GDT: Flames @ Jets | The Legend of Calgary: Majooris Mask | Saturday 1 PM MT|SN|

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada
, I miss Regher' toughness.

Well Gelinas said they'd be resting guys (on the radio earlier) so I'm sure it is possible.

Hudler was beat on pretty good last night, wouldn't surprise me if he's one to get rested.

He was beat on real good. Hate that it is against us but damn I miss Regher's toughness. Still love that guy.

Aug 3, 2010
He was beat on real good. Hate that it is against us but damn I miss Regher's toughness. Still love that guy.

regehr-nasty.jpeg

Still hands-down one of the best photos of a player Flames uniform and arguably one of the best examples of what I consider to be a Flames player. Tough, ruthless, smart, and a leader.

I know most of his connections in Calgary are long gone by now but I think he'll still cheer for the Flames in the post-season if he had to choose. It's not like Buffalo's got anything to cheer for other than the Draft, and his old buddies Phaneuf, Iginla, Tanguay, Cammalleri aren't even on playoff teams... but Conroy's still here, and so is Gelinas. So maybe he'd still have some ties here I'd think, even if it's just for nostalgia's sake.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I know most of his connections in Calgary are long gone by now but I think he'll still cheer for the Flames in the post-season if he had to choose. It's not like Buffalo's got anything to cheer for other than the Draft, and his old buddies Phaneuf, Iginla, Tanguay, Cammalleri aren't even on playoff teams... but Conroy's still here, and so is Gelinas. So maybe he'd still have some ties here I'd think, even if it's just for nostalgia's sake.

Perhaps more importantly than the personal connections, he likely still has a connection to the city and the community to some degree.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
When we traded Reggie away I was heart broken. This guy was a warrior that bled for the team. At least when Iggy was traded, you knew it was coming for a long time.

I remember in 2007 when we were playing the Wings in the first round, Reggie was injured going into the playoffs. We were about to get eliminated and he came back to help keep us in only to get injured again. You knew he wasn't even close to being 100% but he sucked it up for the team.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
When we traded Reggie away I was heart broken. This guy was a warrior that bled for the team. At least when Iggy was traded, you knew it was coming for a long time.

I remember in 2007 when we were playing the Wings in the first round, Reggie was injured going into the playoffs. We were about to get eliminated and he came back to help keep us in only to get injured again. You knew he wasn't even close to being 100% but he sucked it up for the team.

Totally why Sutter had to have him in LA.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

Yeah watching him hoist the cup with the Kings was a little bittersweet for me. I got shivers seeing him with the cup, but bummed that he didn't get to play most of the playoffs cause he was injured.

I loved that Sutter interview with Warrener a couple months back when Sutter referred to him as an old tractor that you just slap on some new chains and he's ready to go again.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

The 2004 stories they had about the Flames defense... Is like, insane.
This guy is an absolute warrior, you love the guy for what he brought to this team for almost 900 games. Problem is he's incredibly slow, and on his last legs in the NHL.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Rumours say he's most likely retiring. Might have been Reggie's last season. :(

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

So much this. The only trade of the rebuild that stung more was Iggy. Reggie was such a huge part of the heart of those teams.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Am I the only one that was happy to see him go?

I was so tired of his hooking and holding penalties because he wasn't fast enough to keep up to the play. I was tied of him putting the blame on the forwards when there was losses, I didn't like how he publicly applauded the Keenan firing and I hated how he revealed to us all that Tanguay would cry in his stall after losses.

He had worn on my last nerve and was happy to see him go.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I'm gonna enjoy tonights game. Saturday night, game starts at 10pm, Flames have clinched playoffs. I'll get some beer, pizza etc. for myself :nod:

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
I'm gonna enjoy tonights game. Saturday night, game starts at 10pm, Flames have clinched playoffs. I'll get some beer, pizza etc. for myself :nod:

Guess I have to do the exact same thing. :handclap: Woah, without any pressures. A game of life and death changed to a frienly. But after unleashing the wolf it's not...

2catt.jpg

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
Heads up everyone, got an email saying that the Flames-Jets game will be nationally televised on Sportsnet. Those in Manitoba will see the game on TSN3 only.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I don't know if I want to see Sam for one game. I'd rather him season over the off-season, lift weights etc. and then come in ready to compete for a position next preseason. I think we'll feel cheated and even unimpressed a bit with this.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
this might be the most boring game of the year. Although one of the most memorable because of Bennett's debut.

I'd go

Ferland - Granlund - Poirier
Raymond - Bennett - Shore
Gaudreau - Monahan - Colborne
Wolf - Stajan - Jooris

Schlemko - Engelland
Wotherspoon - Potter
Kulak - Ramage

Hiller

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
Yup, interesting to see what happens. Hartley told in the interview, that this team doesn't take any days off when it's a game day. They understand that the home advantage is still a possibility. Still, I think that they won't push as hard as normally, which is just normal after clinching a playoff-spot with so many bruises.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad