Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Jagr (1YRx$1M + bonuses) EDIT: Assigned to Kladno (Czech)

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
DLUwscSUIAEorqJ.jpg:small

Aug 3, 2010
Conroy, who is hosting the presser, is only 1 year older than Jagr but retired 6 years ago.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
I feel like that jersey would look better covered in advertisements. That could also pay for the arena.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Totally. If Ken King is going to sign off on that garbage jersey, he might as well bring in some extra cash

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
He's likely a 30 point player this year. You can't be a badass forever.

He does look trimmer, leaner. That might help his speed, skating and being able to last the rigors of the season. He was 230 lbs last year, he's 213 lbs this year it seems (as per the articles).

RealRockNRolla

Oct 5, 2017
Hi guys, I'm a Scottish Leaf fan that's been a fan of Jagr and the NHL since 91. I hope you don't mind if I come to your board every now and then to chat and speak about the living legend. Was delighted you guys signed him, you've got a fantastic young team that needed a few vets in the top 9, now with Jagr, I'm expecting the Flames to take it to the next level, his mentoring and work ethic is infectious. I can really see Gaudreau, Monahan, Bennett, Tkachuk kicking on a few gears now. Good luck for the season, it's going to be amazing watching Jaromir break Howe's record.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Jagr is still playing, what the heck is Conroy’s excuse?
To get all serious, I think he would've played longer than he did if the Flames hadn't "encouraged" him to retire (I can't remember if they sent him to the minors or just healthy scratched him forever).

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
SOMEONE PLEASE tell me he will play Saturday. Skating during the player intro please.

Followed by a FLames win where he pots a G and gets an Assist.

K thx.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Someone needs to start making Flaming C mullet Jagr t-shirts and bring them to the games! :D

Maybe even give Jagr one!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad