Confirmed with Link: Foligno extension - 4 x $4m

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Anyone still think Guerin has the chops to build a Cup winner?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
One person probably does.

I think when you and I were talking the other day about Kaprizov getting 15M AAV, that might have been lowballing it.

At least Kaprizov is a superstar player, but I'm thinking the 29 year old will take 3-4 years at 18M (or whatever the max AAV will be at the time).

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Anyone still think Guerin has the chops to build a Cup winner?
I mentioned this in the other forum that I still feel BG has done more good than harm in his overall tenure. And huge hopes in the incoming prospects. But this is definitely falls in the LOSS column - it does seem the player/agent got everything they wanted (AAV, term, NMC) and team didn't push for anything back. Seems like lazy negotiating.

Reactions: Sad People

lordtrillson

May 24, 2020
So this probably means we’re not going to be aggressive in free agency or a trade when this dead money comes off the books right?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I mentioned this in the other forum that I still feel BG has done more good than harm in his overall tenure. And huge hopes in the incoming prospects. But this is definitely falls in the LOSS column - it does seem the player/agent got everything they wanted (AAV, term, NMC) and team didn't push for anything back. Seems like lazy negotiating.

Can we step back and really think about what he's done in his time here? The team has gone from a perennial first round playoff out to a...perennial first round playoff out. We have a bunch of dead cap because of a decision he made, and when that finally comes off the books we'll have...a bunch of dead cap tied up in overpayments like this.

Props to him, we have a solid, but not great, prospect pool, featuring little to no true star power because we consistently draft in the middle of the first round every year, and he hasn't traded away any high picks, though he hasn't actually prioritized acquiring any either.

What has he done that has set us up for a better future than the past we've had the last 10-12 years under Fletcher? And how much of your optimism comes solely off the hope that Kaprizov actually extends here when his current contract is over?

Reactions: Jesus comma Brodin

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Can we step back and really think about what he's done in his time here? The team has gone from a perennial first round playoff out to a...perennial first round playoff out. We have a bunch of dead cap because of a decision he made, and when that finally comes off the books we'll have...a bunch of dead cap tied up in overpayments like this.

Props to him, we have a solid, but not great, prospect pool, featuring little to no true star power because we consistently draft in the middle of the first round every year, and he hasn't traded away any high picks, though he hasn't actually prioritized acquiring any either.

What has he done that has set us up for a better future than the past we've had the last 10-12 years under Fletcher? And how much of your optimism comes solely off the hope that Kaprizov actually extends here when his current contract is over?

Middleton, MarJo, Merrill, MAF, Gus, Freddy G., Goli, Maroon, Addison, pickem of random depth rentals, and a bunch of dead cap.

Maybe add Rossi and Faber to that group this year.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Honestly asking - despite the term/cost, why is it necessary to lock these guys up now? If things go south, they won't be able to flip them. If Foligno has another year like last year, either trade him or sign him for much less. I guess I don't understand the urgency unless it is someone like Kaprizov, your first pairing D, starting goalie, etc.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Honestly asking - despite the term/cost, why is it necessary to lock these guys up now? If things go south, they won't be able to flip them. If Foligno has another year like last year, either trade him or sign him for much less. I guess I don't understand the urgency unless it is someone like Kaprizov, your first pairing D, starting goalie, etc.
The bobbleheads are probably cheaper if you put the order in a few years out, but you've gotta have a contract first. What're you gonna do with 18,000 Foligno bobbleheads when he's playing in Anaheim or whatever? Lot of variables in play.

• Haha
Reactions: Jbcraig1883

Wabit

May 23, 2016

My guess is GMBG is getting it done now, because (almost) everyone he wants to re-sign ends up leaving and signing for same/less money elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad