Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Jagr (1YRx$1M + bonuses) EDIT: Assigned to Kladno (Czech)

Aug 21, 2014
200.gif

Reactions: Sk8M8

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Did not like the prospect of signing Jagr at $3+ million.

This contract is quite palatable. Low risk, medium reward. I like that.

Hopefully he has an effective season left in him.

47 points on a pretty bad Florida team. Huge win if he puts up 35-40 for us on 2nd/3rd line minutes. Given his past three seasons combined there's a chance we could see even more.

This is one of the game's all time greats. He's not going to fall off a cliff all of a sudden when his best skill is puck control :)

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
My lineup hope:
Tkachuk-Monahan-Jagr -- heavy, cycle line
Gaudreau-bennett-ferland-- fast skilled line with plenty of grit
Jankowski-backlund-frolik-- the mentors get another rookie
Versteeg-stajan-brouwer/lazar- the old guys, should match up well on a fourth line
This would be my hope as well however..if they don't want to split Gaudreau and Monahan...I would be fine with a Tkachuk/Bennett/Jagr line...

Reactions: Flameshomer

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Do you guys think he'll be on the top line with JG and SM, at least to start off with?
No. It'll be on the third line with Bennett most likely. Ferland is gonna be the top line RWer for the first little bit. Don't think Jagr has the legs for top line duty anyway

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
This is one of those deals where it's impossible to find anything to complain

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Big Jagr fan. This makes the child in me quite giddy. Not too sure how he'll fit on the team, but I look forward to the travelling Jagrs making a habit of going to Flames games. (I read somewhere a few of them were from Calgary). Was looking forward to Jankowski making a small splash this year, and this sounds like it could very well be his spot that is taken, but I'll take a wait and see approach and try to temper my disappointment on that end. Go Jags!

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Enjoy him. Jagr is a quote machine and a terrific locker room guy. Really enjoyed his time with the Devils and his bromance with Zubrus and Zajac was hysterical. Here is a great read: http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/...es_after_scoring_twice_in_devils_3-0_win.html

The one thing about Jagr though is he likes consistent linemates but at this stage of his career, he's sort of a niche player. Good thing for the Flames is they have players who can play like him (the Triple M line), Bennett, and I wouldn't be surprised if he meshes with Gaudreau-Monahan like he did with Huberdeau-Barkov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad