GDT: Flames @ Coyotes, 7:00 MT, SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Subtle adjustment with the PP. Gio is letting Gaudreau circle up a little bit higher before dishing to him. That seems to lead to a more reliable passing lane across the slot that wasn't there when he was getting it right on the half-boards and bearing in.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Bennett's hands are so much better when he knows his linemates can collect the pass.
That's good to hear his hands might be his biggest issue in the NHL not lack of hockey IQ like many suggest. Improving his stickhandling would go a long way towards improving his scoring.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Barring a total meltdown, this will be our first win with a deficit greater than 1 goal in 16 games, going back to the 4-1 game against Carolina on Jan 14th

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Bennett's hands are so much better when he knows his linemates can collect the pass.

At the start of the game, he looked a bit overwhelmed. When he settled in, and started playing top 6 hockey... he's been excellent.

I love having him up there, I think he's earned it.

My only fear is that the third line has only not been a tire-fire when Bennett's hot. Without Bennett, they're going to need another hand on that line; it's more or less what we've done to our AHL team, except on the third line :laugh:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
At the start of the game, he looked a bit overwhelmed. When he settled in, and started playing top 6 hockey... he's been excellent.

My only fear is that the third line has only not been a tire-fire when Bennett's hot. Without Bennett, they're going to need another hand on that line; it's more or less what we've done to our AHL team, except on the third line :laugh:

Hopefully Ferland gets some time there and it lights a fire under his ass.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Damn it, Oilers are not helping...bunch of losers in full tank mode

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

A Ferland-Jankowski-Versteeg would be pretty deadly if Versteeg plays like last year and not this year.

tbh 3M has felt like our 3rd line lately. Tkachuk's offense has mostly come on the PP.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hopefully Ferland gets some time there and it lights a fire under his ass.

I liked that response to that dirty hit; he needs to play with more emotion. He's been bad lately. But then again, that's what separates these true top 6 guys versus these niche guys.

Reactions: InfinityIggy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad