skate or stick the puck still gets back to him. I'd like to say he's just smater when he tries the dangles and its in the offensive zone so it looks better but then i think about his double toe drag to get out of the the defensive zone a couple games ago....

Whatever it is i'm on board...

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
This is truly a great day. For the first time ever a Winnipeg Jets team has hit the 100 point mark. It never happened in Jets 1.0 history and never in the Thrashers/Jets 2.0 history until now. It always seemed so elusive and it's almost surreal. I'm so proud of this group of players. Well done!

:jets

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

It was never hard to quantify when they were losing.
Giving credit where credit is due should be just as simple as hammering him when they are playing poorly.
He's done a ton to get this young team playing a solid, consistent game at both ends of the ice - that's on the coach.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Second game in a row that we dominated but still needed OT to get the win. Its great to watch the Jets controlling the game like that but would be easier on the nerves if they could build a little cushion. :laugh:

Hope Toby and Trouba get back soon. We need to be healthy for the PO's. If healthy, we can go toe to toe with anybody.

Edit: and how could I forget Kulikov.

Last edited:

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Maybe somebody mentioned this already, but it's pretty funny/sad that the Las Vegas Golden Knights got to 100 points in a season before the Jets/Thrashers franchise who had a 20 year head start.

Nov 24, 2006
Jets really dominated tonight. Wheeler and Scheifele stood out.

I think Laine looked better than I’ve ever seen him play and he didn’t even score. When this kid adds 20 pounds and a year or two of experience he’s going to be unstoppable.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad