Flint Firebirds 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
To be fair Flint would be wise to trade Hayes and perhaps Pitre too in a rebuilding season, whether they go to the Hounds or elsewhere
Don't disagree with you at all.

After the coaching change, need to see how things shake out for the boys a bit. Beat a decent Barrie team on the road last night. I don't think this is a season they go for it at all. Hayes will probably get traded, Pitre I doubt since his younger brother is on the team.

But I'm not Dave McParlan and as far as I know no one else here is either, so for homeslice to keep coming over and asking the same question is a bit old already, not even a month into the season. If he needs to know how Gavin is doing, I suggest he gets down to your arena early and ask Travis after a pre-game skate.

CTrain10

Mar 23, 2023
Big powerplay goal for you guys yesterday means now Sudbury is dead last in the league and flints up to second last, tonight should be fun

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Whew. They survived the 1st. I think there’s a pretty good chance Sudbury plays more than one game in Saginaw this year.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Was ridden hard into the point where glass starts at end of Flint’s bench. It most certainly hurt, a lot.
Yeah that happened with like 20-25 seconds left in the 2nd. He was not on the bench during the 3rd.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Was only able to watch a little bit of the 1st and a couple minutes of the 2nd. Not thrilled about the 6GA but Day looked pretty good with what I did see. I’ll take the 4pts on the Northern swing with no Dann or Smith and Bertucci and Slavicek getting on the board finally. Hayes and Pitre finding the back of the net. Every weekend has been better than the last and that’s all I need to see at this point. October was a pretty rough schedule and it’s not over yet with Saginaw and Sault x2.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

“Ethan came to us and expressed his desire for a change of scenery, thinking it would be in his best interest,” Firebirds general manager Dave McParlan said. “While it’s always hard to see a good player and teammate exit, we are understanding of his wishes. The pile of assets we received in the deal puts us in a strong position as we look to build a championship-contending team this season."

Tough, felt like they were starting to turn the corner.

Last edited:

AnotherDimwit

Sep 13, 2007
Grand Blanc, MI
I hate losing Hay, he's such an amazing faceoff guy and especially to the biggest rival, but I don't hate it. That haul is way better than we usually seem to get. Now we just have to use them right.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
First of all. They could keep him all this year and to the trade deadline next year and get that value out of him. Kressler pushing him down the lineup?!?!? What are they going for it this year? With THIS GROUP? If they even look like that’s the plan. I’m out for real. Didn’t they learn about wasting assets to only get bounced in the 1st round? Trade Kressler. Trade Giroux. You’re not doing ANYTHING this year and they’ll be gone. Apparently based on this move they ain’t gunning for next year either when Day and Bertucci will be in their final year in the OHL. It’s sooooooooooo simple. You just look at what the last 5 OHL Champions did to get there. Flint Management? “Nah. Let’s not do that. Let’s do the type of stuff Erie does and maybe WE can miss the playoffs for 5 straight years too!”

Just to note. That ‘24 Saginaw 2nd round pick will be one of, if not the last pick in the 2nd round.

Reactions: HF92

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

“Ethan came to us and expressed his desire for a change of scenery, thinking it would be in his best interest,” Firebirds general manager Dave McParlan said. “While it’s always hard to see a good player and teammate exit, we are understanding of his wishes. The pile of assets we received in the deal puts us in a strong position as we look to build a championship-contending team this season."

Tough, felt like they were starting to turn the corner.

…..as they look to build a Championship contending team THIS SEASON?!?? They seriously cannot be that delusional. But then again they were last year while I kept saying they were gonna get bounced in the 1st round.

Reactions: StormWatcher
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad