Post-Game Talk: Flyers 2 - Jets 0

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
They are tired. When they are tired they get away from the team game and too many people working outside their wheelhouse.

It’s understandable but we need a fairly full lineup to play the way we want.

And rested.

Hopefull for the rest of the season.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
The Good:

Really liked the pushback in the 3rd. I was pissed watching this game the first 2 periods but was in a good mood by the end, eventhough we lost. You're gonna get goalied every once in a while. Tonight sadly we ran into Samuel Vejmelka.

Lowry did an admirable job filling in for 55 and didn't look out of place in that role. 27 and 13 great, unlucky not to get atleast one, esp since 27 is nicked up a bit.

2nd line with a great effort. I thought Iafallo esp had one of his better games, if that play towards the end where he spun off his check stole the puck and got a shot off falling down had gone in, the roof would have blown off that place.

This is the type of game where Jets really miss Connor.

The bad:

Not a great game there for Pionk and Samberg I thought. Samberg wasn't awful but not his usual self. Pionk gave away the puck in his own zone too much.

What the hell was going on the PK? How are two Flyers behind both Jets D? This was happening in the last Flyers PP as well so it was not just a missed assignment.

The ugly:

22... simply awful in the first 2 periods. Not just howlers, I mean little plays like not being ready to receive a breakout pass in the neutral zone, misjudging an incoming pass and getting it in his skate, putting guys offside killing momentum of his line's shift. It sucks that the coach is gonna think it was Kupari being rusty. Once the Jets are healthy I think Iafallo might be a better fit on the 3rd line. I think 22 is trying hard but it's just not there for him right now and I think he might be better in a 4th line role.
Pretty good assesment and I totally agree about Appleton. That play when he appears to be sleeping when the puck arrived got me more po'd then normal about his play. He's the forward that I'd be making a tread to replace.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
I thought Frost showed really well tonight, if he is indeed our target. Hellebuyck was fantastic.
didn't frost show something tonite, playing centre in an 11F lineup? positively noticeable in many situations.

beware. Torts might flip him over into required player status at any time, he seems great, and much less tradeable than he was the first 10 games.

Reactions: hn777 and Atoyot

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Frost finishes top on his team with an xGF% of 79.61. Unfortunately his underlying stats are only behind Konecny since being a healthy scratch to start the season. Could have been a cheap grab earlier but getting more expensive every game.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Frost finishes top on his team with an xGF% of 79.61. Unfortunately his underlying stats are only behind Konecny since being a healthy scratch to start the season. Could have been a cheap grab earlier but getting more expensive every game.
completely correct. still available, but not as cheaply as 30 games ago, by far, and every 10 game segment he has become more important to Flyer play. a bit wierd.

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
Appreciate the kind words! You guys took over in the 2nd and were impressive overall on a back to back. Not a Torts fan but the Flyers are performing well!
Every great team has a game that is pure crap. This was your game. Back to winning the division for the Jets. We are stuck tbh. Good enough not to win the lottery, bad enough to miss playoffs or get crushed if they do. Someday......

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Just returned home from the game. Frustrating that the first two periods was characterised by the Jets being a half step behind... The third was great, as pointed out by @JetsFan815 - the crowd was ready to go nuts with a goal, but I've got to hand it to that guy for Philly, he was excellent.

Had some fun in section 124, some characters there including a young person dressed in a Gritty 'fit.

Not mad, ready for more. :)

Onward

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
completely correct. still available, but not as cheaply as 30 games ago, by far, and every 10 game segment he has become more important to Flyer play. a bit wierd.
He's a good player. Flashy and Torts likes to tone down the risk that comes with that. He was impressive tonight.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Eeyore is sad because the Jets can't win them all.
OIG (1).jpeg

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Every great team has a game that is pure crap. This was your game. Back to winning the division for the Jets. We are stuck tbh. Good enough not to win the lottery, bad enough to miss playoffs or get crushed if they do. Someday......
Might work in your favour with Michkov on his way in a couple years, he looks like he'll be a game changer.

With talent and a good supporting cast right off the hop things could turn around real quick.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
He's a good player. Flashy and Torts likes to tone down the risk that comes with that. He was impressive tonight.
My best explanation for unloading a player who displays the rare skills is he doesn't have enough of them for the number of years the Flyers will have a re-do on via draft et al.

Makes...somes sense. Frost is def a borderline guy. Mild positive trend.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
first loss in 9 games. On the brightside, at least i can start making predictions in the prediction thread again!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad