Post-Game Talk: Flyers 2 - Jets 0

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think I'll go and watch the Ice Bowl out in Kansas City. Mighty cold there, same as here, for an NFL game.

Reactions: TheHead

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Seconded.

We knew it was coming. Doesn't make it any easier to swallow on the backs of a 8 game winning streak. Poor puck management, bad luck, and a good goalie on the other end were the difference. Credit to the Flyers for playing a perfect road game. Stupid f***s. Hope they lose their wifi on the flight home.
Funny thing is Oilers extended theirs to 10 games by winning the special teams battle , which the Jets rarely win.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I'm ok with this. The streak had to end sooner or later. It does suggest to me that Jets can't stand pat at the trade deadline. We need at least one more forward with a bit of a scoring touch. And actually I'm ok with our D especially with the best goaltending tandem in the league.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I'm ok with this. The streak had to end sooner or later. It does suggest to me that Jets can't stand pat at the trade deadline. We need at least one more forward with a bit of a scoring touch. And actually I'm ok with our D especially with the best goaltending tandem in the league.
Some depth scoring would be nice but not at any cost.

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
Keeping the three goals or less streak is still pretty important. Shows that even when the team is playing kind of crappy, they're still being defensively sound. You're going to win way more times only allowing that many goals than you lose.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Winnipeg simply ran out of gas. Flyers played well and deserved the win. Ersson played lights out and made some pretty good saves. Jets had an amazing run, so let's start a new one next game. I give this match two Rocky's out of five...

rocky1.gif
rocky2.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the New York Islanders has been posted for your guesses. Don't forget to sign up to create a GDT, the season is half way done, but I still need your help in filling in lots of spots. See you on Tuesday! Good night...

rocky3.jpg

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The Good:

Really liked the pushback in the 3rd. I was pissed watching this game the first 2 periods but was in a good mood by the end, eventhough we lost. You're gonna get goalied every once in a while. Tonight sadly we ran into Samuel Vejmelka.

Lowry did an admirable job filling in for 55 and didn't look out of place in that role. 27 and 13 great, unlucky not to get atleast one, esp since 27 is nicked up a bit.

2nd line with a great effort. I thought Iafallo esp had one of his better games, if that play towards the end where he spun off his check stole the puck and got a shot off falling down had gone in, the roof would have blown off that place.

This is the type of game where Jets really miss Connor.

The bad:

Not a great game there for Pionk and Samberg I thought. Samberg wasn't awful but not his usual self. Pionk gave away the puck in his own zone too much.

What the hell was going on the PK? How are two Flyers behind both Jets D? This was happening in the last Flyers PP as well so it was not just a missed assignment.

The ugly:

22... simply awful in the first 2 periods. Not just howlers, I mean little plays like not being ready to receive a breakout pass in the neutral zone, misjudging an incoming pass and getting it in his skate, putting guys offside killing momentum of his line's shift. It sucks that the coach is gonna think it was Kupari being rusty. Once the Jets are healthy I think Iafallo might be a better fit on the 3rd line. I think 22 is trying hard but it's just not there for him right now and I think he might be better in a 4th line role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad