Post-Game Talk: Flyers 4 Oilers 2

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
If people don't think the reffing influenced this game then they weren't paying attention, we got 3 penalties for clean hits this game, so we stopped hitting, how is that not supposed to throw a team off. Total bullsh!t!

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
All in for Dahlin!

Go Go Go!

Just play LB the rest of the season, and one of Dahlin or Boqvist will be ours! (Not blaming LB for this loss, but he's not one of the better NHL goalies; it's just the reality.)

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Auvitu should be on the PP... it's so obvious it's not even funny. They play him 10 minutes in a game... he's all rested and one of the most offensively oriented dmen on the team... yet they don't utilize him in the most obvious area.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Crap on Brossoit all you want, he's been meh.

But.

With a home PK of 58% and a powerplay that has now gone 7 games without producing, this team is going absolutely nowhere.

Like I said, Chia is acting like the demon hybrid of Tambo and MacT right now, exemplifying the worst qualities of each.

The paralyzing inability to make moves and waiver wire pick ups of Tambo combined with the arrogance and “visually better” hubris of MacT.

Reactions: Dashh

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Can people stop talking about playoffs now?
This is now at least 7 out of 10 poor performances since the Vegas win to my recollection. The 2 Blues disasters, the Dallas debacle, The Buffalo barffest, that pathetic performance against Arizona and whatever the hell that was tonight. The Boston and Calgary games were the best efforts although they laid down in the 3rd against Calgary, Toronto was a good half game effort and the Detroit game was more a case of Detroit not showing up than the Oilers dictating pace. To sum up, this is a poor team with many issues that go beyond injuries, poor goaltending, poor winger depth or whatever.

What an extra punch in the gut that they decided to play once they went down by 2 goals. Seriously, **** off with that ****.
I'm sure we'll hear Mclellan ramble on about how the players are a tight knit group and there's a lot of character in that room. Seriously, **** off with that **** too.
Basically you stole my post. Stop reading my mind...;)

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
crappy effort
crappy Special teams
crappy goaltending

your 2017-18 Edmonton Oilers folks

Crappy effort; crappy coaching; crappy GMing during the summer and the past few days when he should've picked up Johnson from Buffalo or someone similar. This season is toast.

Again, I'm not blaming LB for this loss, but he's also not going to steal you games, and with how this team is playing we need that. Not sure Johnson or any other backup who might be available are the answer, but they're probably an upgrade and at least that's something, and it's also worth a 3rd rounder to try to do something to salvage the season if it's not already too late.

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
Auvitu should be on the PP... it's so obvious it's not even funny. They play him 10 minutes in a game... he's all rested and one of the most offensively oriented dmen on the team... yet they don't utilize him in the most obvious area.

I would take this a step further and suggest that's the only reason he should be in the lineup.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Why pick up Davidson and the other dude if you don't put them in. I can see wanting to go in with the sane lineup as Calgary but Davidson for Gryba is a no brainer

It' klke tTdd tthrowing out the fourth line at the end VS Toronto.

Be happy you got some production out of them and sit on it. Don' go all in. Same as Gryba last game against Calgary. He's still a net negative

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Oilers took 52mins of play against the worst team you will ever face in the NHL, on home ice, and people are blaming goaltending?

We scored one goal in 54mins against a team that has trouble defending.

Basically any semblance of a system beats us.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Explain to me how it is possible we have the least PP opportunities in the league, we could have probably scored, even with our brutal pass the puck around forever powerplay, if we had 4 chances tonight. Every single call against us was weak tonight and the Flyers were running interference and slashing the whole game. I agree it wasn't the Oilers best game but it certainly wasn't fairly officiated.

Good heavens I saw a different game entirely. There could have been a few more calls against the Oilers tonight that were let go. They play a lazy game and have too many slow-footed plugs out there to keep up with reasonably quick teams. There is no conspiracy against the Oilers - they just are really bad right now. They were outplayed by a pretty bad Flyers team tonight and it shouldn't have been as close as it was.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Sportsnet guy was right...we've lost three in a row. Cut the umbilical cord, Brossoit is a sieve. If he clears waivers, so be it.

Tomorrow morning: Slepyshev, picks and stuff for Johnson and Girgensons. Address the bloody goaltending, address the bloody penalty kill. Nobody's learning anything right now.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
The Oilers took 52mins of play against the worst team you will ever face in the NHL, on home ice, and people are blaming goaltending?

Yeah we are blaming goaltending because you can't let a shit goal in every f***ing game.

Seriously brossoit f*** off you don't belong here.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
So much going on didnt even realize that Brian f***ing Elliot beat us without even being tested. Ouch

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County

The Flyers put Andrew McDonald out there for well over 20 minutes a night. Sure he plays with Provorov who is very steady but - he's still Andrew McDonald.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
losing faith in todd, Saying how we looked good in practice is a bad excuse. Needs to talk to woodcroft or fire him

ekcut

The Refs shot JFK.
Jul 25, 2007
Edmonton
Lol....I am 4 games in since cancelling the NHL package. $25 bucks extra in my pocket so far, and 12 hour more of time to do things that don't make me extremely effin angry. Best choice I ever made.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I wish I could blame the typo on drunken foolishness.

I wish Laurent Broissot was just a Pilsner induced bad dream.

I wish I didn't have to quit all that stuff (among others), so I could imbibe and numb myself from this horrid nightmare when it looked like the dark years were over.

f***! -- I think that one word sums up my feelings about this season. Though I could think of others to add, I'd rather be concise in this instance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad