Confirmed with Link: Foligno extension - 4 x $4m

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Last time a Minnesota NHL franchise sucked in the established market, we lost the team.
I don’t believe that’s a possibility anymore , they can’t even get the coyotes moved despite them losing piles of cash and playing in a beer league arena

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don’t believe that’s a possibility anymore , they can’t even get the coyotes moved despite them losing piles of cash and playing in a beer league arena
You say that, until it happens.

We're not an "expansion of the market" location that the NHL wants so much. NHL gets ratings here whether a team is here or not.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You say that, until it happens.

We're not an "expansion of the market" location that the NHL wants so much. NHL gets ratings here whether a team is here or not.

Plenty of teams bottom every year, if Minnesota can't handle it for a few years, maybe we really shouldn't have a team

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Plenty of teams bottom every year, if Minnesota can't handle it for a few years, maybe we really shouldn't have a team
I'm just saying, if we bottomed out like Chicago attendance wise, we have seen what happens here

Can't compare Chicago fans not attending thus "showing with their wallet" to Minnesota

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I'm just saying, if we bottomed out like Chicago attendance wise, we have seen what happens here

Can't compare Chicago fans not attending thus "showing with their wallet" to Minnesota
The north stars made a conference finals right before they were moved. That was about greedy owners not the league. It wouldn’t happen again. Not with the current league wide saturation if teams.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The north stars made a conference finals right before they were moved. That was about greedy owners not the league. It wouldn’t happen again. Not with the current league wide saturation if teams.
Made the conference finals 2 years before they moved, then half the assets were given to San Jose

The team sucked, the fans showed their opinion with their wallet like you asked, the team moved.

I'm just saying be careful what you wish for.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Chicago's average attendance was $17k last year. They didn't bottom out attendance-wise, unless we're talking about the early 2000's. Even then, the use of the phrase is questionable.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Chicago's average attendance was $17k last year. They didn't bottom out attendance-wise, unless we're talking about the early 2000's. Even then, the use of the phrase is questionable.
In early 2000's they struggled around 10k fans. I believe that's the same for the stars in 92-93 when they decided to move "due to lack of fan support"

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Made the conference finals 2 years before they moved, then half the assets were given to San Jose
I was 11 that year they made the Stanley cup finals , had tickets for game 6 of the conference finals. I made this massive sign in art class but they won in 5. I was heartbroken lol

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
They had an average attendance of like 7k during the pre Kane toews bottoming

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I was 11 that year they made the Stanley cup finals , had tickets for game 6 of the conference finals. I made this massive sign in art class but they won in 5. I was heartbroken lol
I was 14 in '91, I was 16 in '93 when they left...I was devastated....

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's a matter of degrees. If 5k people showed up, yeah, there'd be relocation talk and rightfully so.

If the attendance went from the 18k+ it is now to ~15k, which Leipold would still feel, there would be zero relocation worries.

They had an average attendance of like 7k during the pre Kane toews bottoming
Not according to Hockey DB, for what that's worth.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It's a matter of degrees. If 5k people showed up, yeah, there'd be relocation talk and rightfully so.

If the attendance went from the 18k+ it is now to ~15k, which Leipold would still feel, there would be zero relocation worries.

I think it would take a long time of being very bad to get below 10-12k. Even getting down to 10-12 would take a while. It wouldn't be a linear decline.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I was 14 in '91, I was 16 in '93 when they left...I was devastated....
Yup I was devastated as well. Some of my most fond memories were scanning satellites on the giant dish looking for the north stars games. I remember my uncle who was an original season ticket holder for the tb lightning conning the broadcast team down there into putting him on tv during a commercial break with this huge north stars sign and us actually having caught it on whatever the local satellite feed was …like sun sports or some shit lol. Those were the days

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Not according to Hockey DB, for what that's worth.

I guess I've just learned not to take it for granted. It was a very emotional loss

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
With limited options to move him, we'll probably have to buy him out. We're gonna finally get free from Parise and Suter's chains, and we'll have other contracts screwing us.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
With limited options to move him, we'll probably have to buy him out. We're gonna finally get free from Parise and Suter's chains, and we'll have other contracts screwing us.

Buying him out in June of 2025 (two years into it) wouldn't be good, especially since the contract was so unnecessary to begin with, but it would be

2026-27: 1,583,333
2027-28: 2,083,333
2028-29: 1,083,333
2029-30: 1,083,333

Unless there's some rule I don't know that affects it. Which, after the Suter and Parise buyouts seems like a walk in the park, at least.

Realistically Guerin will not buy this guy out though. We'll just have a 4 million dollar 4th liner.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Realistically Guerin will not buy this guy out though. We'll just have a 4 million dollar 4th liner.
Which, if we can find top 9 players out of Rossi/Yurov/Khusnutdinov/Ohgren next year and then Stramel/Heidt/Haight a year or two later, isn’t the end of the world because they will offset the cost.

Next year:

Kap-Ek-Zucc
Johansson-Rossi-Boldy
Ohgren-Khusnutdinov-Yurov
Foligno-Gaudreau-Hartman($5M)

Middleton-Spurgeon
Brodin-Faber
Lambos-Spacek
Merrill

Gus
Wall

That’s roughly $81.5M with 21/23 roster spots filled.

Only two prospects playing major roles (top 6/top 4) are Rossi and Faber. I think most hope they establish themselves this year as here to stay.

And yes, Guerin will have officially spent more on his 4th line ($11.1M) than his 2nd line ($9.863) and more on Foligno alone ($4M) than his entire 3rd line ~ $2.75M.

I’m dreading what Hartman is going to get…

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Which, if we can find top 9 players out of Rossi/Yurov/Khusnutdinov/Ohgren next year and then Stramel/Heidt/Haight a year or two later, isn’t the end of the world because they will offset the cost.

Next year:

Kap-Ek-Zucc
Johansson-Rossi-Boldy
Ohgren-Khusnutdinov-Yurov
Foligno-Gaudreau-Hartman($5M)

Middleton-Spurgeon
Brodin-Faber
Lambos-Spacek
Merrill

Gus
Wall

That’s roughly $81.5M with 21/23 roster spots filled.

Only two prospects playing major roles (top 6/top 4) are Rossi and Faber. I think most hope they establish themselves this year as here to stay.

And yes, Guerin will have officially spent more on his 4th line ($11.1M) than his 2nd line ($9.863) and more on Foligno alone ($4M) than his entire 3rd line ~ $2.75M.

I’m dreading what Hartman is going to get…
We don't seem like an organization that would put that 3rd line together. And even if we do, it’s definitely not the 3rd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad