Flint Firebirds 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

Hay has been returned.

Bertucci has been returned.

Pitre has been returned.

Looks like we are waiting on Gavin Hayes and Nathan Day still.

Pitters and Bradshaw left off the roster as Toldyaso said they were released.
Jack D'Arcy left off, assuming emergency / B Card.
Sutherland also left off, but assume he is going to be a B card/emergency this year, unless absolutely needed.

24 on the current roster.

Last edited:

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I never noticed watching that before but when Coughlan goes into the scrum it looks like he tries to kick someone.

That Tyler Tucker scrap at center ice in 2020 was a pretty memorable one too.

This one?

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Don’t be ridiculous. Martin and their picks rounds 2-6 for the next two years should get it done.
They gotta send us the younger Hayers too.

So then Gavin wants to be traded back here for pennies on the dollar.

• Haha
Reactions: HF92

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
They gotta send us the younger Hayers too.

So then Gavin wants to be traded back here for pennies on the dollar.
I don't think that's do-able. It would have to be part 2 as Travis can't be traded until next year. By that time Gavin will be graduated.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I don't think that's do-able. It would have to be part 2 as Travis can't be traded until next year. By that time Gavin will be graduated.
giphy.gif

Reactions: HF92 and HockeyPops

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
It does seem like a realistic deal to start working out though. Soo is obviously looking to buy in. Flint should probably be looking to move Hayes. Especially if they’re keeping 06’s and 07’s and moving on from Pitters and Bradshaw. Uniting both Hayes brothers makes sense. I don’t know about trading in Division though.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
It does seem like a realistic deal to start working out though. Soo is obviously looking to buy in. Flint should probably be looking to move Hayes. Especially if they’re keeping 06’s and 07’s and moving on from Pitters and Bradshaw. Uniting both Hayes brothers makes sense. I don’t know about trading in Division though.

You won't get Martin or Hayes but I'm sure Christopher Brown is on the table or maybe even Virgilio.

Reactions: Section5Petes

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
When was the last time a team had two sets of brothers playing on the team? Hayes would be a nice pickup

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Good to see Day back with the squad, hadn't seen it mentioned that he was returned.

Hayes must still be with Chicago.

Reactions: Hockytwn51419

Goldilocks

Sep 22, 2023
I'm glad it's not just me. No sound, no clock, not good.

Day has had an awful first period which is really disappointing. Obviously it's a very tiny sample size, but I though he was going to take steps to next level and be elite in net. He's going to have to do much better than he has tonight.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I'm glad it's not just me. No sound, no clock, not good.

Day has had an awful first period which is really disappointing. Obviously it's a very tiny sample size, but I though he was going to take steps to next level and be elite in net. He's going to have to do much better than he has tonight.
Brutal start.

Big rebounds, and slow feet from the D doomed Day as well. He wasn't sharp by any means, but the D really could have helped him some more. 25-6 in shots is never good.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Time to hit reset tonight. Not overly concerned. There were a ton of crazy scores last night no one would have expected. It won’t be easy minus Giroux. Just an absolute stupid way to start out as Captain. They need a veteran D. It’s been my concern for awhile. There isn’t many OA’s left out there. Go get Punnet or Mayer. Just to stabilize the back end. If Kressler comes back, you know who you can drop or which one you could actually trade. It’s a rebuild year but I think the D needs a veteran addition.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Time to hit reset tonight. Not overly concerned. There were a ton of crazy scores last night no one would have expected. It won’t be easy minus Giroux. Just an absolute stupid way to start out as Captain. They need a veteran D. It’s been my concern for awhile. There isn’t many OA’s left out there. Go get Punnet or Mayer. Just to stabilize the back end. If Kressler comes back, you know who you can drop or which one you could actually trade. It’s a rebuild year but I think the D needs a veteran addition.
The D looked slow last night for sure. Almost like a few of them werent expecting the speed of the game to be that fast.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Punnett or Mayer probably won't be available until the deadline but Cam Gauvreau from the Petes would be a cheaper addition who would be a settling presence for Flint. He also played in Saginaw so he is familiar with Michigan and the Western conference. His experiences an OHL champion would prove valuable IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino