Post-Game Talk: Flyers 2 - Jets 0

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Appleton has 5 points in his last 23 games.

Iafallo has 4 in his last 23 games.

In a perfect world neither of them are in the top 7-8 for 5v5 minutes, period :laugh:.

Add a 2C, bump Names down to the Lowry line, Apples and Iafallo can battle on the 4th line.

Reactions: DRW204 and surixon

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I can't watch the game and participate in the GDT at the same time. Don't know how you guys can do that. I watch it a little late after PVR'ing it.

I was very focused on Apples too. I'm not saying he had a great, or even good game. Mostly he was simply a non-factor. But did you see the 3 good plays I listed? They were not super impressive, super star level plays. Just twice managing to clear the puck on the PK, which is exactly what he is supposed to be trying to do, and the very nice little defensive play tying up the stick of the Flyer who represented the most danger. Again, exactly what you want a backchecking F to do. Then there was the 1 scoring chance that he was not able to convert.

But other than those plays, I saw nothing that stood out, either positively or negatively. I didn't see any bad passes or turnovers because I didn't see him with the puck much.

Not very productive minutes but nothing to justify the level of criticism he is getting here either. Could some other player do more in his spot? Sure, but not any player we have ATM. Maybe, if we were fully healthy he would get bumped down a line. If we pick up a F at the TD he gets bumped further. Maybe.
My point is I'd rather have him on the 4th line once we get healthy. Lowry and Nino are dragging him along IMHO. I think that iafallo is the guy who should be on that line.

Additionally, if I had to choose between Appleton and Kupari on the 4th, I'm picking Kups all day for 2 reasons:

Kupari IMHO is younger and has more upside. He's also physical and doesn't fall down 30x a game.

Also, though he hasn't put it together yet, you can see Kupari has an offensive talent to his game that's worth exploring.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
completely wrong appleton is on pace to have a 40 plus point season making just over 2 mill compared to iafallos 4 mill and 34 point pace and iafallo has played heavy powerplay minutes where as appleton has virtually none also why mess with one of the most consistently good lines we have another note that people seem to forget about is handedness u think a 3rd lefty would be better then keeping a right handed shot on this line iafallo has also seen 5 on 5 play where he was put with top line players while appleton has not appleton is on pace to have roughly the same amount of points as lowry by the way and the 3rd lines primary function is NOT to provide offense but shut down the other teams top players and because someone mentioned dzone and ozone faceoffs i will mention that iafallo is getting about 60 % of his 5v5 faceoffs in ozone and appleton is only getting 36 % of his 5v5 faceoffs in ozone sorry but leave the thinking to people who actually know what they are talking about

The longest sentence I ever read .........

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I think I would take the guy that has 20 points and is +9 that you are paying 2.1 a year over the guy that has 1 point and is -4 in 16 games. That is just me though

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I gotta say i think the PP needs to be better but no Scheifele and Connor is definitely going to hurt production. I'm way happier being one of the best 5 on 5 teams and also one of the best teams in the entire NHL . Teams that rely on a great PP to win games are going no where in the playoffs .
Just look at the Rangers ... best PP in the league at the end of December ... 25-9-1
In January their PP is not scoring 3 in 21 PPs for 14.2% ... their record 2-4-1

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

One day that red will turn a shade of blue :laugh:

hope this silences some of the size queens about the Jets defense group
Appleton has 5 points in his last 23 games.

Iafallo has 4 in his last 23 games.

In a perfect world neither of them are in the top 7-8 for 5v5 minutes, period :laugh:.

Add a 2C, bump Names down to the Lowry line, Apples and Iafallo can battle on the 4th line.
i think for the POs we really could benefit from a top-9fwd that would ultimately bump those 2 down after KC is back. don't really care if it's C or Wing. you can find viable top-9ers for decent prices at the TDL.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Lots of Appleton hate on here lately ... tough crowd to please.
Every player makes mistakes but apparently Appleton is not allowed to make any mistakes.
I have not seen any live games can't wait for the 2 games here vs Canucks so I won't judge Appleton too hard.
I'll admit he has stone hands or maybe just unlucky lately but its not like the Jets are losing because of him. Bones it not stupid if Appleton was a problem he would not dress him. Everyone has a bad game and who knows maybe he is dealing with a minor injury?
Perfetti is playing with a hand injury and can't take faceoffs and yet he is still playing ... Ehlers too.
8 games with only 5 days off ... I bet there's a few players dealing with bumps and bruises.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
thank you for apparently being the only other person whos seen more then 2 games this year these comments are absurd about appleton
Welcome to the board??

Lots of Appleton hate on here lately ... tough crowd to please.
Every player makes mistakes but apparently Appleton is not allowed to make any mistakes.
I have not seen any live games can't wait for the 2 games here vs Canucks so I won't judge Appleton too hard.
I'll admit he has stone hands or maybe just unlucky lately but its not like the Jets are losing because of him. Bones it not stupid if Appleton was a problem he would not dress him. Everyone has a bad game and who knows maybe he is dealing with a minor injury?
Perfetti is playing with a hand injury and can't take faceoffs and yet he is still playing ... Ehlers too.
8 games with only 5 days off ... I bet there's a few players dealing with bumps and bruises.
I'm the biggest player fan there is. I loathe to call Jets players out, I've support them to a fault. Appleton had been bad, really bad for at least a month. Unfortunately I think it's more regression to the mean than a slump.

We have a deep team and I'm hoping the Jets realize they're are better options than him going forward.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I don't know why people are bring Iaffalo and Kupari into the argument, my original post was about Apples play lately and how he is not accomplishing anything on the ice, could he get better maybe but I see nothing in his game especially lately that gives hope.
Ya i am a huge Jets player fan just like @Jet has said and it's not like i think Appleton is useless i just think he is best suited for a 4th line on a deep very good team.

Reactions: Jet and bustamente

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think I would take the guy that has 20 points and is +9 that you are paying 2.1 a year over the guy that has 1 point and is -4 in 16 games. That is just me though
So, you'd take the guy who had a 2 month spell of production in his entire career over someone who brings more to the table other than scoring? (I'm guessing your argument is Appleton over Iafallo)

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
There's a lot worse than that poster on here.
wHat aRE YoU saYingLoL ? :laugh:

So, you'd take the guy who had a 2 month spell of production in his entire career over someone who brings more to the table other than scoring? (I'm guessing your argument is Appleton over Iafallo)
Thinking he meant Appleton over Kupari maybe.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Thinking he meant Appleton over Kupari maybe

Thinking he meant Appleton over Kupari maybe.
Hmmmm well in that case I already made my argument for 15 over 22.

Appleton has a large body of work and is a hell of a lot closer to the last 20 games than the first 2 months of this season which were an outlier for him.

Kupari has yet to put it together in the nhl but you can just see what he brings to the table. Speed, physical play, hands, and offensive talent that Appleton simply does not have.

I'd rather take a chance on the younger player with potential.

Reactions: Jets 31

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
My point is I'd rather have him on the 4th line once we get healthy. Lowry and Nino are dragging him along IMHO. I think that iafallo is the guy who should be on that line.

Additionally, if I had to choose between Appleton and Kupari on the 4th, I'm picking Kups all day for 2 reasons:

Kupari IMHO is younger and has more upside. He's also physical and doesn't fall down 30x a game.

Also, though he hasn't put it together yet, you can see Kupari has an offensive talent to his game that's worth exploring.
Hey I watched at least 10% of the last game and by my eye test Apples fell 28 times at most. But I've lost 3 pairs of my Costco readers in the past week so I can't vouch for my vision. And apparently my hearing is shot so there's that too I guess. But bottom line is Apples fell but not 30 times. I think.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I generally overlook spelling or even proper grammar as long as I get the gist of the post
I just don't understand what makes someone sign up for HF boards and come on a team forum and just be a ass with their very first posts? I don't understand that at all . Come on here tell me you think i'm wrong and here is why and i have no problem with that. I am just a Jets fan not a professed expert and i am wrong lots. But to say i have no idea what i'm talking about and have only seen 1 game this year is just being a total ass.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I just don't understand what makes someone sign up for HF boards and come on a team forum and just be a ass with their very first posts? I don't understand that at all . Come on here tell me you think i'm wrong and here is why and i have no problem with that. I am just a Jets fan not a professed expert and i am wrong lots. But to say i have no idea what i'm talking about and have only seen 1 game this year is just being a total ass.
Some people know everything and feel they need to tell you. Maybe they do generally they don't

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00