Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Troy Brouwer 4 years $18 mill

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I'd rather have the 4 year term for 4.5 versus the 6-7 years and 6 million bucks that been handed out today. Okposo would be the only age sensitive guy out there, but he got a major payday.

You read my mind :laugh:

Okposo would have been really nice with that contract.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
With Frolik already signed to his deal that is a lot of money for some very meh RW's.

You have two work-horse RW's with finish.

When you have Johnny Gaudreau, Monahan, Bennett and Tkachuk on the middle/left side, I think you insulate them with just solid RW's for success.

Look at the last X amount of cup winners. Strong down the middle, elite winger or two, and smart/solid players elsewhere.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
I'd rather have the 4 year term for 4.5 versus the 6-7 years and 6 million bucks that been handed out today. Okposo would be the only age sensitive guy out there, but he got a major payday.
More money =/= Worse deals. I would gadly take Lucic's new deal over the one BT gave Brouwer.

moon*

When you have Johnny Gaudreau, Monahan, Bennett and Tkachuk on the middle/left side, I think you insulate them with just solid RW's for success.

Look at the last X amount of cup winners. Strong down the middle, elite winger or two, and smart/solid players elsewhere.

Only twice over 20 goals in his career playing on some offensive powerhouse teams in Washington doesn't seem like a great finisher to me. Frolik with zero 20 goals season far from a finisher.

I know we won't have 6 Crosby's on our top 6 but paying both Frolik and Brouwer over 4 million a year seems a little redundant to me. 1 of them (Brouwer preferred) is fine 2 seems like a recipe for a mediocre top 6/team.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
More money =/= Worse deals.

And which UFA signings for more money are better than Brouwer, aside from Okposo's new deal? Not Lucic, not Eriksson, not Ladd... so who?

Edit: Just caught your ninja edit. No way in hell would I consider the Lucic deal a better one.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
More money =/= Worse deals.

Clearly. But I don't think any deals handed out here are much better than Brouwer's. I get you don't like the player, I remember when I was young and opinionated :laugh:

moon*

Clearly. But I don't think any deals handed out here are much better than Brouwer's. I get you don't like the player, I remember when I was young and opinionated :laugh:

Perron and Staal are two guys who are better players that got less money and less term. Those deals are definitely better than this deal.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Only twice over 20 goals in his career playing on some offensive powerhouse teams in Washington doesn't seem like a great finisher to me. Frolik with zero 20 goals season far from a finisher.

I know we won't have 6 Crosby's on our top 6 but paying both Frolik and Brouwer over 4 million a year seems a little redundant to me. 1 of them (Brouwer preferred) is fine 2 seems like a recipe for a mediocre top 6/team.

I'd look over my stat sheet again my man. 8 seasons, 3 20 goal seasons, 1 19 goal season on the lockout shortened season :laugh:

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Okposo, Ladd, Lucic and Eriksson.

Ladd's deal price wise isn't bad, but I think the term is just a touch too long; not to mention that NYI could have re-signed Okposo instead of signing Ladd, all things considered. Eriksson's contract is decent money wise, but the term is again the problem. Lucic I explained in my previous post (with an edit), and I already said Okposo's is the only one that is actually better than Brouwer's IMHO.

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Perron and Staal are two guys who are better players that got less money and less term. Those deals are definitely better than this deal.

I agree, I like those deals, but I doubt either guy would have upped here.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
CmS1bIQWEAAlc0K.jpg:large

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Ladd's deal price wise isn't bad, but I think the term is just a touch too long; not to mention that NYI could have resigned Okposo instead of signing Ladd, all things considered. Eriksson's contract is decent money wise, but the term is again the problem. Lucic I explained in my previous post (with an edit), and I already said Okposo's is the only one that is actually better than Brouwer's IMHO.

Not to mention that those guys actually have to want to sign with Calgary.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think we might be done here without moves.
14.5 cap space left, and Johnny/Monny need deals. Unless BT knows he can hide Smid on LTIR.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

Exactly how I see it. The offence will come from Johnny, Mony, Bennett and Tkachuk. Fro and Bro are the complimentary players you want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad