Post-Game Talk: Flyers 2 - Jets 0

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I like the fact that if he doesn't work out at C as well as Vlad, he can still play wing on the Lowry line and allow us to roll an Iafallo-Gus-Appleton 4th line. Also looks like he has had good PP impact so would help on the PP too. I'd be all for it if the price is not too high.
Are you forgetting Barron?

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
A stat that doesn't get mentioned when comparing players like oh I don't know, lets say Appleton & Kupari is TOI. Appleton has played every game this season and has almost twice the ice time Kupari has had with all of Kupari's minutes except for the last game on the fourth line where the focus is clearly not on offense. I do think that at some point if he were to get extended time higher up the lineup with more offensively skilled players that the offense would come. Much the same way I feel about Barron.

Reactions: TRINZLER

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Appleton was great to start the season, he's had a rough stretch for sure though. The question is whether he'll get back to it or if this is the norm. For the record I've felt like Iafallo has been bad for awhile as well. Don't understand how you keep him in the top 6, much less on the top power play unit.

Reactions: hn777

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Appleton was great to start the season, he's had a rough stretch for sure though. The question is whether he'll get back to it or if this is the norm. For the record I've felt like Iafallo has been bad for awhile as well. Don't understand how you keep him in the top 6, much less on the top power play unit.
KFC's impending return takes Iafallo out of the top 6 for sure and if we are going only by looking at pts scored then Iafallo has been "bad". I'm thinking that his bad is a little different than Appleton's bad if that makes sense. I don't dissect games like some do, who are very good at it, seeing things I or others don't see but I'm wondering which of the two, Iafallo or Appleton has had more bad plays or bad shifts. Iafalo is close to a .50 point a game player for his career so it has been there in the past, This may just be a down season for him in that respect. Whereas Appleton to me has been the type of player who has a run of good games a couple times a season maybe and sort of disappears the rest of the time. I certainly don't think the 3rd line drops off in any way if Iafallo where to take Appleton's place with Nino and Lowry with Appleton on the 4th or rotating the rest of the bodies in and out of the lineup situationally on that line. The exception being Barron. I see no need for him to come out.

Yeah no top 6 for Iafallo but 2nd power play unit I'm not against as his game opens up ice for the other skaters. IMO of course.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
My point is I'd rather have him on the 4th line once we get healthy. Lowry and Nino are dragging him along IMHO. I think that iafallo is the guy who should be on that line.

Additionally, if I had to choose between Appleton and Kupari on the 4th, I'm picking Kups all day for 2 reasons:

Kupari IMHO is younger and has more upside. He's also physical and doesn't fall down 30x a game.

Also, though he hasn't put it together yet, you can see Kupari has an offensive talent to his game that's worth exploring.

I agree that Iafallo is probably better in that spot than Apples. Probably.

Apples over Kupari all day, every day, without any hesitation - but I agree Kupari has more upside. I would like to see Kupari in the AHL, developing. That's not an option. I doubt he clears waivers. Though with 1 A in 16 games he just might.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I agree that Iafallo is probably better in that spot than Apples. Probably.

Apples over Kupari all day, every day, without any hesitation - but I agree Kupari has more upside. I would like to see Kupari in the AHL, developing. That's not an option. I doubt he clears waivers. Though with 1 A in 16 games he just might.
I don't think he would clear tbh. Big kid, speed to burn, physical side and offensive instincts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad