Post-Game Talk: For the first time... 100 points! 3-2 Jets

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
While this was pretty much as good a game as you can get. Wheeler and Scheifele's shift in OT was once again too long at 1 min+. And they had a chance to go for a change but instead once they finally got a hold of the puck opted to go into the offensive zone, the ducks got the puck but they were lucky to get in a line change as the Ducks were also tired. 1 min+ shifts in OT is absolutely insane.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Good call by the coach. He may be finally figuring out 3 on 3 OT.

OR, given that any changes to our 3v3 OT decisions have impact measurable in tenths of a point in expected value, our luck may just be evening out. After all, "the usual suspects" all got a shift before Connor scored the winner.

Also as pointed out above, the thing being cited as "the cause of all our woes" happened again (1+ minute long shifts by Wheeler et al.). Just as they've happened every game since "The Narrative" started. Yet we're now 4-2 in OT since then.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I've seen enough Perrault and Little. To feel bad when we lose someone young like Connor for them.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Laine kinda off tonight. On the 3 on 3 he tried to force something which almost led to a bad result.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
OR, given that any changes to our 3v3 OT decisions have impact measurable in tenths of a point in expected value, our luck may just be evening out. After all, "the usual suspects" all got a shift before Connor scored the winner.

Also as pointed out above, the thing being cited as "the cause of all our woes" happened again (1+ minute long shifts by Wheeler et al.). Just as they've happened every game since "The Narrative" started. Yet we're now 4-2 in OT since then.

Fans also forget at least 2 of our OT losses came on the PK.

It's just one of those things that those who disagree with PoMo have a chance to voice their displeasure.

If anyone wants to bother listening to Andrew Copps mic'd up from the king's game they will hear some serious coaching going on from the bench..... (Edit, during 3vs3)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Laine kinda off tonight. On the 3 on 3 he tried to force something which almost led to a bad result.
Are you purposefully searching for bad things in a dominant performance? :scared:

Even slightly injured, I thought he played a pretty damned good game, and there were 5-6 really good moments that overshadow this single data point.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Are you purposefully searching for bad things in a dominant performance? :scared:

Even slightly injured, I thought he played a pretty damned good game, and there were 5-6 really good moments that overshadow this single data point.

I thought he was excellent all night! Confident in the ozone and that back check in the third..... Oh my

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada

Point well taken.
Player usage in OT does seem to be changing to a small degree.

Reactions: sipowicz

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

He easily could have had a bunch of points tonight.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Laine was a force. Connor is a natural goal scorer. Even Fefe somehow managed to score a goal. And then there is Ehlers. And a good O from the D. Jets don't need to worry about scoring goals. The rest are working hard and that's all you can ask.

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
The ducks were missing some key guys tonight. They will be a lot tougher if we face them again. The Jets are a better team now though..

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
This team shows how special they are some nights.

This was one of them. Every single player was doing their job right down to Tanev, Chariot and Morrow.

O'Connor/Chef/Wheels just dummied the Ducks all night. They looked like the Sedins had a third brother and were cycling just for fun.

Fly/Nuts/Laine are so dangerous at all times. The 2 youngsters look in a class of their own and Nuts appears to be the perfect vet center for them.

MP/Copp/Little looked like the leagues best 3rd line.

Tanev/Lowsy/Armia looked like the leagues best 3rd line too...

I didn't pay as much attention to our D but none of them gave me a mini aneurysm which is rare.

We have 4 number 1 or 2 lines. Amazing.

Reactions: Robinson2187

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
The ducks were missing some key guys tonight. They will be a lot tougher if we face them again. The Jets are a better team now though..
The Jets are better. It would be great to play them in the first round, cause were better and there fans are bitter!

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Just curious if anyone else feels like Laine isn't really doing anything different but the puck is just sticking to him and he's a half a step faster.

I don't know what it is (I'm guessing a combo of Stastny and both Fly and Laine turning it up just a notch) but this lines play was spectacular tonight. Laine is not going to not score on 5 shots like that in a game very often.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Just curious if anyone else feels like Laine isn't really doing anything different but the puck is just sticking to him and he's a half a step faster.

I don't know what it is (I'm guessing a combo of Stastny and both Fly and Laine turning it up just a notch) but this lines play was spectacular tonight. Laine is not going to not score on 5 shots like that in a game very often.

Laine is being more assertive and moving his feet constantly. The only difference is that he is no longer content to to let others do the work for him as much as earlier in the year. He has learned that lesson at 19 and the sky really is the limit with the kid he pretty much has it all.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Laine is being more assertive and moving his feet constantly. The only difference is that he is no longer content to to let others do the work for him as much as earlier in the year. He has learned that lesson at 19 and the sky really is the limit with the kid he pretty much has it all.

I agree he has really stepped up his play and my observation of the puck sticking to him more probably has a lot to do with his improvement overall.

It's just when the kid dangles or protects a puck along the boards he's coming away with the puck no matter what when earlier in the season he just couldn't get a bounce either...

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
This is pretty funny:

gameShots-2018-03-23-2017021149-ANAatWPG.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad