Error 503
Term is too long but he'll be a great fit on any of the top three lines

Gaudreau-Monahan-Brouwer

or

Frolik-Backlund-Brouwer

or

Tkachuk-Bennett-Brouwer

JohnDingman

Too much money for a third line player. Wish we could have got Boedker but I guess that was a pipe dream. Not happy with this signing...

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I like the signing. He brings everything this team needs. No one has touched the topic of him being a locker-room leader. This team needed that up front.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Deal is maybe .5M too high (on the AAV) but in the flurry of high deals like Ladd guess they had to pull the trigger

Great fit for Calgary I like Brouwer as a secondary piece on good teams and he could be that here if our team is able to get going.
Checks the big 3 boxes
- 20+ goals from the wing
- Tough to play against
- RHS natural RW

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Flames needed a RW. 4 years is not too much, $4.5M is not too bad for minimum 15-15, potential 20-20 physical guy. Long term, Flames are not yet in a position to give 7 year contracts for UFAs.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Not thrilled at the contract but, it seems to be the going rate for free agents. He was a playoff beast last year though.

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
Decent pick up for the forward lines. Term and length a little too long, but so are most of the UFA's being signed today it seems. It won't cripple you.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Big time meh on Brouwer for me. Oh well. I was hoping for a more offensively talented winger, but alas.

I'd rather have the 4 year term for 4.5 versus the 6-7 years and 6 million bucks that been handed out today. Okposo would be the only age sensitive guy out there, but he got a major payday.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
most deals signed today will come with future regret.

I've been a big Brouwer fan for a long time as he's a consistent 20 goal scorer.

If flames fans want Johnny to go to war against lucic, maroon, kassian, etc without any protection that can play regular minutes, then prepared to be embarrassed.

Also he's a proven playoff guy

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I said last night to my friends I wanted him at 4x4, so I was close.

He is the definition of a consistent 40 point player, has done it for 7 straight yeas now. He isn't top line material, but he is definitely middle 6 forward. Should be fine playing with Bennett on the 2nd line or Monahan on the 1st.

Slush

Jan 26, 2016
Calgary, Canada
He brings size and grit with some offense too scoring 18 goals last year. The contract could have been a bit better (cheaper) but I like this deal.

Welcome to Calgary Troy!

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
giphy.gif

This contract, I like it! Another!

$500k too much maybe, but considering it's July 1 and the other deals around, this is one of the best ones for a big name get, yet. Sure the 4th year is maybe too much, but I'll take an extra year of Brouwer over an extra 3-4 years of a slowed down Lucic or Loui Eriksson.

moon*

With Frolik already signed to his deal that is a lot of money for some very meh RW's.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Keep in mind team, he was making 3.6 when he signed with St. Louis; he put up more points and was impressive in St. Louis, he was getting a raise.

The fact we got him for less than a million of raise money; that's actually a good deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad