OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Bring the brothers together!

3425292_1386455444554.99res_400_300.jpg

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He played with Goligoski usually this season and acted as the trigger man on the blue line for that pairing. Cannon of a shot, misses the net often though. Occasional 1st unit PP minutes with OEL.

I think he'd be best served trying to focus on his defense play with you guys given the rest of the names in that group. Can be very physical but hasn't shown it much this season.
Thanks again, he'll likely be playing with Brodie, so perhaps playing with that calibre of defender will help him out too.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Will admit I don't know anything about Michael Stone. This is an honest question: Could he be a legitimate top 4 D or is he like Jokipakka who was also projected to be a top 4 Dman

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Will admit I don't know anything about Michael Stone. This is an honest question: Could he be a legitimate top 4 D or is he like Jokipakka who was also projected to be a top 4 Dman
He was a legit top 4 before blowing out his knee last year. He's struggled this year post-surgery, honestly he probably hasn't been 100% most of the year.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

He has been Oliver Ekman-Larsson's defense partner for a huge chunk of his career, and they've been a reliable and competent top pair. However in terms of actual individual ability he's probably better suited to 3rd pair if his partner is not of that OEL class. I do believe Brodie is right there with OEL though, especially at ES as most of OEL's pay grade comes on the PP.

Last edited:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Last year he was debately a #3D. This year he has struggled mightily and I think would be considered a bottom pair guy.

Which player is the real Michael Stone is what we will find out.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'm excited to see what's to come then.

I'll be really sad if we let Treliving walk in the offseason.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Not bad, pretty cheap and it's yet another player heading into UFA. Stone is at least a solid NHL level defender which is more than you can say for Wideman and Jokipakka at this point. Kulak it seems to depend on the day. Remember really liking him when he was on the Hitmen, can't really say he's made much of an impression since then. Should be a decent partner for Brodie, and will hopefully allow him to feel more comfortable carrying the puck through the NZ.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
That's pretty cheap; Arizona fans were hoping for a 2nd plus. But factoring in the (hopefully eminent) departure of Wideman and this is absolutely fantastic.

But if that's the price for UFA defenceman, I wouldn't expect anything more than a 4th or worse in return. Wideman's baggage and hefty salary, along with ownerships apparent reluctance to retain is problematic.

Stone's a mixed bag but it's highly implausible that he's worse than Wideman.

And yeah, extend Treliving already. There's no way ownership can be that stupid when it comes to hockey administration.

Last edited:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
That's pretty cheap; Arizona fans were hoping for a 2nd plus. But factoring in the (hopefully eminent) departure of Wideman and this is absolutely fantastic.

But if that's the price for UFA defenceman, I wouldn't anything more than a 4th or worse in return. Wideman's baggage and hefty salary, along with ownership apparent reluctance to retain is problematic.

And yeah, extend Treliving already. There's no way ownership can be that stupid when it comes to hockey administration.

I think you overestimate Murray Edwards

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

But if that's the price for UFA defenceman, I wouldn't anything more than a 4th or worse in return. Wideman's baggage and hefty salary, along with ownership apparent reluctance to retain is problematic.

I think at this point, anything for Wideman is a big win.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The Treliving contract situation is what stresses me the most about this team. Don't think there's any possible replacement that would be an improvement over him

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Regarding dealing Wideman, a 5th might equal a 3rd in this draft. My reason for saying that is everyone's draft lists will be so vastly different in this particular draft. Some teams might have players ranked as 2nd round picks and they might be available in the 5/6th. The key is getting a mid pick for Wideman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad