Speculation: Flames Trek II - The Wrath of Don (Calgary Flames GM Search)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
This whole thing is going exactly how I thought it would go when Maloney was made POH. They are looking for a yes man and all the external young progressive candidates will want at a minimum control over roster moves and trades. Do you think Bowman, Nonis and Bergivan will push back on control? They’ll just be happy to be a gm again.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Could it be any more obvious that it’s going to be Conroy? Bergevin, Nonis, insert-washed-interviewee, are all just placeholders to make him look good

Treliving to Toronto is such a funny move if it happens. I can’t wait to see Mr. Full Autonomy power struggle Shanahan out of a job before further ruining the Leafs. They’re in deep trouble if they pull the trigger on this

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Plenty of warning from the Decade of Darkness a few hours north of what happens if you keep refilling positions with the Old Boys Club.

Yeah, I'm not as high on Conroy as others.

Could it be any more obvious that it’s going to be Conroy? Bergevin, Nonis, insert-washed-interviewee, are all just placeholders to make him look good
1684633773490.png

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
According to Elliotte Friedman, Craig Conroy is a serious contender to become the Calgary Flames new GM.

Friedman says we will all find out which direction the Calgary Flames are going regarding the GM search by early next week.

Maple Leafs looking for next GM to possess ‘bite’, willingness to make tough choices

2:20 | May 20, 2023

Elliotte Friedman discusses the latest news surrounding the Maple Leafs GM search, how the Dubas extension ultimately crumbled, and how other teams are responding following the news.

Last edited:

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
It would’ve been nice to poach someone like Tulsky from Carolina. But Conny has paid his dues. He’s been AGM for a decade now and if he was never gonna get it in Calgary he would’ve probably gotten it somewhere else (he was once a finalist for GM in Buffalo). Congrats to him and I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do in the GM chair

Reactions: Boomstick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad