Confirmed with Link: Foligno extension - 4 x $4m

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
I could live with the Zuc signing. Told my son after that “just watch, it’ll be Foligno next “ in an unhappy voice. He’s a Rangers fan and couldn’t wait to tell me the news, laughing of course…..

My first thought was they just cleared out a room of good old boys. Setting themselves up for the same thing. Fricken no move clauses. I hate them.

Every team needs a bottom six guy at 4 million. That’ll look nice in a year or so…..
I like the guy, but man that’s a bad signing

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladde and 57special

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Too much term, too much money and more trade/move protection. Reinvesting in players we’ve done nothing but lose early is quite the strategy.

I’ve always been a Guerin hater so I appreciate the extra ammo come spring when we are in the lottery
You need to change your username to "Jesus comma Guerin" for a week. That's how bad this is.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
How the f does Johansson get 2x2 and Foligno gets 4x4. How does Foligno get almost the same cap hit as Zucc??

Just watch, he’s gonna give Hartman like $6M AAV.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
How the f does Johansson get 2x2 and Foligno gets 4x4. How does Foligno get almost the same cap hit as Zucc??

This is how …..

1696043120810.jpeg

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’m going to guess 5 x $5.6

I still think it would be too crazy if he got more than Eriksson Ek. I think 5.1 is the line in the sand. If they can't agree on a term at that AAV (or lower), I think he gets traded. Still got my fingers crosses for mid to upper 4's though.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I don´t get this at all. He must have been shitfaced during negotiations How in the hell can you sign a guy like this for that kind of money? Beats me

Reactions: Digitalbooya

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I don´t get this at all. He must have been shitfaced during negotiations How in the hell can you sign a guy like this for that kind of money? Beats me
Darby handed down the famous polaroids? :sarcasm:;)

We’re gonna have the most expensive bottom 6 (at least that’s where they belong) in the history of the sports world.
It's a Cup winning ingredient! Again, my apologies to Rossi.

We'll never be able to afford a 1C.

• Haha
Reactions: Sweetnut

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Definitely not going to be a good division, but I just don’t see how we improved. Or really how we’ve improved over the last 4 seasons. Perennial mediocrity propped up by one insane regular season of everyone doubling their career shooting percentages.

Bedard is the most exciting thing in this division unfortunately. Everyone’s getting better or has something excited to see. We’re resigning role players to overpayments, with too much term and trade protections
We haven't improved. We've held serve. But everyone else in the central besides Dallas and Arizona got worse. But AZ couldn't get much worse.

Bedard as an 18 year old rookie may put up a 100 points, but with that d and goal they're gonna get stomped

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
What skills do he have that only he brings, that no one else can do for lesser money? Don´t give me the ol´ "good lockerroom guy" crap again, what does that even mean? Some strategically placed slaps on teammates asses before hitting the ice? Extra good, inspiring speeches during intermission? Does he call you when you´re all sad and lonely?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I think what's most aggravating to me, is it's probably not outside the realm he'd get next offseason.

I just didn't want to be the team to make the mistake

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'll say this though....BG has brought the board together. I don't recall the last time so many here were in agreement on something. Thanks Billy and Moose.

damnit. Now I'm going to have to change my vote, just to be contrarian.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Looks like Foligno got some 800k above his market value. But when you know how much they love him, it's not that bad. I'd go three years though.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Can we get rid of Guerin? We could have had Zito or Fitzgerald but noooo we had to go with Guerin. He is definitely like Rutherford.

This team is a disaster and anyone could see this coming from a mile away.

• Haha
Reactions: P10p

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad